Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2010, 09:16 AM
New Fan

Count me in as a Jim/Callie fan

Hi everyone -
I'd like to introduce myself to the group. I have been a lurker for the past week or so, and was thrilled to find this forum devoted to my favorite couple. I was enjoying the show and their relationship but what really got me into it was Cassadaga, when they danced. Then I was completely smitten with Jim and rooting for them as a couple.

It's great to see so many others who feel the way I do. I have stopped going to the A&E Glades forum because there is a bunch of Callie-haters there who keep posting about how much they don't like her. I tried to defend her, but finally decided to just stay away.

One of my favorite moments, besides The Kiss, was after Jim apprehended the prowler who was trying to break into Callie's house, when he just looked at the house but didn't tell her about what happened, because he didn't want her or Jeff to be afraid. That showed how much he loves her, and it made me love him all the more.
Old 09-15-2010, 10:16 AM
Elite Fan

^Welcome!
Old 09-15-2010, 10:50 AM
Elite Fan

Aww Jules

Welcome minoda. You have come to the right place for love of Jim/Callie and both characters. The scene you love is one of my favourite ones, its very angsty but hugely significant

"Nathan... this is what we do alright,
we're that couple
NathanAudrey
Old 09-15-2010, 11:49 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachaelAM (View Post)
Aww Jules

Welcome minoda. You have come to the right place for love of Jim/Callie and both characters. The scene you love is one of my favourite ones, its very angsty but hugely significant
Thanks for the welcome, ssbailey and RachaelAM!

Rachael, I'm glad to know you saw the significance of that scene. I really think Jim and Callie's relationship is very important to the writers, or they wouldn't include scenes like that.
Old 09-15-2010, 11:56 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by minonda (View Post)
Thanks for the welcome, ssbailey and RachaelAM!

Rachael, I'm glad to know you saw the significance of that scene. I really think Jim and Callie's relationship is very important to the writers, or they wouldn't include scenes like that.
ITA, this is the OTP of the show. It's been made very clear that Callie is the only woman for Jim and slowly vice versa for Jim for Callie. If this relationship wasn't significant then we would not get the build up we have we would have had rushed moments and the shoving of them together. But the writers believe in this pairing moreso even more because of Matt/Kiele's incredible chemistry.

we're that couple
NathanAudrey
Old 09-15-2010, 12:22 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachaelAM (View Post)
ITA, this is the OTP of the show. It's been made very clear that Callie is the only woman for Jim and slowly vice versa for Jim for Callie. If this relationship wasn't significant then we would not get the build up we have we would have had rushed moments and the shoving of them together. But the writers believe in this pairing moreso even more because of Matt/Kiele's incredible chemistry.
Maybe that's what inspired the love story line! Maybe when they first thought of the show they were going to include a nurse so there would be a main female character, but then when they saw the chemistry betw them they decided to develop it into a love relationship. I'd be curious to hear from the writers about that.
Old 09-15-2010, 02:02 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Maybe that's what inspired the love story line! Maybe when they first thought of the show they were going to include a nurse so there would be a main female character, but then when they saw the chemistry betw them they decided to develop it into a love relationship. I'd be curious to hear from the writers about that.
Hmm that could be, the writers did say when Kiele came and tested with Matt that the sparks were flying all around. So I'm thinking that if it wasn't because of the storyline how its written then definetely Matt/Kiele's incredible chemistry has played a huge factor into why Jim/Callie are so amazing.

we're that couple
NathanAudrey
Old 09-15-2010, 02:06 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
One of my favorite moments, besides The Kiss, was after Jim apprehended the prowler who was trying to break into Callie's house, when he just looked at the house but didn't tell her about what happened, because he didn't want her or Jeff to be afraid. That showed how much he loves her, and it made me love him all the more.
Welcome to the thread! I've added you as a shipper.

I actually ADORE that scene as well just because you see Jim protecting Callie and Jeff without letting her know about it. Without taking the credit and gratitude for that.

That's when you know it's love. When you are willing to do whatever it takes for someone you love, and you expect nothing in return. No gratitude or thanks. You do it because you love them.

"I will not let anything happen to you."
Walter and Paige

credit for the icon: Chiara G
Old 09-15-2010, 04:59 PM
New Fan

Welcome Minoda!!

I'm glad you've found us, the more shippers the merrier!
Old 09-15-2010, 06:01 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules166 (View Post)
Welcome to the thread! I've added you as a shipper.

I actually ADORE that scene as well just because you see Jim protecting Callie and Jeff without letting her know about it. Without taking the credit and gratitude for that.

That's when you know it's love. When you are willing to do whatever it takes for someone you love, and you expect nothing in return. No gratitude or thanks. You do it because you love them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillymemo (View Post)
Welcome Minoda!!

I'm glad you've found us, the more shippers the merrier!
Thanks, sillymemo! It feels great to be here! No one is bashing Callie!

Jules, yes, it's a great scene. Thanks for adding me to the shippers list. This is the first time I've ever been a shipper! Great couple to start with!
Old 09-15-2010, 06:35 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Hi everyone -
I'd like to introduce myself to the group. I have been a lurker for the past week or so, and was thrilled to find this forum devoted to my favorite couple. I was enjoying the show and their relationship but what really got me into it was Cassadaga, when they danced. Then I was completely smitten with Jim and rooting for them as a couple.

It's great to see so many others who feel the way I do. I have stopped going to the A&E Glades forum because there is a bunch of Callie-haters there who keep posting about how much they don't like her. I tried to defend her, but finally decided to just stay away.

Welcome minonda
I know what you mean about the A&E boards Rita the mod is a nice lady but the Kiele and Callie bashing just got too fanatic so I opted not to start posting ..
I too loved the Jim & Callie kiss and love the chemistry between them on the show !!
Old 09-15-2010, 06:38 PM
Part-Time Fan

I hope we get a couple of kisses in Booty too :-)
I wonder how Callie has all this free time though ? LOL
Old 09-15-2010, 06:58 PM
Master Fan

Quote:

Jules, yes, it's a great scene. Thanks for adding me to the shippers list. This is the first time I've ever been a shipper! Great couple to start with!
Awww. First time shipper? Welcome to the shippy world then!

"I will not let anything happen to you."
Walter and Paige

credit for the icon: Chiara G
Old 09-15-2010, 07:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Welcome minonda!

Wow, there are peolpe who dislike them that strongly? I thought they were pretty much loved.
Old 09-15-2010, 07:11 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *OldHollywoodStarlet* (View Post)
Welcome minonda!

Wow, there are peolpe who dislike them that strongly? I thought they were pretty much loved.

I think they are more loved than not but there are a few who don't like them ..
Al I know is The Glades would not ba as good to watch if not for Jim & Callie
Closed Thread   Post New Thread