Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2007, 10:25 AM
Master Fan

Okay, that makes sense since the clip was from a German site.

My daughter just brought home her Scholastic book order form for the month and who do you think was in there?? That's right. Jack and Lizzie. Their books come together in a Sparrabethlicious little set.

Here are Jack and Elizabeth screen caps from the new clip.

rumsoakedwaffle: SCREENCAPS
Old 04-24-2007, 10:33 AM
Elite Fan

HA! I love when he gets sad that the guy doesn't seem to tknow his name. "It's Capt. Jack Sparrow."

Oh, and thanks Vanessa.
Old 04-24-2007, 10:39 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvcali76 (View Post)
HA! I love when he gets sad that the guy doesn't seem to tknow his name. "It's Capt. Jack Sparrow."
I know, that cracked me up, too.

He's all pouty. Poor Jack.
Old 04-24-2007, 11:07 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah, who doesn't know Captain Jack Sparrow?
Old 04-24-2007, 01:17 PM
Master Fan

Apparently Beckett doesn't.

What is tht clip supposed to mean?

Spoiler:
Old 04-24-2007, 03:12 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, well, that's what I got. He knows him but doesn't recognize him, probably because it's been too long, but still I didn't get why he didn't recognize him, could it because he didn't use to look like that? I don't know, guess we'll find out

BTW, I finished my video BUT WMM is being such a pain in the *** that when I try to save it, it stops at 80%. I've been working on it for the last two days and not ONCE was it working well. I'll try to save it IF I can. I'm working on another one at the time, there's some defaults in them but I think they're still great!
Old 04-24-2007, 03:36 PM
Master Fan

Oooh can't wait to see them
Old 04-24-2007, 03:59 PM
Dedicated Fan

I actually got that he did know who he was, but just didn't get the whole "I'm Captain Jack Sparrow!" thing. But that's just me, could be wrong.

Icon by BlackWhiteRose
Old 04-24-2007, 04:03 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, that makes sense, too.
Old 04-24-2007, 04:20 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I actually got that he did know who he was, but just didn't get the whole "I'm Captain Jack Sparrow!" thing. But that's just me, could be wrong.
I agree. I think Jack was upset cause he didn't yell out "Capt. Jack Sparrow!" with the dramatical effect he was looking for.
Old 04-24-2007, 04:23 PM
Master Fan

That's right!!

When you see Capt Jack (or even hear him mentioned) you are supposed to yell out "Captain Jack Sparrow", dammit!!!

Lizzie did
Old 04-24-2007, 06:33 PM
Master Fan

Tanith OMG can you give us Pics of the books? I got the Scholastic books from DMC and one of them was all about Jack and the Elizabeth one was clearly Willabeth (cause the author was) I'd LOVE to see pictures of a Sparrabeth one *bats eyes*
NOW i HAVE A good question,at another forum (and some of you might know) a friend of mine started a discussion of the fact that in DMC Jack may have already been willing to die that Liz just helped him but he was going to die for her anyways (which I agree)
But this one guy (whose totally annoying) says we are wrong ,that the compass doesnt point to her it pointed to his crew and the ship and that THATS what he went back for not HER,that he doesnt love her and is going so far as to say He hates her
so My question (I know the guy is wrong about Jack and his love for Lizzie) is What do you think Jacks true intentions were? Do you think he would have died for Elizabeth anyways or not?
Old 04-24-2007, 06:53 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraSidleStokes (View Post)
Tanith
NOW i HAVE A good question,at another forum (and some of you might know) a friend of mine started a discussion of the fact that in DMC Jack may have already been willing to die that Liz just helped him but he was going to die for her anyways (which I agree)
But this one guy (whose totally annoying) says we are wrong ,that the compass doesnt point to her it pointed to his crew and the ship and that THATS what he went back for not HER,that he doesnt love her and is going so far as to say He hates her
so My question (I know the guy is wrong about Jack and his love for Lizzie) is What do you think Jacks true intentions were? Do you think he would have died for Elizabeth anyways or not?
I actually know exactly what you are talking about. I don't really post at that forum, but I have been following along on that topic. And, yes...he is slightly annoying

I think that going down with the ship was sort of a half-formed in Jack's mind when he said 'We're not out of this yet, love' (or some approximation of that phrase). It is just, to me, evident in his manner and look in the scene. Elizabeth just helped him to make the decision. And, had the shackles not come out, I think that The Kiss would have bound him to the ship as much as anything else. He probably would have kept running if it had been just him, or even just the crew. But, Elizabeth seems to be fated to bring him down and bring him up at the same time. So, without the shackles, I really do think that he would have gone all noble in the end.

And, in regards to Jack's love for Lizzie-- I think that he officially fell in love with Elizabeth when she shackled him and proved herself to be his match as a pirate. He was definitely attracted and drawn to her before, but that was the defining moment (I think) for Jack.

And, as to the compass...I have no words. I, for one, think that the compass is totally obvious. So, I won't bother with elaborating on that.

Icon by BlackWhiteRose
Old 04-24-2007, 06:53 PM
Master Fan

I agree, Audrey, when he's wandering around the ship as everyone else is getting off, I think he's contemplating going down with the ship.

But I go back and forth on whether or not he was actually going to do it. Sometimes I think he was because he wanted to save Lizzie and the crew. But sometimes I don't think he was going to because I think that maybe he's thinking about having a life with Lizzie.

The line, "it's only a ship, mate" clearly indicates that to him there is something more important than the Pearl. And I think that's Lizzie.

No one knows where the compass pointed to for Jack except Johnny. Even TnT indicated they didn't know where it pointed to (at least that's what they say now) Regardless, he came back for her - for all of them. I believe that the compass pointed to the Pearl and Lizzie.

It sounds like this guy is just trying to piss you off. Don't let him get to you.
Old 04-24-2007, 06:55 PM
Elite Fan

Tanith... fanny... the g-spot...

Hehe. That sounded So freaking dirty. But seriously, come on...