Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2011, 07:43 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thief Of Love (View Post)
For the moment, I'm inclined to just shift everyone behind the Kerrs up a slot and stick C/L in tenth, though I think 8-10 is something that could fluctuate. I certainly don't see them repeating those scores at a considerably more competitive event than Mont Blanc, and that's good, because those numbers are WAY inflated. I'm also curious as to whether their FD choice may impact them negatively, insofar as its impossible to avoid inviting comparison.
Agreed. I think I could put them in the 9 or 10 slot, but nothing above that. Everyone else would move up behind the Kerrs.
Old 03-29-2011, 07:47 PM
Dedicated Fan

TFTNT!!!

Okay, I'm taking a shot at the top 10
ETA I'm changing my mind...:
1. Meryl/Charlie
2. Tessa/Scott
3. Nathalie/Fabian
4. Shibs
5. Bobrova/Soloviev (possibly higher due to home country advantage?)
6. Cappellini/Lanotte (if they're 100%, also based on how they competed last year. After seeing everyone else's thoughts I could be way off!)
7. Weaver/Poje
8. Crone/Poirier
9. Elena/Nikita
10. Madison/Greg

Last edited by LoveActually; 03-29-2011 at 07:53 PM
Old 03-29-2011, 08:03 PM
Dedicated Fan

I would usually be willing to offer my thoughts on placements but this time around I'm going to say that I'm hesitant predicting anything. This season has been so different from others. Teams don't usually train this long throughout a season or have to deal with these kinds of circumstances. As it always does in competition, it will come down to who can skate the best on the day. For who, the situation is exactly right and everything manages to come together for. It will also be an interesting reflection of who has been able to deal with the circumstances the best and adapt accordingly. I can't help but think that the results could differ from what we initially think due to times at which the skaters peak. Some, I assume would regularly reach their peak after Worlds just due to physical, personal and mental reasons. It will be interesting to see if this date change impacts that in any way. Of course it is possible to predict results from past results however I'm reserving judgement until Worlds commences due to the reasons mentioned above. I can see a few of the teams that we don't necessarily expect to do well, doing better than predicted.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:25 PM
Dedicated Fan

I totally agree, Rêve, this year will be very difficult, if not impossible to predict, for all of the reasons you stated. However, I'm going to take a stab at it anyway, just for fun.

1. Tessa/Scott (yeah, I know it's a bit of a longshot, but I genuinely believe that this extra time will help them and that whoever skates better on the day will win. I'll be completely happy if Meryl and Charlie win, too.)
2. Meryl/Charlie
3. Nathalie/Fabian
4. Bobrova/Soloviev
5. Shibutanis
6. Weaver/Poje
(not necessary a prediction - probably more of a hope. I just like them a lot better than CP for some reason).
7. Crone/Poirier (See above)
8. Elena/Nikita
9. Madison/Greg
10. Anna/Luca

IrishღDance
Old 03-29-2011, 09:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm excited to see Elena and Nikita perform at Worlds.

» Steve Rogers ♥ Natasha Romanoff
Old 03-29-2011, 10:26 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thief Of Love (View Post)
For the moment, I'm inclined to just shift everyone behind the Kerrs up a slot and stick C/L in tenth, though I think 8-10 is something that could fluctuate. I certainly don't see them repeating those scores at a considerably more competitive event than Mont Blanc, and that's good, because those numbers are WAY inflated. I'm also curious as to whether their FD choice may impact them negatively, insofar as its impossible to avoid inviting comparison.

That's what I would do.

I would be surprised, also, if C/L repeated those scores at Worlds, with the competition of all these other teams. So for now, I'm not changing my predictions, just moving everyone up a slot due to the Kerr's absence.

And I have to add - what the heck are C/L thinking? It's just too soon to avoid comparisons to Tessa and Scott. Maybe they're thinking that since V/M used that music in the last Olympic cycle, and now it's a new quadrennial, it makes it ok?
However, with V/M being the Olympic champions, I think all their FD's from the last 4 years are very fresh in the skating public's mind.
I don't think this does any favors to C/L.
Old 03-29-2011, 10:49 PM
Part-Time Fan

went to watch Kris lovely videos and think about my choices - but is the sound on W/P FD out of sync or were they that behind the music?? that doesn't seem possible......4cc not being on tv I didn't follow it too closely, but.....

here is the link to the cbc special i was referring too
CBC.ca Player
as i said, really not much new but there are tidbits, TS and otherwise, if you're willing to pick thru it - biggest ice dance bit at 2:13, biggest bit about Chan for those interested at 2:25

and some news
Skaters Lacoste, Reynolds added to worlds team
Old 03-29-2011, 11:01 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadablue (View Post)
went to watch Kris lovely videos and think about my choices - but is the sound on W/P FD out of sync or were they that behind the music?? that doesn't seem possible......4cc not being on tv I didn't follow it too closely, but.....
I noticed that, too, and was kind of puzzled (I watched the FD live online, but I recall being too distracted by Tessa and Scott's incident to pay much attention to what Kaitlyn and Andrew did...). Here's their Nationals performance, which is rather cleaner than their 4CC performance, anyway:

Old 03-29-2011, 11:42 PM
Dedicated Fan

I'm quite liking Moore-Towers and Moscovitch this season in Pairs.. they both have a sort of youthful energy that they bring.. can't find too many vids of theirs on YT though.

As far as dance goes.. I'm really not liking Crone/Porier's FD this season.

(formerly gg_all_da_way) - Liz

Icon by Aly.
Old 03-30-2011, 04:55 AM
New Fan

I don't think any team, even T/S own a music or a program.Nor the judges will consider a particular music to be off limits.Except probably Bolero.Now if a team chose Mahler that close to the Olympic,I think it could have a been an issue.Olympic winning performances are always harder to forget and you don't want to take that risk.

The month difference will also be crucial.Don't forget that now it would be the off-season, and within a month into their regular off season many teams take huge strides, technically wise.So nobody knows who will be in what condition at the end of April.I'd consider that to be a bigger problem with the older teams, although there aren't any left right now.

I'll try to predict in terms of group placements mostly

1-4 :V/M,D/W,P/B,B/S, I don't know the order since it's a strange season ,I just hope we won't have a lot of mistakes
places 5-8 C/P,S/S,I/K and 9-10 W/P , C/L
I wouldn't rule out the Germans since they have good levels,and I'd love W/P and C/L to do better.
Old 03-30-2011, 06:48 AM
Loyal Fan

Really interesting, how skaters will be ready in the end of April.
I think Zueva-Shpilband teams usually looks really ready all season and especially at WChs. One exception was B-A since 2006 WCh.
But how skaters will adapt for competition in this time of the year? How they will adapt for campetition in Moscow? How they will feel emotionlly?
Just read interwie with Natalie Pechalat
Пешала: Эра канадцев закончится в Москве
the era off the Canadians will end in Moscow
It will be easy fo her and Fabian to compete at there home rick.
But i really cant understand, how they coulds win over D-W?
And this name of the article made me sad. In Russian people like all skaters and wish to enjoy beautifull skating, but not the end of someone of the bes of them (skaters)
And i feel sorry for Kerrs/ I really wish to see there FD and especially SD one more time this season
Old 03-30-2011, 07:27 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsfan1 (View Post)
Just read interwie with Natalie Pechalat
Пешала: Эра канадцев закончится в Москве
the era off the Canadians will end in Moscow
It will be easy fo her and Fabian to compete at there home rick.
But i really cant understand, how they coulds win over D-W?
And this name of the article made me sad. In Russian people like all skaters and wish to enjoy beautifull skating, but not the end of someone of the bes of them (skaters)
And i feel sorry for Kerrs/ I really wish to see there FD and especially SD one more time this season
I'm not surprised by Nathalie's declaration, really (ETA: After using Google translate, I realized she didn't exacly use the words in the title, but still...) She's been making some pretty cheeky comments lately, about other skaters - and I'm using an euphemism here. The girl completely lacks diplomacy and grace, I'm sorry to say that. It's even sadder when you don't realize your own true value. She and Fabian are good skaters, but they don't hold a candle to Tessa and Scott.

I'm sorry about the Kerrs too. I loved both their programs. The same for Faiella/Scalli.

Last edited by Avocagirl; 03-30-2011 at 07:50 AM
Old 03-30-2011, 07:37 AM
Part-Time Fan

Here's Skate Canada's Worlds Team Promo..thanks to khggc1!
"Are you ready?"
YouTube - Skate Canada Worlds 2011 Team Promo
Old 03-30-2011, 07:54 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avocagirl (View Post)
I'm not surprised by Nathalie's declaration, really. She's been making some pretty cheeky comments lately, about other skaters - and I'm using an euphemism here. The girl completely lacks diplomacy and grace, I'm sorry to say that. It's even sadder when you don't realize your own true value. She and Fabian are good skaters, but they don't hold a candle to Tessa and Scott.

ETA: I'm sorry about the Kerrs too. I loved both their programs. The same for Faiella/Scalli.
Fabian and Scott with Charlie are good friends. I saw them charting at WCh. And Scott all time try to play with Natalie. Cant understand, what happened with her and why she talk only about T-S and no word about Meryl-Charlie? For me it look, like she repeat Zhulin words. But did she read he said P-B next season will lose to I-K?
And her words about other skaters before ECh sound really silly. Especially when she start talking about Federica sexuallity.
I really dont like this "the end of the era" - like she talk about someon death in skating.
But maybe this is only journalist fantasy?
Remember, how Massimo said, that T-S are not dancers? I was really happy to see how Scott and Charlie made ovation to Fede, what Massi said she coudl skate after OG and at small medals ceremony they look, like good friends. I hope Tessa and Scott will behigher, then all this and wiill show there class in theer perfomances ar WCh.
Old 03-30-2011, 08:22 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsfan1 (View Post)
Remember, how Massimo said, that T-S are not dancers? I was really happy to see how Scott and Charlie made ovation to Fede, what Massi said she coudl skate after OG and at small medals ceremony they look, like good friends. I hope Tessa and Scott will behigher, then all this and wiill show there class in theer perfomances ar WCh.
Massimo's words after the Olympics were completely taken out of context by the press, everything was explained later. He seems a very nice guy and I'm sure there were no hard feelings whatsoever between him and Scott.

I have no doubt Tessa and Scott will show their class at Worlds!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread