Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2010, 04:14 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautytina (View Post)
I downloaded the full NBC version of the oly free dance, and it has the Scott-tricking-Tessa-that-they-got-second moment in it.

I will try to cut this part out tomorrow and upload it to Rayfile.
Thank you very much!!

I live in Italy, so altought the free dance was broadcasted live on our national tv network, it didn'it include the cute moments like the OT4 hug, or when Scott tried to fool Tessa saying that they were in second place!!

thank you very much again!!
Old 05-25-2010, 04:16 AM
Dedicated Fan

@moncoeur: but in the Mahler's ending pose, Scott only has one knee on the ice, right? (Sorry, I've never seen it live)

About the "we're in second": yes, it's in NBC's freedance video. The funny thing is the RDS reporter was still there with her micro trying to interview them!
Old 05-25-2010, 06:21 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Fate (View Post)
And the ending pose in Mahler... Still makes me furious when I think about the supposed "new rules" they'll be enforcing, if they go through that is, about kneeling automatically being considered a fall. Hopefully they clear that up and it won't be that ridiculously strict!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bogolisk (View Post)
I thought it's only for "both knees on the ice"! But I might be wrong!
Agreed. I thought it was explained that since Scott only has 1 knee on the ice it's okay.
Old 05-25-2010, 06:24 AM
Elite Fan

Ugh, I can't keep up with the threads, here I got to bed and there's a thread, I wake up to a new one Awesome!
Old 05-25-2010, 09:05 AM
Master Fan

It seems like we have gone through T&S threads faster in the off season right now than when they were competing.
Old 05-25-2010, 09:22 AM
Elite Fan

Very true, AD Ironic, in'it?
Old 05-25-2010, 09:33 AM
Loyal Fan

Guys. Are you ready for this? I had a dream about Tessa and Scott!! A good one, I might add.
I will tell it in story form.

They were in a big skating arena about to unveil their new FD, and I was in the front row right next to the little area where they were standing next to Marina and Igor. There was something causing a bit of a ruckus near them; I couldn't see what it was, but Marina was clearly frazzled. Finally, she looked up straight at me and told me to come down there, she had a job for me (ha. I'm currently job searching...). When I got there, I found out what was causing such a commotion: penguins. As in, live penguins. From Antarctica. They were being really rowdy and obnoxious, and Igor struggled to keep them from escaping as he gave Tessa & Scott a pep talk. T&S were trying to be serious, but kept having to smother giggles because the penguins were so dang cute.

So, Marina told me that I just had to make sure the penguins didn't run away before the free dance. I didn't think it was weird, but I do recall thinking that my schooling had not prepared me for this. But, I held on to them (T & S kept looking over and chuckling) until the FD started, which was skated to...wait for it...

Jolly Holiday from Mary Poppins, complete with these costumes:

and the penguins, which started to dance as soon as the music started. Of course.
I don't really remember the program, but when it was over, the judges had a little huddle, and then the head judge stood to deliver the results. At the end, she said, "We have deducted 3 points for the illegal use of live animals. However, we have awarded the two of you 8 bonus points for being awesome. That is all."

(At this point, I realized that several of the judges were characters from Chuck. At the mention of the word "awesome," Devon high-fived General Beckman and said, "Indeed."
Tessa & Scott + Mary Poppins + Chuck = best.dream.ever.)

Anyway, I usually don't remember dreams, and just had to tell y'all that before I forgot it!!
Old 05-25-2010, 09:37 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger33 (View Post)
Agreed. I thought it was explained that since Scott only has 1 knee on the ice it's okay.
I asked the cognoscenti at FSUniverse this exact question recently and you're right. Here's the rule (as proposed--not final yet):

Quote:
Restrictions:
j) The program must be developed through skating quality rather than through non-skating actions such as sliding on one knee, or use of toe steps which should be used only to reflect the character of the dance and underlining rhythm and nuances of the chosen music.

Touching the ice with hand(s) is/are not permitted.
Kneeling or sliding on 2 knees and /or sitting on the ice is not permitted and will be considered as a fall and the appropriate deduction will be applied by the Technical Panel.
So I asked about the Mahler final pose:

Quote:
So kneeling or sliding one ONE knee would still be OK? What about VM's final pose in the Mahler--would that be permitted?
And this is the answer I got from Tammi:

Quote:
Yes, their final pose is fine because he's on one knee. The rule discourages skaters from loading up their choreography with sliding, or toe picks.
We'll see what the final rules say in a couple of weeks.

--Laura
Old 05-25-2010, 09:39 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackysack (View Post)
FD started, which was skated to...wait for it...

Old 05-25-2010, 09:59 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
and the penguins, which started to dance as soon as the music started. Of course.

At the end, she said, "We have deducted 3 points for the illegal use of live animals.
These two parts made me laugh out loud

And a cameo by the characters of CHUCK?!!??! Dude, that's AWESOME! (no spoilers... I haven't watched the season finale yet!)

avi by me
Old 05-25-2010, 10:16 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I do draw the line at bringing stuff over from facebook, myself. Yeah, it's set to public, and both Scott and Jessica seem to be accepting friend requests with complete abandon, and they expect those that friend them will be looking at whatever they might post. I do not think they expect those people would post their pictures elsewhere. Maybe I'm being totally naive here, but posting their private photos- they're private enough that only friends can see them- to public forums and communities is blatantly disrespectful, to my eyes.
I think they are sort of disrespectful to fans by exploiting our gullibility for their own b.s. games, because some of the ploys are a little insulting in their transparency. From my experience and perspective. These people have no expectations of fans. Their facebooks are set up with the lowest common denominator fan in mind. There's no way to rely on only "considerate" fans. It's common sense. It's great to be respectful but the irony is these Facebook "drops" are geared to fans who grab it and put it out there. They don't want that type of respect. They want the message out.

When stuff surfaces - like the Jessica video, or "discussion worthy" photos, it's pointless for me, anyway, to go through the motions of "discretion" or "respect" when I know why that stuff was done in the first place. I know what I'm talking about, I have experience with this type of image "message" b.s. and I know it when I see it. Whenever certain, let's say "enlightening" material is on facebook for an average creeping fan (nobody has done anything like hack or fraud) -- there's a reason, even if it's expedient to pretend.

I shrink from playing the game of "I'm going to pretend they don't know we're creeping -- we came across these photos without them realizing that we could find them, and ohh wee, look here, maybe we better keep it down low." I know what they're doing. Their strategems are pretty amateur but they're counting on the inexperience, naivete and credulity of fans not to know what this is all about - which is it's all intentional.

The why of it all, what's the reality, the agenda- that's speculation, and actual information is needed to reach an accurate conclusion. But they ARE spinning us. The Scott and Jessica clip is nonsense -- dragging that girl's butt over the barrier when the maintenance staff is five seconds from shutting down the venue practically, in some feeble attempt to make it look like she's pulled from the crowd, when practically every skater and their cousin has gotten in line down there first the normal way, and she could have had dinner and changed her clothes in the time she's spent waiting to get helped over, and we're not supposed to notice these things.

Got no problem with her or the people in question, and actually, I'm a bit confused about the cautions against bashing her and others when nobody has. This is a shipper board. Naturally there will be if people see things that disappoint their shipper side. However, I haven't seen anybody saying anything that would make a warning on not bashing necessary. But,if I know what I'm looking at, no harm in saying so. JMO.

Last edited by Merylanna; 05-25-2010 at 12:16 PM
Old 05-25-2010, 10:45 AM
Dedicated Fan

Amelia, it's on Emule. The whole video is 55 min long, it has the last group in it.

ETA: Emule also has the last group of OD and CD available for download

~Tina~

Last edited by beautytina; 05-25-2010 at 10:51 AM
Old 05-25-2010, 12:11 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Guys. Are you ready for this? I had a dream about Tessa and Scott!! A good one, I might add.
I will tell it in story form.

They were in a big skating arena about to unveil their new FD, and I was in the front row right next to the little area where they were standing next to Marina and Igor. There was something causing a bit of a ruckus near them; I couldn't see what it was, but Marina was clearly frazzled. Finally, she looked up straight at me and told me to come down there, she had a job for me (ha. I'm currently job searching...). When I got there, I found out what was causing such a commotion: penguins. As in, live penguins. From Antarctica. They were being really rowdy and obnoxious, and Igor struggled to keep them from escaping as he gave Tessa & Scott a pep talk. T&S were trying to be serious, but kept having to smother giggles because the penguins were so dang cute.

So, Marina told me that I just had to make sure the penguins didn't run away before the free dance. I didn't think it was weird, but I do recall thinking that my schooling had not prepared me for this. But, I held on to them (T & S kept looking over and chuckling) until the FD started, which was skated to...wait for it...

I don't really remember the program, but when it was over, the judges had a little huddle, and then the head judge stood to deliver the results. At the end, she said, "We have deducted 3 points for the illegal use of live animals. However, we have awarded the two of you 8 bonus points for being awesome. That is all."

(At this point, I realized that several of the judges were characters from Chuck. At the mention of the word "awesome," Devon high-fived General Beckman and said, "Indeed."
Tessa & Scott + Mary Poppins + Chuck = best.dream.ever.)

Anyway, I usually don't remember dreams, and just had to tell y'all that before I forgot it!!

Three points off for live animals! lmao!
..damn, you kill me when you hold me like I'm your world.
Old 05-25-2010, 12:28 PM
Part-Time Fan

hello, all. new to FF. i'm guin, i'm a u.s. fan in love with all things virtue/moir, and i'm finally de-lurking after a few days of checking out all the fun you guys have.

here's a link to my wife's SOI montreal photos: cuteness. i think a few were posted on here back when we first went to the show.

hoping to get lots more pics (with a better quality camera) in ilderton during the june 12th festivities. will definitely share all the goodies when that happens.
Old 05-25-2010, 12:34 PM
Elite Fan

Welcome Guin Are you saying you're going to the Ilderton parade? Awesome!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread