Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2011, 12:27 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thief Of Love (View Post)
You know, I even just revisited the play-by-play discussion of the FD over on FSU, and still the conversation was dominated by questions of what happened to Tessa and just a couple of mentions of Kaitlyn and Andrew messing up their spins and Andrew's skate getting caught on her skirt. It's certainly plausible that they finished after the music, given the number of stops throughout the performance, but if so it's even more absurd that they received their SB scores there.
Yeah I can't recall correctly either, I was distracted during their live performance. But I think if they'd finished behind the music (more than few beats, anyway), the crowd would have waited to applaud. But they started cheering as soon as the music stopped.

Last edited by kris9918; 03-31-2011 at 12:56 PM
Old 03-31-2011, 12:33 PM
Loyal Fan

Maybe i am wrong, but when i watch video from 4CC on youtube i have feeling, that it was some problems with sound there. But during online translation i didnt notice this. The problems during downloading files on youtube?
Old 03-31-2011, 01:28 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsfan1 (View Post)
Maybe i am wrong, but when i watch video from 4CC on youtube i have feeling, that it was some problems with sound there. But during online translation i didnt notice this. The problems during downloading files on youtube?
Yes, I've noticed that too. When I watched Tessa and Scott's SD earlier today, the music and the steps didn't match. It looked extremely odd.
Old 03-31-2011, 01:31 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avocagirl (View Post)
Yes, I've noticed that too. When I watched Tessa and Scott's SD earlier today, the music and the steps didn't match. It looked extremely odd.
Did you watch CBC video or from live stream?
If i could imaging T-S was off-music in part of FD, but i am sure they were with music, when i watch SD live stream.

Last edited by fsfan1; 03-31-2011 at 01:37 PM
Old 03-31-2011, 02:45 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsfan1 (View Post)
Did you watch CBC video or from live stream?
If i could imaging T-S was off-music in part of FD, but i am sure they were with music, when i watch SD live stream.
It was one of the streams. Must have been something wrong with that video (or several, if you had the same problem).

ETA: Apparently, Tessa and Scott aren't going to the Ilderton Carnival this weekend. They're not listed on the Skate Canada site anymore. They've really got into their "training bubble", haven't they?

Last edited by Avocagirl; 03-31-2011 at 02:59 PM
Old 03-31-2011, 03:07 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
ETA: Apparently, Tessa and Scott aren't going to the Ilderton Carnival this weekend. They're not listed on the Skate Canada site anymore. They've really got into their "training bubble", haven't they?

I thought for sure they would go in order to get some mileage on their programs.

And the suspense re. this FD just keeps rising.....

ETA:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThiefOfLove
I kind of suspected they'd not be going, so I'm not surprised to see it removed from the page. If the others immediately around them are canceling even one-off appearances, I can see it even being just a larger Team Canton thing.
If it had been anywhere but Ilderton, I would have expected a cancellation, too.
Seeing as it's home, and not far from Canton, I really thought they would go.

Yeah - talk about a "bubble." I'm surprised Scott has had time the last few days to pay any attention to his fan-facebook page. Heh.

Last edited by truly; 03-31-2011 at 03:43 PM
Old 03-31-2011, 03:18 PM
Master Fan

I kind of suspected they'd not be going, so I'm not surprised to see it removed from the page. If the others immediately around them are canceling even one-off appearances, I can see it even being just a larger Team Canton thing.
Old 03-31-2011, 03:23 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by truly (View Post)
I thought for sure they would go in order to get some mileage on their programs.

And the suspense re. this FD just keeps rising.....

Maybe they wanted to save their first (complete) outing of the FD for the competition. But yeah, the suspense is a killer.
Old 03-31-2011, 09:10 PM
New Fan

Hi Everyone, new here. Well , not that new as I've been spending the past few months reading through 74 threads, wow that took looooong but I did it finally!!!

I've been a long time skating fan, back when Brian Orser/Elizabeth Manley were skating. Huge Kurt Browning fan and love Bourne and Kratz. I go to SOI every year but stopped watching competitions for a while until recently after seeing S&T skate at the Olympics. They were amazing at the OG and I've been hooked since then trying to read through FF and watching all of their programs etc....anyways excited to finally be able to post and actually read the current thread!!

I'm excited yet nervous for worlds. It'll be tough for T&S to get gold as they haven't competed the entire season but I wouldn't count them out. It really depends who skates best that particular day.... can't wait to finally see the full FD, I really love how the enter the twizzle.

Kinda OT but does anyone else htink Tessa looks a lot like Kate Middleton and at times she also looks like Jenna Malone

Okay I'll stop before I end up writing a book.
Old 03-31-2011, 09:31 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogafreak (View Post)
Hi Everyone, new here. Well , not that new as I've been spending the past few months reading through 74 threads, wow that took looooong but I did it finally!!!

I've been a long time skating fan, back when Brian Orser/Elizabeth Manley were skating. Huge Kurt Browning fan and love Bourne and Kratz. I go to SOI every year but stopped watching competitions for a while until recently after seeing S&T skate at the Olympics. They were amazing at the OG and I've been hooked since then trying to read through FF and watching all of their programs etc....anyways excited to finally be able to post and actually read the current thread!!

I'm excited yet nervous for worlds. It'll be tough for T&S to get gold as they haven't competed the entire season but I wouldn't count them out. It really depends who skates best that particular day.... can't wait to finally see the full FD, I really love how the enter the twizzle.

Kinda OT but does anyone else htink Tessa looks a lot like Kate Middleton and at times she also looks like Jenna Malone

Okay I'll stop before I end up writing a book.

Welcome, Im Kaire. I remember it took me awhile to read through it all and finally feel ready to post.. took me months! haha

So like most of us im sure.. I have been scowering old videos to get my T&S fix and i cant help but love love the Shall We Dance videos. I know they are always very close and "together" when they skate but these videos seem to have so many special intimate moments. Just seems so special. Does anyone agree? Whats your take on them?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLnYp...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmQKySpRNmU
At this moment there are 6,470,818,671 people in the world. Some are running scared. Some are coming home. Some tell lies to make it through the day. Others are just not facing the truth. Some are evil men, at war with good. And some are good, struggling with evil. Six billion people in the world, six billion souls. And sometimes... all you need is one.
♥ One Tree Hill 2003-2012 ♥

Last edited by kairetwinslovest&S; 03-31-2011 at 09:44 PM
Old 03-31-2011, 10:14 PM
Dedicated Fan

The Shall we Dance videos do seem especially intimate. I feel Tessa portrays a certain amount of vulnerability, especially during "Instrument of Peace".. they just seem so together, even moreso than usual.

ETA- Welcome, yogafreak! So you kind of know us already That's dedication, reading through all of those! Do you have a name you'd like to be called? I'm Liz, but you know that already I guess haha.

(formerly gg_all_da_way) - Liz

Icon by Aly.

Last edited by WriterLiz88; 03-31-2011 at 10:37 PM
Old 03-31-2011, 10:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

Welcome to the thread yogafreak, I'm Gladys!

I applaud you for reading all the past threads, I don't know if I could've done that no matter how much I love them.

The ending of Instrument of Peace always gives me goosebumps.

» Steve Rogers ♥ Natasha Romanoff
Old 03-31-2011, 10:46 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Maybe they wanted to save their first (complete) outing of the FD for the competition. But yeah, the suspense is a killer.
Maybe. Or maybe this FD is so hard and they could skate it only one time
Really dont know, what to think, because i am not sure its good idea to show FD first time on public at WCh. They will not know what could happened with them during competitions. But Marina talk, when she was in Moscow, she saved Tessas legs during last 3 years. So maybe they need to save her for WCh, especially after surgery they need to be carefull if she feel good - not push her too much.
And honestly i dont think show could bring something bad to any skater in this situation. They have a lot off time to be ready.
Honestly, i cant remember any skaters didnt show FD before WCh. Hope this will not kill them, liek it was with Isabel and Olivie at OG.
Old 04-01-2011, 06:57 AM
Loyal Fan

Welcome, yogafreak!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pani
Maybe. Or maybe this FD is so hard and they could skate it only one time
Really dont know, what to think, because i am not sure its good idea to show FD first time on public at WCh.
LOL. I agree though, I see absolutely no reason why anyone would want to debut a program at Worlds.
But keeping in mind that this appearance was likely originally supposed to be a fun, post-Worlds thing, they may never have planned to skate the FD there anyway (I believe the show is Shrek-themed, haha). They've never used it as an exhibition piece before.
Old 04-01-2011, 07:44 AM
New Fan

What a wonderful place! Great pictures and a lot informations about Tessa & Scott.

I need help with some pics. I´m looking for these picstures below in a larger size.

I think these pics are so beautiful and cute!

Could someone help me, please?

Thanks!! =)
Closed Thread   Post New Thread