Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2014, 12:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hm. Not surprised that MS is now a regular since it was already hinted at awhile ago. To be honest, I liked the Knave on OUATIW. But I am not happy about this character being snagged as a regular for the mother show while Sean's RH is still left floating in the ethers.

Putting aside arguments about how status does not guarantee airtime, how much or how little, it is a contractual issue from where I sit. Sean is not obligated to stick around. Which makes me then question, how serious are A & E really when it comes to OQ exploration and endgame? Because why would they risk the chance of losing their actor to the role if they already have a definite conclusion in mind to this relationship? A recast is not going to work, imo. Sorry, but it does give me cause to question what they really intend to do with Regina and Regina|Robin|Marian?

Also, about the s4 synopsis:

Spoiler:

ETA: Maggie, I would interpret it that way, yes:

Spoiler:

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 08-14-2014, 01:22 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
Hm. Not surprised that MS is now a regular since it was already hinted at awhile ago. To be honest, I liked the Knave on OUATIW. But I am not happy about this character being snagged as a regular for the mother show while Sean's RH is still left floating in the ethers.

Putting aside arguments about how status does not guarantee airtime, how much or how little, it is a contractual issue from where I sit. Sean is not obligated to stick around. Which makes me then question, how serious are A & E really when it comes to OQ exploration and endgame? Because why would they risk the chance of losing their actor to the role if they already have a definite conclusion in mind to this relationship? A recast is not going to work, imo. Sorry, but it does give me cause to question what they really intend to do with Regina and Regina|Robin|Marian?

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
^^^^^All of THIS and more.

— Tyrion Lannister
Old 08-14-2014, 01:27 PM
Master Fan

Maggie & GrhmLz, I agree with your interpretation of Adam's tweet.

Quote:
Totally agree. It shows a lack of commitment on their part and that concerns me.

Also agree with everything you said about Regina and her storyline.
Spoiler:
Old 08-14-2014, 02:37 PM
Master Fan

Quote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Why doesn't it give you hope? After the finale and everything we should have hope. They were falling madly in love and even sean said as much that's not gonna change with Marian in the picture.

Honestly I don't understand why we would be worried. I mean going from comic con Adam and eddy said they love the Robin and Regina storyline. Notice they did not include Marian. In fact te only time Marian is referenced is when people say she's between Robin and Regina. Signifying her as the obstacle that they have to get through and they will.
Old 08-14-2014, 04:43 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radames (View Post)
Why doesn't it give you hope? After the finale and everything we should have hope. They were falling madly in love and even sean said as much that's not gonna change with Marian in the picture.
No offense to Sean because I love him dearly, but his comments were based solely on what happened on the show in S3. Both he and Lana emphasized they knew nothing about Season 4. And if we're using Sean's comments as a measure, then he himself questioned how OUAT could have drama if the EQ is happy and in love? lol

As for having hope after the finale, the last 2 minutes of that are pretty much what *doesn't* give me hope, lol. As many here have commented, OUAT is essentially the tale of the main cast. In that sense, OQ story is Regina's story. What A&E have said they are exploring in S4 is how does Regina handle loss of love again. They've also said many times that on OUAT happy endings aren't necessarily what you expect, and if you add to that Robin Hood being a guest cast member, I figure realistically, anything goes...

Quote:
Honestly I don't understand why we would be worried. I mean going from comic con Adam and eddy said they love the Robin and Regina storyline. Notice they did not include Marian. In fact te only time Marian is referenced is when people say she's between Robin and Regina. Signifying her as the obstacle that they have to get through and they will.
I found it kind of amusing actually that fans were so excited about that sound bite from Eddy, but conveniently ignored the full context of what he said, which was : "the Robin Hood Regina story is one our favorites that we have this arc." That to me doesn't guarantee any Robin Hood Regina story beyond 3A. (here's the interview, the quote is at about 2:40 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCAKA8pYx6Y )

ETA: I'm sorry, this post sounds incredibly negative for OQ shippers, which is what everybody is in this thread for, I imagine. I guess I'm personally just trying to be realistic, and hope by doing that to save myself another utterly broken heart if A&E don't fulfill the promise of "pixie dust" and "soul mates" and go some other direction completely. Actually I should probably just keep my mouth shut and not spoil other people's fun, lol.
ETA2: Nice to see you posting again, GrhmLz

Last edited by Maggie_R; 08-14-2014 at 04:52 PM
Old 08-14-2014, 04:54 PM
Obsessed Fan

Well all I know is that after today I will be taking a break from spoilers (and subsequently this thread as well). I need to keep whatever hope I have left and that's not going to happen unless I don't get more spoiled. Sorry girls...

"I think you've just been hired as one of the writers of OUAT" - Lana Parrilla, Fairytales II Con, Paris, 22/6/2014
Old 08-14-2014, 05:07 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix_shine (View Post)
Well all I know is that after today I will be taking a break from spoilers (and subsequently this thread as well). I need to keep whatever hope I have left and that's not going to happen unless I don't get more spoiled. Sorry girls...
Chris, I'm so sorry---I hope my post didn't throw you over the edge!
Old 08-14-2014, 05:09 PM
Master Fan

I'm really sad to see you go Chris. Maybe take a day and think about it? Sometimes things look better in the morning.
Old 08-14-2014, 06:01 PM
Obsessed Fan

Aww girls... Part of me doesn't want to go either. I have thoroughly enjoyed this place, it was our little spoilerific corner, but I know that if I keep doing this to myself I will get to the point where I won't enjoy the show anymore, unless it's only Regina or OQ. I know that I love Regina and Robin and their story more than the other characters, but until the s3 finale I never had problems with the rest of the show (except for 3x14 which was the first time that I felt an episode got totally wasted on something completely irrelevant) and I enjoyed each episode very much.

However, I have learnt from previous experience that getting into it so much destroys the fun stuff. When it comes to shows (and especially couples) I'm addicted to, I am a spoiler whore to the bone , so it won't be easy for me to keep away for long. My plan is to intend to stay as away as I can until the season starts. Mostly I would like to not know anything about filming, because from all we have seen this far, my nerves have hit red.

And now, with what happened today... Had it been another way, had I not gotten this invested to OQ, I wouldn't mind MS getting a spot to the regular cast this much, and this comes from someone that liked Will Scarlet quite a lot. But now, all I can think of is how unfair it is firstly for Sean, a man that has worked on the show for a year, has gained lots of fans and his work has made the showrunners include him in a very important part of the story of one of the three leading ladies, that someone else has been added to the show regularly and yet he hasn't. And secondly, it's unfair for us, the OQ shippers, because, like GrhmLz said, it shows that they do not take this as seriously as we do.

Seriously, I've been in this position before and it was not pleasant at all. I started watching OUAT exactly for the reason Snow has mentioned: because fairytales exist to give us hope. If watching it means me getting more irritated than happy because of what I have been informed by spoilers, then something has to change.

Question is: do I have the willpower to do it? I will try though. And don't worry, we will chat in the other OQ threads for sure, at least until I get back here again

"I think you've just been hired as one of the writers of OUAT" - Lana Parrilla, Fairytales II Con, Paris, 22/6/2014
Old 08-14-2014, 08:01 PM
Master Fan

Maggie, you made a lot of very good points. I believe we all need to realize there is a possibility that things won't turn out the way we want them to, but there is also a very good possibility that they will. I don't know why they aren't making Sean a regular. It could be that they aren't completely committed to this storyline, it could be that Sean doesn't want to be fully committed yet, it could be that they really do think it will "spoil" the triangle outcome. Let's be realistic. If they announced Sean as a regular tomorrow, we would all be cheering and shouting "OQ is endgame!!" and they know it. It really would kind of give it away. So I continue to hope this is what it is, while realizing I could be wrong.

I understand why some people are staying away from spoilers. There is a lot of speculating and maybes involved with spoilers and when it gets to the point where it just isn't fun anymore, sometimes you have to take a break or just avoid spoilers completely. It get that.

I'll still be here. I know I won't like everything I see. I won't always feel optimistic. I'll probably have days where I'll want to just quit the show altogether. But every couple on this show has been made to suffer and has come out together on the other side, so I'm going to keep hoping OQ will too. Sooner or later, something good is going to come our way and I hope it will all be worth it.

That is the best pep talk I could muster cause I'm not that good at pep talks.
Old 08-14-2014, 08:11 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry02 (View Post)
That is the best pep talk I could muster cause I'm not that good at pep talks.
It was a darned good one. And we (or maybe I should say "I") needed it.
Old 08-15-2014, 01:53 AM
Master Fan

I have no doubt OQ is endgame, the finale more than cemented that included with the introduction of an obstacle in the finale. Which is cliche in many many shows.

Addison appeared in the finale in between Meredith and Derek in the first season of GA.
Emma announced to Will that she was dating Carl in the first season finale of Glee

The list is endless, honestly. This is how TV couples work.
Old 08-15-2014, 12:00 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I have no doubt OQ is endgame, the finale more than cemented that included with the introduction of an obstacle in the finale. Which is cliche in many many shows.

Addison appeared in the finale in between Meredith and Derek in the first season of GA.
Emma announced to Will that she was dating Carl in the first season finale of Glee

True as that may be, it's not unusual for a character to be killed off or written out of a show because the actor decides to leave. I think this is our main concern right now. They may be planning on making him a regular at some point, but until they do that, he is free to audition for other shows and can choose to leave after he's completed whatever number of episodes they have him contracted for. If that happens, then even if they planned on OQ being endgame, their plans have to change because I don't think a recast would work. We are all too attached to Sean as Robin at this point.
Old 08-15-2014, 12:04 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:

Ok, so if OQ is endgame and A&E already know and plan this, then what do you think is the reason for not making Sean a regular cast member? And I will say up front that I don't see how keeping the audience guessing about OQ after the cliff hanger holds water if you accept on the other hand that the show itself already cemented OQ as endgame in various ways. Would ABC actually delay a business contract (i.e. waiting to make Sean a regular until OQ is resolved) on a little mind game with online fans? Gosh I hope for Sean's sake that's not the case. (ETA: and also Sherry's point that I just saw, that Sean could get another role, and then where does that leave OQ? It seems they are taking a big risk there.)

Plus on a slightly different topic, I really don't get why A&E were so evasive about the status of either actor, only for it to come out in an unremarkable way via the ABC website. What on earth was the big deal that they couldn't simply give a straight answer? Sheesh.
Old 08-15-2014, 12:10 PM
Master Fan

Hmmm... Sean not being a regular is disconcerning BUT, why would A&E declare them soul mates both on the show and in interviews if it didn't mean anything? I don't always agree with their decisions but once a couple is declared true love or soul mates in this case, they are probably endgame. My OTP is Rumbelle and look at all the angst they get thrown at them. I'm gonna admit that even though I know they're true love there have been times where I have doubted that they'll end up together, just by the way A&E write them. When I cool down and think about it though, I can't see them NOT ending up together that would just be an atrocity. I feel the same about OQ here, there will probably be tough times ahead for us and it'll get bleak but hopefully everything will end up well. Of course I could be completely wrong and Regina ends up alone and miserable[she better NOT darn it! ] but for now I'm gonna have hope . I think the only one to worry about is CS, they haven't been declared TL as of yet, who knows what will happen there. IMO, all the others: Snowing, Rumbelle and Outlaw Queen are safe.

"Hey."
"Hey yourself....".
Leticia||icon by me||(x)||(ღ)
Closed Thread   Post New Thread