Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2011, 08:11 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Phil has to do something to get patched in and so far he's coming across as a big teddy bear mor than a big badass. If he protects Tara from LaRoy, that will get him patch. Chris Reed, the guy who plays him found it difficult to ride in real life and that's why he wasn't patched in when the character of Miles was, so he's still prospecting. The numbers in SAMCRO are severely down and they need "bodies" as Old King Clarence would say. Saving Tara would get him in and making him her bodyguard would give him the excuse to not be seen riding with the others so often.
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking, too. I mean right now we don't know what's going to happen with Bobby, Juice, or even Opie. Does Opie stay in club? Does Juice get found out? Does Bobby become the new Otto?

That leaves Jax, Tig, Chibs, and Happy as the only patched members we know will be at the table at the end. The comment from Jax about Ratboy earning his patch makes in seem like he'll be at teh table pretty soon. We have to see something from Thomas' Teddy Bear (thanks Scarlett!) to earn him his top rocker.

Also, while I was at work last night, I bought Songs of Anarchy. Does anyone else have it? There's a song on there that I don't think has been on the show, which makes me think it'll be on the finale.

I love the song. And if it's in the finale. I think I know what it means and I'm dying to talk about it. But I think it may be considered a spoiler.

Are the songs used on the show considered spoilers? Or can we talk about those?
Old 12-02-2011, 08:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckynori (View Post)
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking, too. I mean right now we don't know what's going to happen with Bobby, Juice, or even Opie. Does Opie stay in club? Does Juice get found out? Does Bobby become the new Otto?

That leaves Jax, Tig, Chibs, and Happy as the only patched members we know will be at the table at the end. The comment from Jax about Ratboy earning his patch makes in seem like he'll be at teh table pretty soon. We have to see something from Thomas' Teddy Bear (thanks Scarlett!) to earn him his top rocker.

Also, while I was at work last night, I bought Songs of Anarchy. Does anyone else have it? There's a song on there that I don't think has been on the show, which makes me think it'll be on the finale.

I love the song. And if it's in the finale. I think I know what it means and I'm dying to talk about it. But I think it may be considered a spoiler.

Are the songs used on the show considered spoilers? Or can we talk about those?
No since it's officially released. But you think Kurt would put songs in it we haven't heard yet?
Yea I feel Ratboy will be batched in. But I feel we won't really get him or Phil or anyone else patched in until season 5.
I think like Lucky I've said to you before, it'll all boil down to the time.

mia toretto brian o'conner
lex luthor lana lang | jordan ♥ t.c.
clary fray ♥ jace herondale | jax ♥ tara
haylie | icon | LJ | tumblr
Lexipedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 08:26 AM
Extreme Fan

Here's the tracklist. Number 15 is one of my favorite songs and I'm almost sure I've never heard it on the show: Amazon.com : Music Sampler

Just about every artist you can think of has done some recording of this song: Joan Baez, Nina Simone, The Animals, Tracy Chapman, Lead belly, Bob Dylan. It is a truly fantastic song.

Last edited by luckynori; 12-02-2011 at 08:48 AM
luckynori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 08:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckynori (View Post)
Here's the tracklist. Number 15 is one of my favorite songs and I'm almost sure I've never heard it on the show: Amazon.com : Music Sampler
I thought it was originally only 14 songs. Oh man now I'm confused.
I really don't remember the songs that play.
Maybe it's one of those bonus songs or something. But the songs won't sample play, but I guess it's possible for Kurt to do that.

Old 12-02-2011, 08:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm HIS mother
I needed to post this again

Are we doing He's mine as the title

Old 12-02-2011, 09:03 AM
Dedicated Fan

Yeah, there was an article last week, I believe, that stated The White Buffalo's "House of the Rising Sun" would be featured extensively in the finale. He's had quite a few songs on the show -- "Damned" (03x03), "Sweet Hereafter" (03x09), "The Matador" (03x13), "Wish It Was True" (04x09) -- that I absolutely love.

I'm interested to hear your thoughts, Lucky. If you don't want to post here, I'd take a PM.

Last edited by givelovesolong; 12-06-2011 at 11:43 AM
givelovesolong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 09:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by givelovesolong (View Post)
Yeah, there was an article last week, I believe, that stated The White Buffalo's "House of the Rising Sun" would be featured extensively in the finale. He's had quite a few songs on the show -- "Damned" (03x03), "Sweet Hereafter" (03x09), "The Matador"(03x13), "Wish It Was True" (04x09) -- that I absolutely love.

I'm interested to hear your thoughts, Lucky. If you don't want to post here, I'd take a PM.
Oh okay. I wouldn't considered it spoilers because it's not like Glee songs where they know who's singing them.
Plus since it was already released it's not really spoilers.
But I'm going to second Bree, if you don't post your thoughts in the thread can you PM me your thoughts please sweetie.

Old 12-02-2011, 09:09 AM
Dedicated Fan

I absolutely vote for "He's mine" as the next title. No doubt.

And I think it's safe to just post here, Lucky. Really you'd only be speculating.
Old 12-02-2011, 09:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I absolutely vote for "He's mine" as the next title. No doubt.

And I think it's safe to just post here, Lucky. Really you'd only be speculating.
Yea it's not a lot we can figure out. Plus I think of LOST when I hear House of Rising Sun (actually read it)

Do you want to start it Bree

Old 12-02-2011, 09:17 AM
Dedicated Fan

Oh, god. Please don't mention "Lost". I am so not over it yet. Sad, I know, but my god, that show hit me hard. Still does.

On a similar note, the title made me think of "House of the Rising Son," for obvious reasons.

Haylie, I've never started a new thread before and I'm not exactly sure how to do it...

Last edited by givelovesolong; 12-02-2011 at 09:25 AM
givelovesolong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 09:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Oh, god. Please don't mention "Lost". I am so not over it yet. Sad, I know, but my god, that show hit me hard. Still does.

On a similar note, the title made me think of "House of the Rising Son," for obvious reasons.

Haylie, I've never started a new thread before and I'm not exactly sure how to do it...
I didn't think of that.
But I think the title makes it seem good for J/T even though I'm not worried.
I suck at explaining so I'm going to try my best.

what you do is click reply with quote and you copy all the code and then you click post new thread button and paste what you copied in the box, but you remove the [quo te] at the beginning and [/quo te] at the end.
you title the thread and you also update the number at the beginning that says 59 and add the 59th thread

Old 12-02-2011, 09:37 AM
Extreme Fan

Okay, I'll make this quick (which will be something for me) as I'm about to head to bed.

The song House of the Rising Sun was written about a brothel in New Orleans.

The song was originally written from the view point of a young woman who works in the brothel. She regrets how her life turned out, but now she's stuck. She can't get out

It's a really, really old traveling blues song. Over the years it has been recorded by many different artist and the lyrics and viewpoint eventually changed to that of man.

It's essentially the same song only about a young boy who keeps returning to this brothel even though he knows he shouldn't. He regrets it, regrets what his life has become, but now he's stuck.

But the lyrics, they fit Jax and Tara so much it's almost scary. But I'm thinking this will play at the close when Jax takes the gavel. As the "House of The Rising Sun" will likely represent SAMCRO

But here are the lyrics from both viewpoints:

House Of The Rising Sun-female
There is a house in New Orleans
They call the Rising Sun.
It's been the ruin of many a poor girl,
and me, O God, for one.

If I had listened what Mamma said,
I'd 'a' been at home today.
Being so young and foolish, O God,
let a rambler lead me astray.

Go tell my baby sister
never do like I have done
to shun that house in New Orleans
they call the Rising Sun.

My mother she's a tailor;
she sold those new blue jeans.
My sweetheart, he's a drunkard, Lord, Lord,
drinks down in New Orleans.

The only thing a drunkard needs
is a suitcase and a trunk.
The only time he's satisfied
is when he's on a drunk.

Fills his glasses to the brim,
passes them around
only pleasure he gets out of life
is hoboin' from town to town.

One foot is on the platform
and the other one on the train.
I'm going back to New Orleans
to wear that ball and chain.

Going back to New Orleans,
my race is almost run.
Going back to spend the rest of my days
beneath that Rising Sun.

Male
There is a house in New Orleans
They call the Rising Sun
And it's been the ruin of many a poor boy
And God I know I'm one

My mother was a tailor
She sewed my new blue jeans
My father was a gamblin' man
Down in New Orleans

Now the only thing a gambler needs
Is a suitcase and trunk
And the only time he's satisfied
Is when he's on a drunk

Oh mother tell your children
Not to do what I have done
Spend your lives in sin and misery
In the House of the Rising Sun

Well, I got one foot on the platform
The other foot on the train
I'm goin' back to New Orleans
To wear that ball and chain

Well, there is a house in New Orleans
They call the Rising Sun
And it's been the ruin of many a poor boy
And God I know I'm one

Last edited by luckynori; 12-02-2011 at 09:51 AM
luckynori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 09:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

Night Lucky,
I was figuring it was going to be J/T related and now you mention it THAT IS BASICALLY THEIR SONG.
It's scary.

And like you said they are both stuck. I mean Tara deep down now knows they won't be able to get out.
I know we've talked about the promise being broken, and I think this promise is going to hurt Jax, because he's the one that keeps saying he promises. I think no matter how bad Tara ever wants out she knew I think deep down in her it wasn't going to happen.
But Jax really believes it and I think he believes it's really possible for him and I can see it hurting him so bad when he can't deliver this promise to her.

Old 12-02-2011, 09:48 AM
Dedicated Fan

Alright, thanks for that, Haylie. I figured that'd be the way to go, so new thread is here.

I'll have a good read through of those lyrics. Thanks for posting, Lucky.