Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2012, 07:26 AM
Loyal Fan

Hi guys

So thread has been kinda slow, I have been kinda busy, did I miss anything? Seems everyone's been talking about Firefly or something, that all?

I don't like the idea of Tara 'losing her career'. I mean, I know that they left the possibility of her continuing to be a surgeon sort of up in the air, but she's still a doctor, and a doctor can practice anywhere. It seems to me, she's still got her way out. She's still got her career. I guess I just don't really see what all the fuss is about.

I guess I just think she should grieve for the loss of her career as a surgeon and move on to the glass half filled. Life is not over, the boys are happy and healthy, she still has Jax and she can still practice medicine. It's not so bleak.

Is that just me??

Lucky, I loved the update and I'm loving the fic.... can't wait til Thomas comes in (assuming you follow all the way to that blessed event). Three boys. She's going to have her hands full.

Because to me... it's poetry

Last edited by heavenly_vixen; 05-01-2012 at 07:34 AM
Old 05-01-2012, 07:27 AM
Elite Fan

Tony awards came out today, no Maggie.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:44 AM
Dedicated Fan

Kurt just updated his GQ blog.

And welcome, Jackal! I'm thinking you're the same Jackal who authors the brilliant "Ain't No Rest" over a FF.net, yes? Great to have you around.
Old 05-01-2012, 05:31 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavenly_vixen (View Post)
I guess I just think she should grieve for the loss of her career as a surgeon and move on to the glass half filled. Life is not over, the boys are happy and healthy, she still has Jax and she can still practice medicine. It's not so bleak.

Is that just me??
This is what I'm hoping. I don't see why she should be completely unemployed or stuck because she's no longer a surgeon. Granted it's a lot of work starting up a practice (especially with two small boys at home), but she is a Fellow so she can do it. Again, I really just want Tara to be happy but I'd love for her to be back at the hospital in some capacity by the end of the season.

Quote:
Lucky, I loved the update and I'm loving the fic.... can't wait til Thomas comes in (assuming you follow all the way to that blessed event). Three boys. She's going to have her hands full.
Thanks, Ally. I want to continue all the way through, some ideas are clearer than others but I'm going to be honest I'm having a hard time getting through season 2. With any luck it'll get easier.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:24 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal1973 (View Post)
So I'm totally new to this forum (hopefully, that's okay)
ZOMG! It's you, isn't it?? Yes, it is! You are the author of that yummilicious fic on ff.net - Ain't No Rest! Welcome, {{{Jackal1973}}}! Pardon me for acting like a nutter. I am harmless. It's just that there are already some awesome fic writers who frequent this fan-thread and who inspire me so I'm squeeing because you have made an appearance here too.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:27 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingbat (View Post)
I don't think I've had a problem with any casting Kurt has done, thus far, so either way, it's gonna be an interesting role.
I haven't either. Granted, this is only my second hiatus with this show meaning only my second time through with the casting process. But I've never had my heart so dead set on an actor as it is with Idris Elba.

I'm sure whoever is cast as Pope will be great though and my whole "Idris Elba or else" stance will be completely forgotten like three seconds after it's announced.

Last edited by luckynori; 05-02-2012 at 01:17 AM
Old 05-02-2012, 01:04 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckynori (View Post)
This is what I'm hoping. I don't see why she should be completely unemployed or stuck because she's no longer a surgeon. Granted it's a lot of work starting up a practice (especially with two small boys at home), but she is a Fellow so she can do it. Again, I really just want Tara to be happy but I'd love for her to be back at the hospital in some capacity by the end of the season.
Glad to see I'm not the only one that thinks this. Right on, sister! <--Can't believe I just typed that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckynori (View Post)
Thanks, Ally. I want to continue all the way through, some ideas are clearer than others but I'm going to be honest I'm having a hard time getting through season 2. With any luck it'll get easier.
I think you're doing amazingly well. I'm really loving your season 2. I honestly don't have a bad, critical or even less than flattering thing to say about it. I've loved every second of the first 3 chapters. But I understand where you're coming from. When you wrote the 1st one, you were probably all geared up and ready to go, and now you feel like you're floundering a little? Right?
You're not honey, You're amazing. But if you need a sounding board, someone to bounce an idea or two off, I'm always here and happy to (try to be of) help.

Just read Kurt's latest GQ blog entry.... let's see how long his self imposed silence re emmys lasts.

Because to me... it's poetry
Old 05-02-2012, 01:20 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavenly_vixen (View Post)
Just read Kurt's latest GQ blog entry.... let's see how long his self imposed silence re emmys lasts.
Until right after the nominees are announced .

Last edited by luckynori; 05-02-2012 at 02:35 AM
Old 05-02-2012, 05:35 AM
Dedicated Fan

I fourth, fifth, and sixth wanting Tara to be happy. I don't want anymore devastation or heartbreak -- "Hands" and "Call of Duty" completely ruined me. But I'm feeling a little a lot like there's still more of it to come. Prove me wrong, Kurt. Seriously.

Old 05-02-2012, 07:42 AM
Dedicated Fan

Welcome Jackal1973! It's great to have another person who loves Jax/Tara and your story is amazing!

Jacey
Old 05-02-2012, 07:58 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I'm sure whoever is cast as Pope will be great though and my whole "Idris Elba or else" stance will be completely forgotten like three seconds after it's announced.
Or until we get pics or watching the first scene.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:32 AM
New Fan

*peeks back in and whispers*

Guilty as charged. That's me over at ff.net but I had no clue so many of you frequented both places. I tripped over this appreciation forum because of a Sons of Anarchy thread at a message board for another fandom that originally got me writing fanfic a few years back. Eventually, I'll figure out who is who, (I hope) because it seems that norrific and, maybe, Zuzu's Petals are here as well as others that I'm slowly piecing together. Love your work. And, well, I'm sporting a double dimpled blush right now from all of your kind welcomes and praise for my little Jax and Tara ditty. Truly, thank you.

As for Tara's hand, I guess I'm one that thinks her getting back into the OR isn't reasonable but it shouldn't keep her from practicing medicine either. There's story-line there if they wanted to go the Jax support/driving force for PT to return Tara to her profession route but we've already seen that he's thought that her injury doesn't end her career just the path that she'd always thought it would follow.

And, with all the change coming from becoming the sovereigns of Charming's motorcycle world, I'd imagine there are sexier tales for KS to tell. Never know though, it is fictional TV drama so if he sees a need for her to be back there, she will be cute green scrubs and all.

What I'm more intrigued by is whether this will realign how Tara defines herself going forward because she's worked hard to 'change' from that cat fighting girl who left and returned as the successful surgeon or is this not as devastating as it could be because she firmly knows who she is now that she's reconnected to Jax. Also, I'm curious as to how Jax reacts to all the shifts with Tara as well. Does he push for her to return to that part of her life because it still marginally separates her from his world a bit or does he fully embrace that this is their future going forward and help Tara find her latest place by his side while he's being influenced by an even darker Nero.

Yeah, I'm wanting to find out their upcoming motivations about as much as I want to see their pretty faces splashed across my big screen because I need a new fix after mainlining all four seasons in my initial viewing a few months back. Netflix was my dealer, oops, friend.

Anyway, I don't know that much about KS's personality but, from what I've read and seen so far, that last tag line of his GQ blog is just calling out for something to be done with it.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:05 AM
Dedicated Fan

Definitely great to have you here, Jackal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal1973
And, with all the change coming from becoming the sovereigns of Charming's motorcycle world, I'd imagine there are sexier tales for KS to tell.
I've found it really hard not to think about Tara's career. And I've found it really hard not to get angry about what happened. So that's kind of my fear; that the things I feel are important going into this season are the things that Kurt might feel don't require as much attention. And from Kurt's POV, that may very well be true, but as a note to him: they've taken Tara's ability as a surgeon away, and that's a huge thing for her character to lose, so whatever stories he decides he does want to tell, I don't want to see her struggles short-changed.

Quote:
What I'm more intrigued by is whether this will realign how Tara defines herself going forward because she's worked hard to 'change' from that cat fighting girl who left and returned as the successful surgeon or is this not as devastating as it could be because she firmly knows who she is now that she's reconnected to Jax. Also, I'm curious as to how Jax reacts to all the shifts with Tara as well. Does he push for her to return to that part of her life because it still marginally separates her from his world a bit or does he fully embrace that this is their future going forward and help Tara find her latest place by his side while he's being influenced by an even darker Nero.
All really interesting and great story points, and definitely things I want to see play out and answered, too. For me, the one thing I've remained adamant about is not wanting to see Tara more deeply immersed in the club at the expense, or dissolution, of her career. I'm with Lucky, in hoping to see Tara back at the hospital, in some capacity, by the end of the season. Or, at least, have it disclosed that she plans on continuing to practice medicine. Maybe because we haven't received any definitive clarification about what Kurt's plans are re: Tara -- and this is me getting way too ahead of myself -- but to put it out there: I am not going to be happy if the eventual route taken is Tara giving up her career completely so she can play Biker Queen to Jax's King. That being said, though, the "needle-out-of-the-bag" that Tara pulled in "To Be, Act I," was one of the greatest things I've ever watched, and I know that she'll make an extraordinary Queen, so I do look forward to where Kurt will go with her new responsibilities. I just want her to have her career, too.

The excitement's there, definitely, but I'm still feeling trepidatious about how Kurt's going to handle Tara, and I think that trepidation stems from the fact that I just can't seem to decide where I think her head will be at by the time the season opener rolls around. Am I the only one who'd expect her to still be in plaster if we're only jumping ahead a month? I would have thought she'd be in the cast for six to eight weeks; definitely 6, at the very least. And if that's the case, I feel like we'd be jumping in at a point where she's going to be very frustrated and uneasy and still pretty devastated. And even if we return just as she's having the cast removed, there's still the rehabilitation she'll have to undergo, and the possibility of further corrective surgeries, and the fact that she'll still not be able to look after her boys without some degree of difficulty... and these are the things I concern myself with that probably don't hold anywhere near as much weight for Kurt. I think Eve's right, though, in thinking that it's going to be a pretty angsty season, especially for our favourite doctor. And that concerns me because I really don't want to see her hurting.

And to think that on top of everything, Wendy's supposed to be back. And Kurt wanted to talk about fair?

One thing is for sure, though, I cannot wait to see what Maggie does this year. If nothing else, that will pull me through. And the promise of a united Jax and Tara.

Old 05-02-2012, 04:29 PM
Loyal Fan

Hello all! Long time no chat How have you all been? I've been busy on this off season and haven't had time to be online to chat or read fanfics much. It's been a crazy few months for me and I will tell you more on why later lol.

Just wanted to say hi to you all
Old 05-02-2012, 09:44 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarlettOHara (View Post)
Just wanted to say hi to you all
Hey, Lady

From Emilio's Twitter

Closed Thread   Post New Thread