Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2010, 07:36 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thief Of Love (View Post)
I am also rather fond of his "We work together eight hours a day, eight days a week. That's how many days we work together." Well, Scott, I'm glad to know how much time you spend working together. What a specific way to describe things. Almost like there's a whole chunk of time you're omitting by using that word "work." I mean, she is your best friend as described in this very article, right? Surely you see each other outside training...

Also, you might want to start looking at calendars, dude.
Yeah, I mean, look. The latest Roots pictures? Their answers here? Scott's gentleman doth protest too much and Tessa's predictable "we take it as a compliment, it means we're doing our job blah blah blah" next question comment? Yeah. They're either getting worse at this game or they've just finally given up trying (or caring) really.

ETA:
Quote:
I've always wondered that about Tessa's eyelashes myself. They're just insanely long at some competitions, and moreso than at some others.
I've always been incredibly jealous of her eyelashes. They're amazing. I'm fairly sure those are her real lashes and not fake ones that we're seeing most of the time. Oh, and GOD FORBID DON'T TOUCH HER FREAKING SKATE GUARDS! (I'm having fun with that one today, heh).

Last edited by kris9918; 06-29-2010 at 07:42 PM
Old 06-29-2010, 07:38 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
fishyfin1, I've always wondered that about Tessa's eyelashes myself. They're just insanely long at some competitions, and moreso than at some others.
Yeah, I always assume they're fake. As you say, they change in length, and sometimes the length really is crazy.

V.
Old 06-29-2010, 07:42 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
fishyfin1, I've always wondered that about Tessa's eyelashes myself. They're just insanely long at some competitions, and moreso than at some others.
I just don't like hers in Oly Farrucas... too long. On the other hand, I think Scott looked best in Oly Farrucas with his Morozov hair. He looked older, taller and more handsome. This pic, imo, should have been on the cover of their book:

Old 06-29-2010, 07:49 PM
Dedicated Fan

Hi everyone
I found some really great videos! Well, okay, one in particular, is really awesome.

I found them on the Skate Buzz website. Here is the link to the main video console- Skatebuzz Presents Skate TV

You have to register to see the videos, but it's quick and easy and these videos are worth watching (especially the Q&A).

Skate Buzz has two events that Tessa&Scott were at- they are listed on the left side under "Live Events"

One is the "Skate Canada Achievement Awards Gala and Banquet"
This is that volunteer awards banquet that T&S presented awards at not long ago. Patrick Chan, Jessica & Bryce also went and presented awards.
It's mostly just S&T posing with the winners but it's still cute to watch. Though Scott and Jessica act, um...awkward? Like I always say, that relationship is weeeird. Anyways...

The main video you guys must watch, though, is under "Skate Canada ACGM Welcome Event" - after you click on that event, click on the link that says "Olympic Dance Champions- Tessa and Scott"

It's a whole Q&A with Scott & Tessa led by Debbie Wilks and some french guy.
Tessa&Scott tell some really great stories!
Tessa is surprisingly more open/extroverted than usual and Scott is the quieter one, though "quiet" for Scott is not really "quiet" hehe.

Watch and enjoy!
Old 06-29-2010, 08:00 PM
Extreme Fan

These videos have so many great moments.

Don't touch the guards, right? The "DON'T TOUCH THEM!" Tessa freakout reenactment is classic. And Scott's LISTEN TO THE MUSIC!" Love it.

Oh and way to look uncomfortable during some of the questions/comments guys.

ETA: Yeah, I love Tessa's "NO SCOTT WAIT, you're forgetting how bad we sucked that week! We kept falling!" comments as well. She's so open and generally less reserved than normal in this interview, it's greatness (Scott is the opposite of his usual self) It's like they switched professional personas for the night.

Thanks for posting these Marcy, I don't think a lot of people had seen them yet.

DON'T TOUCH HER FREAKING SKATE GUARDS!

Last edited by kris9918; 06-29-2010 at 08:23 PM
Old 06-29-2010, 08:02 PM
Master Fan

I also love Tessa's correction of Scott as to how well their first few days of practice in Vancouver went, heh.

And, yeah, always gotta love that body language...

Thanks for posting those, Marcy!
Old 06-29-2010, 08:13 PM
Part-Time Fan

Ohh! I'm excited for those vids! Thanks for the post Marcy I'll watch them tomorrow. Going to sleep now, have an early morn tom.
Night!! Hope to be greeted w/ mass amounts of picspams *cough hacky* *coughkris*
Old 06-29-2010, 08:38 PM
Dedicated Fan

I just can't imagine in which way did they screw up the last 5 secs of OG Sym#5. It was a perfect ending... I rewatched the worlds performance too. Don't really see any difference... His left hand was more daring at MOI but other than that....
Old 06-29-2010, 08:40 PM
Master Fan

I think the issue was that Scott was facing the wrong way -- you see him turn quickly before kneeling. That's the only thing I've caught, at least...
Old 06-29-2010, 08:59 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I think the issue was that Scott was facing the wrong way -- you see him turn quickly before kneeling. That's the only thing I've caught, at least...
Isn't it that he didn't get his free leg up off the ice in that final spin? Or am I incorrect about that?
Old 06-29-2010, 09:00 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy (View Post)
Hi everyone
I found some really great videos! Well, okay, one in particular, is really awesome.

I found them on the Skate Buzz website. Here is the link to the main video console- Skatebuzz Presents Skate TV

You have to register to see the videos, but it's quick and easy and these videos are worth watching (especially the Q&A).

Skate Buzz has two events that Tessa&Scott were at- they are listed on the left side under "Live Events"

One is the "Skate Canada Achievement Awards Gala and Banquet"
This is that volunteer awards banquet that T&S presented awards at not long ago. Patrick Chan, Jessica & Bryce also went and presented awards.
It's mostly just S&T posing with the winners but it's still cute to watch. Though Scott and Jessica act, um...awkward? Like I always say, that relationship is weeeird. Anyways...

The main video you guys must watch, though, is under "Skate Canada ACGM Welcome Event" - after you click on that event, click on the link that says "Olympic Dance Champions- Tessa and Scott"

It's a whole Q&A with Scott & Tessa led by Debbie Wilks and some french guy.
Tessa&Scott tell some really great stories!
Tessa is surprisingly more open/extroverted than usual and Scott is the quieter one, though "quiet" for Scott is not really "quiet" hehe.

Watch and enjoy!
Thank you so much for posting. Those were really great! I truly enjoyed the Welcome Event video quite a lot!

~In all of this chaos, we've found peace~
Old 06-29-2010, 09:03 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris
Isn't it that he didn't get his free leg up off the ice in that final spin? Or am I incorrect about that?
That's probably it, and you're more likely than I am to be right about it -- I was going on a vague memory of something that I thought somebody said but that I may have misunderstood, heh.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:11 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris9918 (View Post)
He was facing the wrong direction when he stood up out of the spin. Initially I thought he was a turn short, but what happened is he rotated a half turn too much and had to turn again so he'd be facing the right direction to catch Tessa.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:15 PM
Loyal Fan

Kris and Thief i think you are both right. His leg didnt come up but also, their ending pose is meant to be facing towards the judges and at the Olympics Tessa came out on the wrong side causing them to have to make the change
Old 06-29-2010, 09:40 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merylanna (View Post)
He was facing the wrong direction when he stood up out of the spin. Initially I thought he was a turn short, but what happened is he rotated a half turn too much and had to turn again so he'd be facing the right direction to catch Tessa.
Ah, that makes sense. It also explains why Tessa hesitated for about a split second before extending her leg out and falling down into his arms.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread