Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2010, 12:38 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merylanna (View Post)
...they EXPECT and INTEND it to get out, even if it's expedient to pretend.
I shrink from playing the game with them of "I'm going to pretend they don't know we're creeping and that we came across these photos without them realizing that we could find them, and ohh wee, look here, maybe we better keep it down low." I know what they're doing.... it's all intentional.
Interesting post, Marylanna! I have to keep reminding myself that these two do not exist in a vacuum, and in fact, they have very savvy people surrounding them, including their coaches. Even if there were no PR folks involved, Tessa's family would be no slouches when it comes to the legal aspects and advertising value of the stuff that surfaces on the internet. I'm sure some Moir family members, friends and associates are also very much aware of what's happening on these sites and elsewhere. For some people, it's probably always going to feel wrong and creepy to download or even look at photos/videos of these folks when they're off-ice, and that's fine, but there are others, like yourself, who can recognize the games they're playing, and more and more of us are becoming aware of them. It doesn't diminish my respect and admiration for T/S as athletes and people (I ship them just as hard as anyone else here!), but I do think we need to realize that they are a PR dream, and to some extent, they are being groomed to be a saleable "product" (look at Roots already on the bandwagon!) and leaking photos etc., is all part of that. Just my 2 cents worth!
Old 05-25-2010, 12:58 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingbat (View Post)
Welcome Guin Are you saying you're going to the Ilderton parade? Awesome!
yup, i'm going to the parade, and all the events that day. very much looking forward to it.
Old 05-25-2010, 01:11 PM
Part-Time Fan

Not sure if this was posted, but Scott and Tessa featured in Patinage magazine.

new Patinage)) on Twitpic

Yay Guin! Lucky you. Have a blast.

Last edited by freckles101; 05-25-2010 at 01:28 PM
Old 05-25-2010, 01:18 PM
Addicted Fan

sorry Susan the link doesn't show up!
Old 05-25-2010, 01:23 PM
Dedicated Fan

Tina, I will love you forever if you post that video!
Old 05-25-2010, 01:30 PM
Part-Time Fan

edited to fix the link.

New full length Roots video.
YouTube - Scott Moir & Tessa Virtue in their first Roots Photoshoot - Full Length

Tessa eyeing naked Scott! lol
Scott drinking his chocolate milk
Old 05-25-2010, 01:36 PM
Addicted Fan

Cute vid! Missed the Scott drinking his chocolate milk though- when was that?
Old 05-25-2010, 02:02 PM
Loyal Fan

Ahhh the roots video!!! Aww, Scott with the kids. And I think that was the first time I've heard either of them say "eh?" which just makes me giggle. So cute!

ETA: I just realized that someone at LJ made basically the same comment. Oh well, it's still cute and funny, especially to a non-Canadian

Bernie, the finale was so intense!! I won't give anything away, except to say that there were no penguins. And Captain Awesome and the general did not high-five, though I'm pulling for it one of these days.

Last edited by hackysack; 05-25-2010 at 02:12 PM
Old 05-25-2010, 02:07 PM
Part-Time Fan

OH HO, I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE, TESSA.

My girlcrush knows no bounds, Tessa is so gorgeous there!

Hackysack. ROFL.

Guin, I am burning with intense jealousy right now. Have fun though!
Old 05-25-2010, 02:25 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by freckles101 (View Post)
Tessa eyeing naked Scott! lol
Tee hee... I could watch that forever..
and Scott with the kids!!!!! So adorable!!!!!
Old 05-25-2010, 02:31 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by berniev (View Post)
And a cameo by the characters of CHUCK?!!??! Dude, that's AWESOME! (no spoilers... I haven't watched the season finale yet!)
DUDE. IT WAS AWESOME.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merylanna (View Post)
I think they are sort of disrespectful to fans by exploiting our gullibility for their own b.s. games, because some of the ploys are a little insulting in their transparency. From my experience and perspective. These people have no expectations of fans. Their facebooks are set up with the lowest common denominator fan in mind. There's no way to rely on only "considerate" fans. It's common sense. It's great to be respectful but the irony is these Facebook "drops" are geared to fans who grab it and put it out there. They don't want that type of respect. They want the message out.

When stuff surfaces - like the Jessica video, or "discussion worthy" photos, it's pointless for me, anyway, to go through the motions of "discretion" or "respect" when I know why that stuff was done in the first place. I know what I'm talking about, I have experience with this type of image "message" b.s. and I know it when I see it. Whenever certain, let's say "enlightening" material is on facebook for an average creeping fan (nobody has done anything like hack or fraud) -- there's a reason, even if it's expedient to pretend.

I shrink from playing the game of "I'm going to pretend they don't know we're creeping -- we came across these photos without them realizing that we could find them, and ohh wee, look here, maybe we better keep it down low." I know what they're doing. Their strategems are pretty amateur but they're counting on the inexperience, naivete and credulity of fans not to know what this is all about - which is it's all intentional.

The why of it all, what's the reality, the agenda- that's speculation, and actual information is needed to reach an accurate conclusion. But they ARE spinning us. The Scott and Jessica clip is nonsense -- dragging that girl's butt over the barrier when the maintenance staff is five seconds from shutting down the venue practically, in some feeble attempt to make it look like she's pulled from the crowd, when practically every skater and their cousin has gotten in line down there first the normal way, and she could have had dinner and changed her clothes in the time she's spent waiting to get helped over, and we're not supposed to notice these things.

Got no problem with her or the people in question, and actually, I'm a bit confused about the cautions against bashing her and others when nobody has. This is a shipper board. Naturally there will be if people see things that disappoint their shipper side. However, I haven't seen anybody saying anything that would make a warning on not bashing necessary. But,if I know what I'm looking at, no harm in saying so. JMO.
You seem to think that everything they've done has been purely for self-promotion and it's all "BS games". As someone who has followed them for years, long before they had a fan base that would even care, they've been the same Tessa & Scott. They've always had great chemistry on the ice and a visibly deep friendship off ice. They've always been a little more affectionate than some of the other teams. Yes, it looked like they were brought closer together by everything they went through during Tessa's injury and then things were turned up a notch in the heightened emotions of the Olympics. IMO, that's not for show, it's just the natural evolution of a relationship. I'm sure there are certain quotes and on-ice things that they do to help portray the image they want and there are probably little off-ice things in that vein too, especially with Roots.

I just don't see what they would've had to gain even 2-3 years ago with essentially the same behavior. But you're saying that now that they're Olympic Champions with a slew of new fans (and shippers) it's all part of some game? You're looking at a team that went without an official website (the perfect place to get a message out) for over a year in the leadup to the Olympics. They've never personally posted tons of pictures on Facebook and Tessa doesn't even have one that is searchable (if at all). They don't have Twitters. They seem to me like pretty private people, especially Tessa. Yes, Scott adds random people to his Facebook which gives them access to pictures, but the pictures that are being posted aren't by either one of them. As for Mrs. Moir, if she's anything like my mother she doesn't realize that her pictures are available for viewing by people who aren't her friends but have a mutual friend. The video from after the medal ceremony is done by a fan from a distance. If you really think that after winning an OGM they're going to be plotting how to best "play their game", that's going a little too the extreme.

I realize I'm rambling, but in summary, their official website with "engagement pictures", the Roots photos/videos/etc. = promoting their image. Facebook pictures from friends/acquaintances/random people/family members over the age of 40 = most likely not part of any game. They have agents and PR people now, but they didn't until very recently. The only thing that changed since then is their website and what we've been seeing with Roots. They had similar on and off ice interactions and quotes before that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeahMaria (View Post)
Interesting post, Marylanna! I have to keep reminding myself that these two do not exist in a vacuum, and in fact, they have very savvy people surrounding them, including their coaches. Even if there were no PR folks involved, Tessa's family would be no slouches when it comes to the legal aspects and advertising value of the stuff that surfaces on the internet. I'm sure some Moir family members, friends and associates are also very much aware of what's happening on these sites and elsewhere. For some people, it's probably always going to feel wrong and creepy to download or even look at photos/videos of these folks when they're off-ice, and that's fine, but there are others, like yourself, who can recognize the games they're playing, and more and more of us are becoming aware of them. It doesn't diminish my respect and admiration for T/S as athletes and people (I ship them just as hard as anyone else here!), but I do think we need to realize that they are a PR dream, and to some extent, they are being groomed to be a saleable "product" (look at Roots already on the bandwagon!) and leaking photos etc., is all part of that. Just my 2 cents worth!
They're a total PR dream and I knew that if they could deliver in Vancouver they'd end up being a big deal. It's pretty clear that Roots is packaging them to be as marketable as possible and their own new PR team is working to sell them as well. The difference is that I don't think the Hjordis Lee or whoever posted those pictures is involved in that. It seemed like a young 20-something out with friends and posting pictures on Facebook. Those photos don't seem to be leaked, more like something that was just "out there".

On a totally unrelated note, their website has finally been updated since the Olympics. Looking through the thanks section it's very similar, but "McAlpine Sports Management" is no longer listed. I wonder who they're with now or if that's a typo?

Here's their latest schedule:
Quote:
June 5-6
Hyundai Card Super Match X: Medalist on Ice
Seoul, Korea

June 12
Celebration for Tessa & Scott
Ilderton, ON

June 21
Olympic Celebration
London, ON

July 9-18
Ice Shows, Calgary Stampede
Calgary, AB

September 22
Shall We Dance taping (Airs on NBC Nov 7)
Hamilton, ON
Those last two are new. Wonder what Shall We Dance is?
Old 05-25-2010, 02:38 PM
New Fan

around 00:36ish - like what you're seeing Ms. Virtue? oh uh, Tessa you're so busted, camera caught you eh...lol

eta: thanks freckles101 for the vid link
tftnt miss fate
hello and take care ya'll

Last edited by when ts align; 05-25-2010 at 02:58 PM
Old 05-25-2010, 02:44 PM
Part-Time Fan

After a little digging, it looks like Shall We Dance is a Disson show that will be at Copp's Coliseum in Hamilton. No idea who the rest of the cast is.

Shall We Dance On Ice tickets, dates. Official Ticketmaster site.

Last edited by Tiger33; 05-25-2010 at 02:52 PM
Old 05-25-2010, 03:07 PM
Obsessed Fan

Hamilton? Ugh, stupid exams.

Tessa is so gorgeous, ITA Jasmine my girlcrush for her is epic! Just look at my avvie - how gorgeous is she?!

As to the PR/FB comments. Firstly, I'm sort of confused because we were only commenting on that video. I said something about photos on FB and that I was about it, but I never shared the links or described them to any detail. I don't intend to/want to share them, I was just flipping through pics and came across one and I commented here because I wanted to be cheered up with some cute T/S things. I apologize if that brought any confusion or anything. I think commenting on the video and saying that we're about it is totally fine. And, I don't think other family members like Scott's aunts, etc. know they're pictures are viewable - I know my mum doesn't and I had to tweak the privacy settings. Though, I will say that Charlie's mum posted a few pics of them at the GPF (OT4 ) and it *seemed* like it was for the fans too ... dunno.

Anyways, Tessa, Tessa, Tessa, the camera so caught you checking out Scott's shirtlessness *snort* It's okay hun, I don't blame you.

On other things, Scott should only do spinny hugs/lifts whatever he was doing with Tessa and little children. Of course I might explode at the cuteness but d'aww. Scott + kids = epic adorableness.

That dream was absolutely amazing! *snort*

Tallying up the Survivor votes now girlies! I love how fast we're getting through these threads! If this is off-season, can you imagine how excited we'll get in October or if the release anything about their programs?
Mary ♔ Francis
Old 05-25-2010, 03:10 PM
Loyal Fan

WWWWWWAAAAAAHHHH New Video!!! Today is going to be a great day, it is raining, i have to work but there is a NEW VIDEO!!!!!

oh tessa...I shall say no more!

Welcome Guin!

OT: Chuck! what season finale! I am so far behind!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread