Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2019, 10:29 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowerpetals (View Post)
The positive reviews for the finale make me giddy, but I'm so very sad that the end is fast approaching. But as much as I'll miss the show and these characters, I'm happy for the happy ending that we're getting. Hard to say goodbye, but grateful for the endgame.

Most shows don't get to end with the creator's original vision and on their own timeline - they either get canceled/cut too early and have a rushed ending or no ending at all, or they get extended beyond the show's original intent and the characters and storytelling end up suffering because of it (more is not always better).
I always joke that if I were POTUS, I would create a law that says no succesful television series can go beyond 5/6 seasons.

It’s been a struggle trying to finish “Snow Falling.” One of the most flat and bland romance novels ever. The most heat actually came from Rake & Josephine’s night together but that’s not enough to save it. If the series made it a success, I would wonder what the hell were they (the public and critics in the JTV universe) reading?!

Last edited by Muffy_Simba; 07-24-2019 at 10:32 AM Reason: Added something
Old 07-24-2019, 01:40 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame (View Post)
Its part of the reason why his stans completely excuse or downright ignore all of his flaws.
It sure is

I hated the episode with his parents too, since it completed how he acted before their break up and how he honestly deserved it.
Old 07-24-2019, 05:00 AM
Master Fan

Found this on YouTube. Even the honorable mentions make my heart

|| Hook♥Emma || Rafael♥Jane || Ash♥Michael ||
|| Danny♥Lindsay | Dylan♥Kelly | Alex♥Izzie | Lucky♥Sam | Emett♥Bay ||
| Lucas♥Peyton | Pacey♥Joey | Clark♥Chloe | Jeff♥Ginger | Angel♥Cordy | Charlie♥Kirtsen | Neal♥Sara |

Old 07-24-2019, 05:55 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffy_Simba (View Post)

@Selena. When did she kick him? He lost it when Luisa took everything from him. He hasn’t lived there since 3x20. Luisa then moved out his stuff in 4x01. Petra cannot kick out the co owner which he was up until the end of 3x20. He lived with Alba, then rented the studio, then the apartment they live in now.
If I remember correctly it was in season 2 when Petra temporarily got the majority shares of the hotel and they were in one of their fights.
Old 07-24-2019, 10:30 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by .bian.carsan. (View Post)

This video was in my recommendations for awhile but I never got to it. I finally watched it. Great list and I love it when anyone mentions the writing connection because it means they get it. So she did make him a grilled cheese first. I actually wasn’t no longer sure if that was mentioned in the pilot. They have the best themes on the series. Flowers, Water, Telenovela love, Mateo and Jane’s writing. I’ll even include the bus rides because he’s the only dude she has been shown riding the bus with and even when he’s not on the bus he’s still connected to it in some way. When she gets off the bus in the S2 finale, he’s the first person she sees. Jennie said the bus represents different phases in Jane’s life.
Spoiler:

@Selena. Well, it was irrelevant then and it’s definitely irrelevant now. He never moved out, she never had real power to do that(even when she dropped line it was irrelevant because didn’t go beyond that) and he would still be there if Luisa didn’t take everything.
Old 07-24-2019, 01:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

I still have to watch the last episode, I don't want this show to end
Old 07-24-2019, 06:00 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffy_Simba (View Post)
It was a video. A teen girl (Jane) is standing in front of a school leaning on the front stairs, then a teen boy (Michael) slides down beside her, then another teen boy (Rafeal) slides down and knocks teen Michael off the stairs onto the ground and teen Rafeal walks off with teen Jane. It's a video someone made. I don't know the story behind the original video but it was a hilarious post.

All these “blue check” folks on Twitter keeping talking about how emotional and beautiful the series finale is. Next week we say goodbye forever.
I didn't ask the right question. I meant to ask what Brett wrote that he had to delete.

Today's JTV day! Happy and sad... I don't want it to end either, but I do agree it's always good to end it on a high note and that beyond 5 or 6 seasons is way too much for any show.

| Lucas♥Peyton | Pacey♥Joey | Clark♥Chloe | Jeff♥Ginger | Angel♥Cordy | Charlie♥Kirtsen | Neal♥Sara |

Old 07-24-2019, 07:07 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
I didn't ask the right question. I meant to ask what Brett wrote that he had to delete.

Today's JTV day! Happy and sad... I don't want it to end either, but I do agree it's always good to end it on a high note and that beyond 5 or 6 seasons is way too much for any show.
I don't know because he had already deleted it when I watched the video. I only watched it once so I guess it's still up since I thought you were saying you heard Justin deleted the post. I watched the episode and we were right on the money about one of the Michael theories. I cannot post a recap at the moment.
Old 07-24-2019, 07:10 PM
New Fan

Ugh I am sooo annoyed the show was pre-empted in NYC for the Yankees game and while I am a huge Yankees fan, the CW here won't replay the episode until SUNDAY. (sobbing dramatically).

I don't want to have to wait until the AM when its on iTunes... anyone have a link? Do those have to be DM'd? I forget FanForum rules but there's only 1 week left of JTV & I hate not being able to watch as close to live as possible.
Old 07-24-2019, 08:24 PM
Dedicated Fan

Great penultimate episode. Not sure why anyone has to sign a release for Jane's book since it's fiction and she changed all the names (the lead's name in the book is Lucinda!). It's not like Rose signed a release. lol I do wonder what part Jane's taking out per Charlie's request...

I love seeing Jafael be domestic and happy. And we got the final Be Brave of the series!
Jane: "be brave"
Rafael: "hey, that's my line!"

I like that Rafael realized the Marbella/hotel wasn't his dream anymore. And how great that Jane's book hasn't even been released yet and it's already more successful than SF. $500k - I need Jafael to get their dream house now. And I love that Rafael was with her when Jane finds out the news. He's been her biggest champion since the very beginning, and it's nice that they got to share this big moment for her writing career together.

The Jane and Rose confrontation was wonderfully executed by Gina and Bridget. I'm so glad Luisa was the one to ultimately take Rose down - full circle with the last death in the show mirroring the first. Now Raf has his sister back and Luisa has her family. I hope someday she'll find a nice lady and have a healthy relationship - maybe Petra (and JR) can hook her up with someone?!

The LLN saying only her True Love would realize she's in the costume and then Raf swoops in to save Jane. Our endgame is so swoon-worthy

"To Be Continued...one more time."

Jane to Rafael in next week's promo: "Our story is just beginning." And they'll live happily ever after.

Last edited by flowerpetals; 07-24-2019 at 11:30 PM
Old 07-24-2019, 08:45 PM
Master Fan

AAAH! I wanna watch the episode so badly now, but it's not yet available for download maybe because it was preempted. Sounds so good.

Old 07-24-2019, 11:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Great penultimate episode. Not sure why anyone has to sign a release for Jane's book since it's fiction and she changed all the names (the lead's name in the book is Lucinda!). It's not like Rose signed a release. lol I do wonder what part Jane's taking out per Charlie's request...
Yeah. That made no sense. It was also almost a retread of the story Jane had with Alba a few episodes ago. I'm guessing the thing she took out was something sex related.

So the Rose and Jane subplot was kind of meh to me. While Rose has done things that really affected Jane's life (kidnapping Mateo, shooting and kidnapping Michael) they've actually had very few scenes together. As a result, the epic penultimate chapter showdown didn't really feel all that epic. The show has never really worked the Jane v. Rose angle as much as it should have. Jane was never really Rose's enemy; she was only involved when Rose felt she could leverage someone close to Jane to cover her tracks or get her close to Luisa. In order for it to be a huge moment, I needed their rivalry to be more intentional. (This is why Petra would have been a great one had they not decided to go in a different direction with her.) I did love Luisa's cyanide fakeout and Rose's death because it felt earned with Luisa. Although I felt the whole look lacked scale. Lower budget this season, maybe?

My favorite line was Raf's "I'm so glad we're divorced" when Petra was talking about how her relationship with the Marbella was the most satisfying one of her life.
Old 07-24-2019, 11:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I am glad rose is gone and I liked how it mirrored the pilot. I did feel Jane trauma cause of Gina. I am also glad after this episode everyone will be doing a job they love. Jane writing, raf real estate, Petra Marbella, and the list goes on
Old 07-25-2019, 01:18 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:

Thanks for the video
Old 07-25-2019, 01:27 AM
Part-Time Fan

OMG this episode was all kinds of perfection, maybe the best yet!
Rose and Jane's scenes were so great togeher, the actress playing Rose is such an amazing actor. I love how the Rogelio plot ultimately tied in with Rose's demise, and Esteban/D'arcy pulling their own long con all along was a hilarious twist. Michael was just adorable with his new girl.
Also, Petra looked stunning at the movie premiere night and I love how they set up the JR reconnection now, so it will feel less rushed when it happens.

Last edited by selena_gomez; 07-25-2019 at 01:36 AM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread