Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2011, 02:36 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by truly (View Post)
Yes. Sorry, I should have clarified.

I wish I could find a link, but for sure Nathalie did not come across as a gracious competitor.
IIRC, she also said Faiella had no sex appeal.
That definitely sounds petty and unwarranted, for sure.

Quote:
I can't help hoping that V/M do far better than Zhulin's teams seem to expect.
They always do. I remember reading a comment somewhere else that summed up my feelings on the matter: Alexander Zhulin needs to realize it's not 1994 anymore.
Old 03-30-2011, 03:19 PM
Obsessed Fan

Wow, I just lost all my respect for Nathalie. Dear lord, those are so rude and unwarranted!

Do you think we're going to see the same costume for the FD on Tessa, Scott?
Mary ♔ Francis

Last edited by PaperGirl; 03-30-2011 at 03:28 PM
Old 03-30-2011, 04:29 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperGirl (View Post)
Wow, I just lost all my respect for Nathalie. Dear lord, those are so rude and unwarranted!

^I wonder too. I wonder if it'll be the same colour scheme or not, if it turns out to be a different dress. I simply adored her SD one. So pretty.

Wow Nathalie; rude much?
- Angela Montenegro & Dr. Jack Hodgins
Old 03-30-2011, 04:41 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperGirl (View Post)

Yeah, same here. I can't believe anyone would say those things, actually. They're completely rude. It's one thing to be confident and think you have a shot at winning; it's another to rip apart everyone in the competition.

Hmm, I'm not sure. Tessa did wear the same dress for the dress rehearsal in Canton, but as we saw at the Olympics, that doesn't mean much. Personally I kind of like it, but I know most of you guys don't and are probably hoping for a costume change, LOL.
I'm guessing Scott will keep the same costume. And they had BETTER NOT chance the SD costumes...

IrishღDance
Old 03-30-2011, 05:01 PM
Part-Time Fan

*Completely random post, having no relation whatsoever to anything!

heehee!

Also funsies:

- Angela Montenegro & Dr. Jack Hodgins
Old 03-30-2011, 05:12 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by julietta95 (View Post)
Yeah, same here. I can't believe anyone would say those things, actually. They're completely rude. It's one thing to be confident and think you have a shot at winning; it's another to rip apart everyone in the competition.
Is there a link to this interview?
Old 03-30-2011, 06:17 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by julietta95 (View Post)
I'm guessing Scott will keep the same costume. And they had BETTER NOT chance the SD costumes...
Oh, I will have someone's head if either Tessa OR Scott changes up for the SD. Those costumes are love.

Ha, awesome parallel photos, D_L. The Farrucas ones are particularly trippy...
Old 03-30-2011, 07:01 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thief Of Love (View Post)
Oh, I will have someone's head if either Tessa OR Scott changes up for the SD. Those costumes are love.

I completely agree about the SD costumes. (Except, perhaps Scott's vest could be a little longer?)

I also really like Tessa's FD dress. It's a nice departure from her more classical, long skirts from last season.

The "dresses" (more like strategic bits of fabric) I've seen on the professional Latin ballroom dancers can be sooo OTT (not to mention plain ugly, IMO).

I thought Tessa's costume was a charming fit with the Latin theme, and a perfect blend of the hint of risque, while still managing to look like a real dress.
And I love the fun combination of colors.

Last edited by truly; 03-30-2011 at 07:33 PM
Old 03-30-2011, 07:06 PM
Part-Time Fan

Wow, I'm a fan of Fabian and Nathalie's skating, but those remarks were totally classless. While it's bad to make digs at your opponents skating, IMO it's a whole new level of bad when she starts critisizing them on a personal level. I've lost a lot of respect for her.

I don't really have anything to add to the predictions list, I'll be very happy if the Shibutanis can crack the top six teams. I think Tessa and Scott will certaintly have the ability to come in first by the time Worlds comes around, it will just be a question of who skates better on the day, and I can't help but worry that the fact that Wch will serve as their FD debut might effect the scoring in some way since the judges aren't sure what to expect. I hope that isn't the case.
Old 03-30-2011, 08:52 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by truly (View Post)
I also really like Tessa's FD dress. It's a nice departure from her more classical, long skirts from last season.

The "dresses" (more like strategic bits of fabric) I've seen on the professional Latin ballroom dancers can be sooo OTT (not to mention plain ugly, IMO).

I thought Tessa's costume was a charming fit with the Latin theme, and a perfect blend of the hint of risque, while still managing to look like a real dress.
And I love the fun combination of colors.
This. I have nothing else to add.
Old 03-30-2011, 11:15 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris9918 (View Post)
Is there a link to this interview?
I think Avocagirl and truly are referring to an article in l'equipe from January 26th. They asked Nathalie to give her statements about the teams seen as their main rivals at Euros, which are/where the Kerrs, Massimo and Federica and Boborova/Soloviev.

I can't find a link either, the title of the article is "Est-ce leur tour?". Maybe you can find more now I only have the printed article, in case it's not online, I'll try to scan it this evening, when I get home from work.
Old 03-30-2011, 11:52 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenoftypos (View Post)
I think Avocagirl and truly are referring to an article in l'equipe from January 26th. They asked Nathalie to give her statements about the teams seen as their main rivals at Euros, which are/where the Kerrs, Massimo and Federica and Boborova/Soloviev.

I can't find a link either, the title of the article is "Est-ce leur tour?". Maybe you can find more now I only have the printed article, in case it's not online, I'll try to scan it this evening, when I get home from work.
Thanks for that Barb, but don't worry about scanning it for my sake. I was able to track down the translations elsewhere.

Also, this is off-topic, but WOO HOO! Guess what day it is here in the United States/Canada???

Old 03-31-2011, 02:38 AM
Part-Time Fan

here is my list.....wow, this is really hard!! it's only been a bit over a year since I started seriously following FS and it still overwhelms me how much there is to learn.....some of the more studious aspects are still eluding me so I admit that wishful thinking helped me finalize a couple of my decisions....especially 6-8 LOL, is probably a bit off, I just went with how those teams make me feel, plus I believe it results in my having a unique list

1. Tessa & Scott
2. Meryl & Charlie
3. Pechalat/Bourzat
4. Bobrova/Soloviev
5. Shibutanis
6. Weaver/Poje
7. I/K
8. Crone/Poirier
9. Chock/Zuerlein
10. Cappellini/Lanotte

thanks Verity for the other link to W/P, but does anybody have the final word on what really happened at 4cc?? sound glitch or actually off the music...... I can't imagine they scored as well as they did if they were that off, but they did mess up quite seriously around a spin in the beginning so.....confirmation would be appreciated if anyone knows
Old 03-31-2011, 10:15 AM
Master Fan

The Kerrs have officially announced their retirement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadablue
thanks Verity for the other link to W/P, but does anybody have the final word on what really happened at 4cc?? sound glitch or actually off the music...... I can't imagine they scored as well as they did if they were that off, but they did mess up quite seriously around a spin in the beginning so.....confirmation would be appreciated if anyone knows
You know, I even just revisited the play-by-play discussion of the FD over on FSU, and still the conversation was dominated by questions of what happened to Tessa and just a couple of mentions of Kaitlyn and Andrew messing up their spins and Andrew's skate getting caught on her skirt. It's certainly plausible that they finished after the music, given the number of stops throughout the performance, but if so it's even more absurd that they received their SB scores there.
Old 03-31-2011, 10:42 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris9918 (View Post)
Thanks for that Barb, but don't worry about scanning it for my sake. I was able to track down the translations elsewhere.
That's good to hear Kris If anyone else is interested, let me know.

So sad about the Kerrs I loved them since their Matrix-FD back in 2003. Thanks for the news anyway, Verity
Closed Thread   Post New Thread