Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2019, 04:38 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame (View Post)
Agreed - that whole scene drove me nuts. And that was what I was trying to get at before. It's like they treated Michael the character with kid gloves in S3A because they knew they were killing him off - so there was no deep exploration of what a crappy person he was. Instead they romanticized him stalking Jane in a police car and pulling her over. And neither of Jane's parents cared that he injured their grandchild or that he physically assaulted Rafael. They just accepted him back with open arms. Around the time that Michael finds out Petra is having the affair and lies to Jane about it. He: 1) calls her hormonal when she gets suspicious, 2) is completely rude to her when she comes by the crime scene to talk to him 3) lies to her about covering up the crime scene so she'll give her child away to a dysfunctional couple and then here's the absolute worst part to me. 4) Not only does Jane profusely apologize to Michael for being suspicious, not only does she full on grovel while he sits there and smiles. He then proceeds to meet her at the Marbella to take away her virginity as if he's not simultaneously lying to her repeatedly over something so important. Had Rafael not popped up on the TV screen or the fire alarm not gone off, he would have surely had sex with her while all this manipulation and lying was going on. And the writers handwave it all away in the most tepid way possible.
I think Jennie basically admitted this in her open letter after 3x10 aired. “Cleaning him up” in S2. Instead of keeping him real, have him own up to all his faults and work hard to win Jane’s trust again. They turn him into an unrealistic saint and Jane becomes an unbearable hypocrite.
Old 07-22-2019, 03:40 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowerpetals (View Post)
That's the tea.

And it also bothered me how in 1x07, he took it upon himself to open and read the card addressed to Jane attached to the roses Raf sent, but then we're supposed to feel bad for him. I really wish Jane confronted him about going through her stuff, instead she was guilted into feeling bad about following her heart. Michael gaslighted Jane so many times throughout his run. It was young and naive Jane who thought Michael was her soulmate because she didn't know any better. But grown up Jane follows her heart and knows exactly what/who she wants and what's right for her.
Same here, the show had an massive problem when it came to calling out Michael for his actions
Old 07-22-2019, 07:43 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
That's the tea.

And it also bothered me how in 1x07, he took it upon himself to open and read the card addressed to Jane attached to the roses Raf sent, but then we're supposed to feel bad for him. I really wish Jane confronted him about going through her stuff, instead she was guilted into feeling bad about following her heart. Michael gaslighted Jane so many times throughout his run. It was young and naive Jane who thought Michael was her soulmate because she didn't know any better. But grown up Jane follows her heart and knows exactly what/who she wants and what's right for her.
Ugh yes. Constantly making her feel guilty. Remember when Jane had to endure his parents crapping all over her for breaking up the engagement. Wouldnt that have been a perfect time for the show to address what a conniving deceitful dirtbag he was to her? Instead its Jane groveling yet again to his parents...

@Muffy And the Michael stans keep on about how the show had to change Michael into Jason for Jafael to happen but cant acknowledge that they completely whitewashed and sanitized the character for all of 3 episodes so they could get married and he could be her first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Same here, the show had a massive problem when it came to calling out Michael for his actions
Its part of the reason why his stans completely excuse or downright ignore all of his flaws.
Old 07-22-2019, 07:57 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Same here, the show had an massive problem when it came to calling out Michael for his actions
Hopefully it will happen in this week's episode.
Maybe Rose could kill him for real.
(I know it won't happen but that would be good television)
Old 07-22-2019, 02:23 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame (View Post)
Ugh yes. Constantly making her feel guilty. Remember when Jane had to endure his parents crapping all over her for breaking up the engagement. Wouldnt that have been a perfect time for the show to address what a conniving deceitful dirtbag he was to her? Instead its Jane groveling yet again to his parents...

@Muffy And the Michael stans keep on about how the show had to change Michael into Jason for Jafael to happen but cant acknowledge that they completely whitewashed and sanitized the character for all of 3 episodes so they could get married and he could be her first.

Its part of the reason why his stans completely excuse or downright ignore all of his flaws.
His stans say a lot of things that doesn't line up with the narrative. Like claiming the series never told them J/R were endgame or that series erased J/M history. Or claiming the series gave Michael as much backstory as the other characters. The list goes on. I don't know if this person is a J/M shipper or not because she didn't say. But she said she doesn't think Jane & Rafeal are going to get married because of what the LLN said at the end of 5x13. Scott and Anezka got married on this show. Petra & Milos got married on this show. After 6 weddings, 1 faux wedding, 1 offscreen wedding and 5 seasons of build up. The main couple won’t get married?

Korea is going to remake JTV. I think since the original, they’ve had 2 remakes which includes this American version. It could be more but only I know of two versions.

Last edited by Muffy_Simba; 07-23-2019 at 01:08 AM Reason: Added more
Old 07-23-2019, 10:34 AM
Passionate Fan

I know of 4 version beside jtv. Korean one would make 5
Old 07-23-2019, 10:35 AM
Passionate Fan

I know of 4 versions beside jtv. Korean one would make 5
Old 07-23-2019, 10:41 AM
Dedicated Fan

Justin is doing an interview on Access and someone on Twitter said they showed a clip from tomorrow's episode:

Spoiler:

Ugh.

Last edited by flowerpetals; 07-23-2019 at 11:33 AM
Old 07-23-2019, 12:01 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Justin is doing an interview on Access and someone on Twitter said they showed a clip from tomorrow's episode:

Spoiler:

Ugh.
If Jane & Rafeal accept. They won't move in that episode because
Spoiler:

@perfangel. Thanks for that info.

Last edited by Muffy_Simba; 07-23-2019 at 02:51 PM Reason: Added something
Old 07-23-2019, 02:40 PM
New Fan

What does it say about me that that spoiler doesn't really bother me? Although I guess I understand the desire for them to
Spoiler:

I have been traveling basically all month and its been so hard to keep up with JTV and this thread but I finally am & am so sad its now all over next week.

That said, I desperately want that miracle baby!!! I hope we start to see signs now and its not some flash forward where they had the kid years later after they got married - I want to see some signs she might be pregnant (exhaustion, morning sickness, irritability, etc) & then her & Raf's reactions. Hopefully this week's ep begins to tease that?? Or maybe she finds out right before the wedding?

A main reason I think/hope miracle baby will happen beyond all of the foreshadowing (great Insta video btw!!) is the practicality – since they think Raf is sterile, they likely aren’t using any birth control at ALL.

As for River... I personally LOVE Brooke Shields on this show and find all of the puns of her name – River Fields and her daughter, Pond – hysterical. Just so so funny. She is such a great comedic actress. But too much screen time in these final eps for sure. Like, I can do without. Or just cut them in half in terms of quantity and run time and we good.

As for how Jane and Michael would have inevitably broken up – because I agree with everyone who has mentioned this already: I personally thought after he was shot in the S2 finale, he’d be in a coma/unresponsive for way longer (like half the season at least) and Jane and Raf would grow close in the interim as they raised Mateo and he helped her out with Michael… and just as she finally began to realize she’d fallen for Raf again & accept Michael wasn’t coming back, he’d wake up. She’d try to make it work with him out of guilt & what not, but too much time had gone by and she was still drawn to Raf, so her & Michael break up. If done right it wouldn’t make her look like a flake or like Raf was 2nd choice…

They did basically end up doing a version of this, but Michael “died” & Jane fell for Raf again before Michael came back from the dead… but I personally would have loved to watch Michael being tortured by how happy Jane & Raf were together the same way Raf was tortured watching Jane & Michael together – his amnesia & then quick return to Montana in S5 robbed us of that. Even when he was "jealous" after he got his memories back, it rang hollow, at least to me. But whatevs, I’ll take it I guess since Jafael are end game.
Old 07-23-2019, 04:56 PM
Part-Time Fan

Spoiler:
Old 07-23-2019, 05:16 PM
Addicted Fan

Did y’all see Justin’s IG post? I love how the cast can joke about this stuff. It’s fun. Even Brett commented on it.

@Selena. When did she kick him? He lost it when Luisa took everything from him. He hasn’t lived there since 3x20. Luisa then moved out his stuff in 4x01. Petra cannot kick out the co owner which he was up until the end of 3x20. He lived with Alba, then rented the studio, then the apartment they live in now.

Last edited by Muffy_Simba; 07-23-2019 at 07:59 PM
Old 07-23-2019, 06:45 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffy_Simba (View Post)
Did y’all see Justin’s IG post? I love how the cast can joke about this stuff. It’s fun. Even Brett commented it.
Apparently, he had to delete it because people took him seriously. I missed it. What did he say? Gosh, fans can go way overboard at times.

|| Hook♥Emma || Rafael♥Jane || Ash♥Michael ||
|| Danny♥Lindsay | Dylan♥Kelly | Alex♥Izzie | Lucky♥Sam | Emett♥Bay ||
| Lucas♥Peyton | Pacey♥Joey | Clark♥Chloe | Jeff♥Ginger | Angel♥Cordy | Charlie♥Kirtsen | Neal♥Sara |

Old 07-23-2019, 07:54 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by .bian.carsan. (View Post)
Apparently, he had to delete it because people took him seriously. I missed it. What did he say? Gosh, fans can go way overboard at times.
It was a video. A teen girl (Jane) is standing in front of a school leaning on the front stairs, then a teen boy (Michael) slides down beside her, then another teen boy (Rafeal) slides down and knocks teen Michael off the stairs onto the ground and teen Rafeal walks off with teen Jane. It's a video someone made. I don't know the story behind the original video but it was a hilarious post.

All these “blue check” folks on Twitter keeping talking about how emotional and beautiful the series finale is. Next week we say goodbye forever.

Last edited by Muffy_Simba; 07-23-2019 at 09:24 PM
Old 07-23-2019, 09:44 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffy_Simba (View Post)
All these “blue check” folks on Twitter keeping talking about how emotional and beautiful the series finale is. Next week we say goodbye forever.
The positive reviews for the finale make me giddy, but I'm so very sad that the end is fast approaching. But as much as I'll miss the show and these characters, I'm happy for the happy ending that we're getting. Hard to say goodbye, but grateful for the endgame.

Most shows don't get to end with the creator's original vision and on their own timeline - they either get canceled/cut too early and have a rushed ending or no ending at all, or they get extended beyond the show's original intent and the characters and storytelling end up suffering because of it (more is not always better).
Closed Thread   Post New Thread