Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2004, 06:36 AM
Moderator Support Team

Hey Anne

urgh its bad to walk in sandals along the street when its raining ... i hope you wont catch a cold

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 06-01-2004, 12:42 PM
Master Fan

Shoes, don't mention shoes. I need a new pair, desperatly but I have no time to shop this week. Argh!!

Cas - What a day you had!

Maria - good luck with helping your friends!

Hi Anne & Suzie

Meg Ryan is a nice actress. She was so spunky in Top Gun, for example. First movie I recalled seeing her in. She's done some nice romantic comedies. I am bummed because I missed Sleapless in Seattle. They showed it on TV here pretty recently, but I didn't realise it until it was too late to tape it. It's such a cute movie.

I resisted (am I good or what? I am too easily falling for buying temptations) buying While You Were Sleeping last week. Blame it on pre-salary shortage of money.
Old 06-01-2004, 01:07 PM
Elite Fan

Hey guys!

I'm back We didn't do much remodeling, just carried some stuff, it was more like a party with food and drinks and one of the girls held a candle -decorating stuff presentation, it was fun Allthough I have to say the best part was the carrying a full sized big door up these not that big stairs for 4 stories up,because it didn't fit in the elevator!

Maxi- Yeah , Meg has made some very nice rom-coms, I have a thing for that kind of films, well not all of them but anyway

and hello to everyone else!
Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.
icon credit
Hayden
Old 06-01-2004, 02:04 PM
Moderator Support Team

Hello Maxi and Maria

oh damn .. i know i forgot sometime.. i took a day off from work today to go shopping and buy some shoes ..well i didnt ..argh

welcome back Maria... so it was more fun than you thought huh?

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 06-01-2004, 02:07 PM
Master Fan

Maria - a good romantic comedy can be very uplifting. Latest one I watched was "Roman Holiday" with Gregory Peck and Audrey Hepburn, like I mentioned to Anne and others on another thread. A nice watch.

While You Were Sleeping is one of Sandra Bullock's best - perhaps my favourite of hers.

Suzie - it's typical of me too, to get back home without having done what I set out to do.
Old 06-01-2004, 03:33 PM
Elite Fan

Suzie- Yeah, it was a lot more fun than I had thought...

Maxi- I'm with you on the uplifting thing about rom-coms and While You Were Sleeping is very sweet
Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.
icon credit
Hayden
Old 06-01-2004, 03:35 PM
Master Fan

I love Audrey Hepburn in romantic comedies like Roman Holidays , Sabrina or Breakfast at Tiffany's. There's something about her that is unique, a grace and sweetness that fits the atmostphere of romantic comedies. Just like Sandra Bullock.
Old 06-01-2004, 07:36 PM
Elite Fan

Aww, thanks for the big s gang, I sure needed them

Hmm, romantic comedies can either be really really good or ridiculously bad for some reason. I wasn't a huge fan of Roman Holiday because I'm a sucker for happy endings

"Naya's my girl." - Heather Morris

|| Naya Rivera and Heather Morris Board Campaigns||Live Journal||Tumblr||
Old 06-01-2004, 10:33 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Casandra
Hmm, romantic comedies can either be really really good or ridiculously bad for some reason.
This is something I completely agree with.

I would have been upset if While You Were Sleeping, for example had had a non-happy ending.

On the other hand, I love Legends of the Fall, which doesn't have a happy conclusion for one couple. But then again, Legends of the Fall might be considered more of a drama and not a comedy.
Old 06-01-2004, 11:28 PM
Elite Fan

Well I personally thought Legends of the Fall was more of those epic drama's. Those always tend to have the tragic endings for some reason Look at Titanic

"Naya's my girl." - Heather Morris

|| Naya Rivera and Heather Morris Board Campaigns||Live Journal||Tumblr||
Old 06-02-2004, 12:25 AM
Master Fan

Yeah I agree about the epic drama description. It sure isn't a 'fun, light' movie in the sense of some comedies.

I still haven't seen Titanic.
Old 06-02-2004, 01:01 AM
Elite Fan

well you ain't missed a thing!

I watched it on video, I left for a while when the ship started sinking, came back like 20 mins later, my Mom was watching it the whole time, and was like "it still hasn't sunken? and left again! I saw the ending though...But really the movie didn't do really much anything to me...That alone is reason enough to stop believing in the Oscar system...
Now I'm probably going to be stoned by all the Titanic fans!
icon credit
Hayden
Old 06-02-2004, 01:39 AM
Moderator Support Team

someone around?

well i have watched Titanic, but i dont think its one of my favs... and i wasnt crying at all

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 06-02-2004, 01:42 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by master yoda167
"it still hasn't sunken?
This is one reason I didn't bother watching the movie, I already knew the friggin boat would sink. Anyhow, other main reason is that I am not a big fan of Leo's. That'll probably get *me* stoned from the Leo fans. Anyhow, I think he's done a good job as a 'supporting act' to others (Johnny Depp in Gilbert Grape, Daniel Day Lewis in Gangs of New York). But I still haven't seen a solid, good performance from him in a movie where he is the one 'carrying' the movie.
Old 06-02-2004, 02:15 AM
Master Fan

Hi guys

I'm going to movies today!
I still don't know whether I'm going to watch the new Harry Potter movie, or Troy. I'm more excited about the HP movie, but I'll see with my friends who are going with me first. Well, if they choose Troy, I still can go watch the movie tonight with another HP fan...

I watched the Titanic movie in theaters, and I was snorting out loud at times. The scene of the Irish dances with Kate Winslet standing on the tips of her feet, because she used to be a ballerina? Just ridiculous. Anyone who practice ballet will tell you that it's impossible to do that without the appropriate shoes.
There are other ridiculous scenes, but I won't even comment on those.
I liked the movie though, because the wreck scenes are really spectacular, with the boat sinking. Anytime I want to watch the movie again, I use the chapter panel and start the movie when the iceberg's coming. Which means that I usually skip 1 hour and a half of the movie...