Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2012, 12:08 PM
Dedicated Fan

Mav I know exactly what events you're talking about and they crushed me. I went and saw it in the theater and there was a sea of girls splashing water on their puffy faces after the movie, while all of their guys were left to awkwardly loiter outside the ladies room.
Old 04-29-2012, 02:46 PM
Extreme Fan

I'm trying, and failing, at not getting my hopes up on Idris Elba. I'll be okay with Michael K. Williams, but that has a lot to do with his return as Professor Kane in Thursdays fantastic Law & Order episode of Community.

Anyone else and it'll take me the rest of the hiatus to come to terms with it.
Old 04-29-2012, 02:55 PM
Elite Fan

Idris Elba would be cool! Charlie's worked with him, so maybe he's been talking about it with Kurt? I loved him in Thor
Old 04-29-2012, 03:14 PM
Extreme Fan

So did I, D. I remember when it first came out that he was cast as Heimdall how there were a bunch of fans all up in arms over it. Whereas the first time I saw him in full costume I may have actually squeed. And is it true that his role will be expanded in Thor 2?

I mean I like Forrest Whittaker but come on...
Old 04-29-2012, 03:22 PM
Elite Fan

I wasn't that familiar with Heimdall before the movie, so I had no issues with it, and come on, he was great; stoic, but all seeing. He looked good in gold, too I'm not sure about his role being expanded, but that would be awesome! I liked his interaction with Thor.

Forest Whittaker creeps me out. I mean, he's a good actor, but there's just something about him that makes me twitchy, but I saw him in Repo Men, so I guess I wouldn't exactly have a problem with it. I'd just prefer my villains to be hot
Old 04-29-2012, 04:50 PM
Extreme Fan

Thor wasn't my favorite comic and I never followed Norse mythology as closely as Greek and Roman so it didn't bother me much either. But things change from book to screen so often that I didn't get all the shock.

I can't even think about Tara's career. I was hoping that we'd still see her working in some capacity. I hate that it's looking like it has to be either or for her. I would have been interested in seeing her balance her career and her role as Queen. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she finds her way back to the hospital (after coming to terms with no longer being a surgeon) by the end of the season.

But I will say, with the efficient way she sliced Luisa's throat and the way she planned on offing Clay, she may prove to be a good and scary Queen. Can you imagine some of the things she and Happy could come up with?
Old 04-29-2012, 07:06 PM
Elite Fan

I knew the basics of Norse mythology, but didn't research a ton given comic mythology is nothing like the folklore.

I too am sadenned at the apparent storyline for Tara. I hope Kurt does go, as you said, with her finding her form again by the end of season 5.
Old 04-29-2012, 09:12 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckynori (View Post)
I can't even think about Tara's career. I was hoping that we'd still see her working in some capacity. I hate that it's looking like it has to be either or for her. I would have been interested in seeing her balance her career and her role as Queen. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she finds her way back to the hospital (after coming to terms with no longer being a surgeon) by the end of the season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingbat
I too am sadenned at the apparent storyline for Tara. I hope Kurt does go, as you said, with her finding her form again by the end of season 5.
This ^^ absolutely, ladies! I'm interested in the potential of Tara's criminal nature, but I really want her going back to medicine by the end of season 5. And honestly, I think it ultimately comes down to I just want to see our girl happy within whatever life she's living.

Re Thor I loved Idris in Thor. Like you both said, he was solid, badass, gave the character a real gravitas, and looked fabulous in his gold outfit. Never understood the to do about his casting. *sigh* Chis Hemsworth and Idris Elba in a movie together. So much eye candy.
Old 04-29-2012, 09:23 PM
New Fan

So I'm totally new to this forum (hopefully, that's okay) but Don Cheadle is who I already envision as Damon Pope.

It'll never happen, I'm sure, but my mind's eye is already quivering envisioning him in that role. I'd believe any threat uttered in his smooth tone or implied with the slice of his cool gaze.
Old 04-30-2012, 12:45 AM
Master Fan

new WTFSutter with some very special guests!!!

I literally squealed when I saw this!

I especially loved Charlie's and Tommy's hug

Old 04-30-2012, 08:07 AM
Extreme Fan

Welcome, Jackal1973

Keep A Hold has been updated:Keep A Hold Chapter 3, a sons of anarchy fanfic - FanFiction.Net

Eve, I really want Tara to be happy as well. My hope is that she's back at the hospital by the end of the season. But if she could just be happy, that would be nice, too.

And speaking of Thor/Chris Hemsworth, I am so beside myself excited for Avengers this weekend I honestly don't know what to do with myself.
Old 04-30-2012, 11:46 AM
Dedicated Fan

Hi Jackal! Welcome!

Don Cheadle would be a good choice too, though he is absolutely always a good guy in my head. It would be interesting to see him as the antagonist.

Lucky I'm so excited for the Avengers too. Joss Whedon was the perfect choice to direct it. And now I'm off to read your newest update.
Old 04-30-2012, 03:36 PM
Extreme Fan

Don Cheadle would be interesting, the man can play anything. I completely missed his new series, don't even know how I missed anything with Ben Schwartz. Hopefully there will be some word on Pope soon. If it's Idris Elba I can go into a fangirl coma. If not I can rage about it and start coming to terms with whoever is cast.

Eve, my brothers, my guy, and my mother have all bought tickets to the midnight show knowing full well that I won't be able to see it until Sunday. And all any of them had to say was "Don't worry, seeing it twice will not be a problem."
Old 04-30-2012, 04:45 PM
Elite Fan

I've been waiting since 2008 for The Avengers, when Iron Man came out. STOKED.

Quote:
Don Cheadle would be interesting, the man can play anything. I completely missed his new series, don't even know how I missed anything with Ben Schwartz. Hopefully there will be some word on Pope soon. If it's Idris Elba I can go into a fangirl coma. If not I can rage about it and start coming to terms with whoever is cast.
I don't think I've had a problem with any casting Kurt has done, thus far, so either way, it's gonna be an interesting role.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:02 AM
Dedicated Fan

I love that we finally got a new thread. I know how hard that is during hiatus. Charlie looks amazing but so young in those pics. I can't believe how much just a little facial hair can change his appearance. I love the new pics coming out for SOA but no Maggie? I so need pics of our couple to tide me over.

Jacey