Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2009, 11:16 AM
Total Fan

aika- you are totally right. That seemed more of a Jeff/Annie epi than anything else. That epi, coupled with the Halloween epi, make the lead up to Debate seem so real.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

I was honestly thinking it was NEVER going to happy, so I was just happy that they were giving us those moments on a non romantic level. But then all of the sudden...Jeff wants it and he wants it hard.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:21 AM
Addicted Fan

Quick question, but in the Home Economics ep when we see shirtless and abs of yum Jeff, was Annie one of the gawkers? I know Shirley and Britta were, but I can't remember if Annie was there.

If she was, then that was both hot and helps her "handsome hobo" comment even more funny to me.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

I THOUGHT she was, but that could have just been a manip in a video.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:25 AM
Total Fan

I don't think Annie was there aika. But I could be wrong.

Mighty, Jeff totally wants Annie. I've watched the studying scene in Debate 1000 times and yeah, everything about that scene...he wanted her and she wanted him and there was so much vulnerabilty.

"reproductive...productive!" *Jeff takes a heaving breath and his pupils dialate*
Old 12-01-2009, 11:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, she probably wasn't. I think it was a video manip.

I really hope it isn't something that they just push under the rug in the long run. I understand that they started this show from day one with the intentions of putting Jeff and Britta together. (omg is it Britta or Gritta or wtf is it?! I always forget! ) I was never even expecting Jeff and Annie to be an option because of the age difference, but now that we know it totally is and there is total attraction there, I want them to bring it up in the future. I don't expect anything in the near future, but...we need it eventually!
Old 12-01-2009, 11:30 AM
Addicted Fan

I really thought Joel stepped up his acting ni those scenes. I didn't know the character could show so much vulnerability, but as an actor Joel has mentioned a few times how excited he is to be working with her.

Me? I never knew who Alison was before this show. But I was shocked on that bit of dialogue when Annie said "I'm 18 and you just made me cry." I was thinking to myself at the time "There's no way she's 18!" She just doesn't come off like that, and it's not a jab at Alison's acting at all. Just how I see it.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

I KNOW. I figured they were that age because they mentioned that Troy and Annie were straight out of high school, but hearing her say that she was 18 kind of was like...yeah, good one.

OMG, has he? You must post the quotes! I just remember one Tweet from him but lost it. Fail.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:34 AM
Total Fan

Post the tweets!

Yeah, there is an age difference, but what is it exactly? We don't know Jeff's age. And, yes, Annie totally comes off as older than 18. I figure that in mentality, they are the close in age. haaaha

Well, keep up the Jannie love ppl, I haveta go! BB later!
Old 12-01-2009, 11:34 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Mouse 01 (View Post)
OMG, has he? You must post the quotes! I just remember one Tweet from him but lost it. Fail.
Someone posted it at LJ, so I'll have to go back there to find it. Milord/Milady is probably a good place to start.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:43 AM
Master Fan

oh, add me to the list please! LOVE THEM! I'm hoping the writers see the impact they've had and decide to DO something about it
Old 12-01-2009, 11:43 AM
New Fan

I made a new vid!!!

If I Could Be So Bold
Old 12-01-2009, 12:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You definitely have to add me. I need more Jeff/Annie so bad its not even funny.
Old 12-01-2009, 03:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

YES, welcome to all these bbs!
Old 12-01-2009, 03:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

BSB, I hear you on needing more of them so bad. I don't think I've shipped a couple this much in a very long time where a show actually gave me a "sexual attraction" bone. But given my horrible luck with canon couples, I just want all of you to be prepared, now that I ship Jannie, that they will turn out to be related in some way. Or the writers will have Jeff kill her puppy or something.

em1983, I l Want to Love you Madly is the vid I use to "recruit" people. It's so well done and really captures the comedic spirit of the show.

Quote:
That epi, coupled with the Halloween epi, make the lead up to Debate seem so real.
It kills me that it was so masterfully done and yet unintentional.

So people were asking about Joel quotes about Alison. I have two. The first I don't have a direct source for and it's actually Alison talking about meeting Joel for the first time. She said she was a big fan of The Soup and was a little nervous to meet him. She got into this van on set and then he got in too. He turned around and told her he was a big fan of the show (Mad Men) and she said she knew they'd be friends.

The second quote I have, directly from Joel, was his response to Jeff/Annie.
Quote:
Joel on Jeff and Annie's kiss last week: I haven't seen any scripts where it'll be revisited, because I'll probably be arrested, but believe me it was good times. I mean it's Alison Brie from Mad Men!
Interview with Joel McHale and Ken Jeong of NBC's Community | TV, Interview, Joel McHale | BuzzSugar - Movies, TV & Music