Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2007, 12:09 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Almost everyone is okay with the ED ship because there is no reason to really be against it. It's just sort of default. And because it's default, no one gets fired up about it and they don't have die hard fans.
You're right. Every time a show begins, the first thing they do is set up who will be the primary couple. Within the first 3 minutes of Friends, Rachel ran into the coffee house and Ross had stuttered his way through greeting her hello. Dawson's Creek opened with Dawson and Joey in bed together. That '70s Show opened with Donna saying she thought Eric was cute now that he had a car. All of them ended up the primary couples, and several years later, lots of people were looking to the secondary couple on the show because they had more development going on.

Quote:
Their home problems were more complex, their relationship problems were more complex, and when you get down to it their characters were more complex. There is just so much more to them and that's why fans love them so passionately. That's why fans felt so heartbroken by what happened.
And we just wish EDers would realise that. They lit up a storm when Donna dated Casey, and that lasted 5 episodes. We had A YEAR of watching Hyde and Jackie rip into each other as if they'd never dated.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:11 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
And we're just better.
We are! I don't see EDers looking for **** shots of Topher. (Probably because everyone would start )
Old 06-28-2007, 12:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
And we just wish EDers would realise that. They lit up a storm when Donna dated Casey, and that lasted 5 episodes. We had A YEAR of watching Hyde and Jackie rip into each other as if they'd never dated.
Also, EDers loathe Randy because he dated Donna... and what... Sam and Hyde is a nice couple to them? Eric and Donna were broken up and Donna was just trying to move on. Randy was pretty much innocent... it was just something normal that people do, just like when Donna dated Casey. But MARRYING A ****ING STRIPPER AND STAYING WITH HER WHEN YOU SAID YOU WANTED TO MARRY THE GIRL YOU LOVE IS NOT NORMAL!!!!!

Okay, I'm done.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:12 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
That's right. But when he married Sam and called Jackie a skanky ****, let her fall into a lake, and helped Fez dye her hair green? He kinda lost his charm a wee bit.
Yeah, just a wee.

Quote:
We'd be ****ing stupid not to feel hurt and offended by how badly they ruined his character and how they made him treat Jackie.
THAT, right there, just shows what a bunch of selfish, crybaby bitches they are. They can't even see that. We LOVED them and then look at what happened, what they did to them? OF COURSE we're gonna be upset. ANYBODY would be upset. THEY would have been devastated. Why don't they get pissed with the writers instead of at us? Why not say, "Man, after all those years, they should have just been put together." I mean, they don't conflict with the ED ship at all. What's the ****ing problem? How could Hyde winding up white trash and alone be a good thing? And Jackie ending up with *gag* Fez at the last second? Yeah, a year later, we're still bitching and it might get annoying BUT what else are we gonna do, accept it? HELLLLLLLL NOOOOOOO!!
Old 06-28-2007, 12:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh, I missed the hug! Get back in the circle! I want to ****ing hug!

Ok, I'm better now!

Goons just hate the fact that our couple is hotter.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:14 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
We had A YEAR of watching Hyde and Jackie rip into each other as if they'd never dated.
And having to watch him **** some strange whore and rub it in Jackie's face. No closure. No goodbye. No break-up scene. Not even a fight. She doesn't even cry. JACKIE. Is "over him" by the next episode. Yeah right. Come on. I have never seen such a WTF??? situation in my whole life.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
How could Hyde winding up white trash and alone be a good thing? And Jackie ending up with *gag* Fez at the last second? Yeah, a year later, we're still bitching and it might get annoying BUT what else are we gonna do, accept it? HELLLLLLLL NOOOOOOO!!
Whoever thinks that we would take this **** lying down is a basket case. We LOVE our ship. What happened to them is so ****ing ludicrous, and we know it is! We're never just going to "accept" it because that's not how it was suppose to be. We were going to get our zennie ending and you guys know it if Topher and Ashton didn't leave and Wilmer didn't throw a bitch fit. How they broke JH up was just so ****ing cruel and unusual, there is no way we can just get over it.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:16 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenkindoflove (View Post)
Also, EDers loathe Randy because he dated Donna... and what... Sam and Hyde is a nice couple to them? Eric and Donna were broken up and Donna was just trying to move on. Randy was pretty much innocent... it was just something normal that people do, just like when Donna dated Casey. But MARRYING A ****ING STRIPPER AND STAYING WITH HER WHEN YOU SAID YOU WANTED TO MARRY THE GIRL YOU LOVE IS NOT NORMAL!!!!!

Okay, I'm done.
Randy was a pain in the ass and we'll admit to that. We don't pretend to love him just to spite them.

Quote:
How could Hyde winding up white trash and alone be a good thing? And Jackie ending up with *gag* Fez at the last second? Yeah, a year later, we're still bitching and it might get annoying BUT what else are we gonna do, accept it? HELLLLLLLL NOOOOOOO!!
****, I'd rather jump out of a plane than accept Season 8!

Oh wait...
Old 06-28-2007, 12:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
****, I'd rather jump out of a plane than accept Season 8!

Oh wait...
Old 06-28-2007, 12:18 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvcali76 (View Post)
And having to watch him **** some strange whore and rub it in Jackie's face. No closure. No goodbye. No break-up scene. Not even a fight. She doesn't even cry. JACKIE. Is "over him" by the next episode. Yeah right. Come on. I have never seen such a WTF??? situation in my whole life.
I actually rewatched Season 8 episodes after I downloaded them to see if I'd missed something. If my computer was messing up and skipping scenes when one ended because it does not make sense for a 2 year relationship to end that way. Which brings us back to the writers messing up.

Ha. Between them and the EDers, is it any wonder we're so angry? We're getting blows from both sides.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvcali76 (View Post)
The biggest thing of it all is we didn't have any closure. If there was just some kind of conversation where we would have understood their feelings or Hyde's reasonings, we probably wouldn't be as ticked off as we were. At least we would be able to go back to that.

But we got absolutely ****ing nothing. Nothing, nothing, nothing.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
So between them and the EDers, we're a tad angry.
Hehe, you're all about the understatements today, aren't you?
Old 06-28-2007, 12:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ok, I thought this was funny, someone posted this from IMDb

In a internet poll for some magazine (I forgot which), it asked who was your favorite TV couple...

A. Luke and Lorelai
B. Ross and Rachel
C. ???
D. Jackie and Hyde

I'm suprised they didn't say Eric and Donna instead.

The response:

they rarely put the "realistic" couples there...all about the angst and drama

Oh, of course. Because real life isn't full of angst and drama. Real life is filled with rainbows and fairy dust and big cuddley unicorns.

I just don't ****ing get it.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
they rarely put the "realistic" couples there...all about the angst and drama
Because in real life you fall in love with the girl next door and your first girlfriend/boyfriend is the one you stay with for the rest of your life.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:21 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
How they broke JH up was just so ****ing cruel and unusual
Yeah, it just boggles the mind that a group of people thought that was acceptable and ok. Did NO ONE say "Whoa. Whoa. Wait a minute. What the hell are we doing?"

I mean, it was just so cruel. Like, seriously. It was really mean and heartless. And it's not just Hyde I'm talking about, it's those writers. It makes me question their humanity and their ability to empathize with others. You know? It's like they felt it for E and D, like they treated them like real people, while they treated the other four like objects, simply there to invoke laughs. Not in the first five or six seasons, and seven it got worse, but it was tolerable, by eight, it just seemed like a bunch of sub-humans were writing those scripts.