Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2009, 11:45 PM
Total Fan

Mighty - all I know is that after debate, Jannie fans started popping up EVERYWHERE. A LJ community was immediately set up and stories were written and vids made. It seems that more ppl ship Jeff/Annie than any other potential pairing on the show (although there does seem to be quite a few Troy/Abed shippers too). Also, the first Jeff/Annie video was tweeted from Alison Brie to Dan Harmon!

Lethally Floral - I added you because the more the support the better! I hope that Dan Harmon not only takes the HUGE fan response into consideration but also the chemistry between the actors.

To everyone - I added to the OP, some vid recs and some fic recs! I'm not good at formatting, so I hope it looks okay!

New Jeff/Annie vid!! OMG TWO NEW ONES!!!
YouTube - can't stay away (JEFF/ANNIE)
YouTube - Annie is Speechless
Old 12-01-2009, 11:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

omgomgomgomgomg they're so going to get together if there is another season. What's the word on that?
Old 12-01-2009, 11:54 PM
Total Fan

You think they'll get together? OH I HOPE SO! I think I would die. I need more Jannie! At least we have moments, like the gravy train and the handsome hobo and breaking up with the group!

Oh, OTP, please happen!
Old 12-01-2009, 11:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm so glad you're adding fic recs, Julie. A friend of mine asked me for fanfic recs and I just haven't gotten around to picking out my faves. Maybe some of yours will be some of the ones I would have recommended to her.

Quote:
Mighty - all I know is that after debate, Jannie fans started popping up EVERYWHERE.
That about explains it. I think before the Debate episode, any time a lone brave soul would mention Jeff/Annie as a possibility, I saw a lot of "eww/too young/too old" responses. Meanwhile, there were quite a few people who didn't have those hang ups and saw something interesting building but who remained silent because they thought they were the only ones. Then the Debate ep happened and all of those people came out of the woodwork declaring their love for this couple. And quite a few others who had the "eww" reaction when it was first mentioned had their minds changed by the interaction in the Debate ep.

So there is still resistance but there's a lot of support as well...and more importantly, support of that support. We're not alone anymore.

Who knows if they'll get together. I wouldn't even think next season but maybe around the third or fourth. I just want them to keep up the friendship for now. That offers a lot of shippy goodness whether it's intended or not.

Again, no word on a second season until spring.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yo, the combination of his arms and her cleavage when they're trying to say goodbye...I DIE.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:04 AM
Total Fan

I only put up three but there are tons more I can rec, if you want me to.

I was one who said ew...Yes, I admit it. I really enjoyed their relationship, but not romantically. I was thinking big brother/little sister, but then...DEBATE happened and that big brother/little sister vibe SO flew out the window. And now I watch the scenes from previous episodes with them and it's like my eyes have been opened! There's a development there that could lead to romance. I hope the writer's leave this door open. Honestly, if Annie/Troy is end game...well...nevermind. I just will NOT be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Mouse 01 (View Post)
Yo, the combination of his arms and her cleavage when they're trying to say goodbye...I DIE.
For me, it's when he looks at her after saying how ridiculous them kissing would be and the music stops and...vulnerability on top of vulnerability. That whole scene...just...
Old 12-02-2009, 12:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

OMG no wai! That's so funny, and yet amazing. I wanted them together so badly, I even have proof in my LJ! Okay, I won't lie, I was also gushing about the idea of Annie and Abed, BUT LEAVE ME BE.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

No need to be ashamed. It was a relief when so many people came around after Debate. I really needed an outlet and if there's one thing worse than shipping a non-canon couple, it's shipping a non-canon couple alone without even fic to feed the habit--and I'm typically not much of a fic reader.

No, a small amount is fine for recs...for now. I don't think she'd want to read too much to start.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:07 AM
Total Fan

HA, after the Annie/Abed epi I was totally shipping them too! But not hardcore, just a little. Before Debate, none of the pairings had stolen my heart and I only disliked one.

But Jannie - here's my shipper heart!
Old 12-02-2009, 12:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

As long as we keep getting scenes I think I'll be...okay.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:15 AM
Total Fan

I'm rewatching the scene, my fav, over again...and when she's reading the Hobbes quote, his tongue presses against his cheek and I die...

Because we should all have it memorized like I do:
Old 12-02-2009, 02:06 AM
Obsessed Fan

Sign me up! I'm jus_de_pomme on lj, ya'll. Heh.

Icon by me!
Old 12-02-2009, 08:16 AM
Obsessed Fan

Just been watching some Jeff/Annie videos on youtube. I think I love them more and more after each one.

EDIT:
Bored so made a few Jannie icons. They're not great because I did them all real quick but it's better than nothing I guess.

Last edited by SugarTown; 12-02-2009 at 09:12 AM
Old 12-02-2009, 10:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

WHY IS THAT SCENE SO HOT OMG.

And I absolutely adore all of those icons!
Old 12-02-2009, 11:22 AM
Total Fan

I love all of those icons Kerry!!! Heeey...you're real good at that...would it be possible for you to Christmasify a couple of those? I really want a Jannie Christmas icon (not mine, I don't like it).

Pink Panther! Friend from LJ! HI! Adding you!!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread