Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2011, 02:08 PM
Master Fan

I am very loyal to shows I have watched for over a year. The new shows I pick up, I can drop. Like I watched a few episodes of CSI Miami, CSI and Law and order, figured out they bored me, so I dropped them.

If I watch a show over a year though, I usually watch them till the end, GA being the exception just because of Shonda's horrid behavior towards TR.

I have stood by my soaps through stupid firings, deaths of favorite characters and lame stories because I always find at least one thing to keep me watching, one great story or character.

I stood by Mcleod in their 8th and last season after they had lost all their original characters for one character I grew to love in season 3 and a couple I found cute.

So if I drop a show, they must have really lost anything that kept me connected to it and become unbearably unrecognizable like Grey is.

Yeah, 3 to 5 episodes is usually good. The first episode of Mcleod I saw was weird but two episodes in, I fell in love with it and now it's my favorite show of all time.
Old 01-24-2011, 08:56 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I always find at least one thing to keep me watching,
Ya, for sure, I understand that. I think I need more than that to keep me going unless it's a show I've been watching for a while and am tired of, if there's something/someone strong enough left, I'll hang on.

~Red

[ icon ]
Old 01-25-2011, 10:12 AM
Master Fan

Well, I usually don't get tired of a show after a year or two. It takes a long time for me to start losing the love.

My soaps I have watched for 23 years, so I can forgive them anything and there is always that love for those shows.

And Mcleod, I started to lose the love a bit after season 6 when Nick and Tess left then in season 7, when the last original character left, so I wanted to watch the last season.

I did like the new characters, just didn't love it, so I still enjoyed it, just wasn't obsessed with it as I used to be.

With Grey, I just feel no attachment left at all, no enjoyment at all, so I can,t watch.

It doesn't help that Shonda annoys me.

Did you hear about Shonda omitting George and Izzie from the Grey prints? That woman is so unprofessional.
Old 01-27-2011, 08:49 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Did you hear about Shonda omitting George and Izzie from the Grey prints? That woman is so unprofessional.
No? I saw a link on the ABC site a little while ago for prints of "classic moments" or something, so I went to look. The page wasn't loading so I only saw one or two MerDer moments, but I thought I would go back and see what they had for George, Iz or MAGIC and maybe buy one. She actually specifically stated she didn't want them in the prints??

~Red

[ icon ]
Old 02-06-2011, 04:05 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bess Rackham (View Post)

No? I saw a link on the ABC site a little while ago for prints of "classic moments" or something, so I went to look. The page wasn't loading so I only saw one or two MerDer moments, but I thought I would go back and see what they had for George, Iz or MAGIC and maybe buy one. She actually specifically stated she didn't want them in the prints??

~Red
She didn't state it but the prints came out and neither George and Izzie were in there at all, even though it was for characters from seasons 3 to 7.
Old 02-07-2011, 05:14 PM
Extreme Fan

Ah, I see. I looked through them the other day and they weren't in any, no. That's pretty crappy, considering they were both a pretty large part of the show until fairly recently. *shakes head*

~Red

[ icon ]
Old 02-22-2011, 08:26 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bess Rackham (View Post)
Ah, I see. I looked through them the other day and they weren't in any, no. That's pretty crappy, considering they were both a pretty large part of the show until fairly recently. *shakes head*

~Red
I know. They were both left out completely. That is so unprofessional and unfair to all their fans.
Old 03-02-2011, 04:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

i thought shonda used to like them too? shes weird. its like she caters to the majority of the fanbse or something.
Old 03-04-2011, 09:32 AM
Extreme Fan

That's sure the way it comes off. Whoever is loudest gets their way.

~Red

[ icon ]
Old 03-17-2011, 08:31 PM
Master Fan

She does like them. She is just pissed at TR and Katie for leaving the show and is trying to punish hem by acting like they never existed.

She is unprofessional that way.

Katie and TR are not letting it get to them.

There were photos taken of them together last week, looking very happy and as friendly as ever.
Old 03-17-2011, 08:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That's great That even after everything that happened on the show and behind the scenes, they're still close. At least they have some good memories of those years
Old 03-21-2011, 10:06 AM
Extreme Fan

Agreed Ashley. I love seeing pics of Katie and TR out and about together post-Grey's!

~Red

[ icon ]
Old 03-22-2011, 07:16 AM
Master Fan

Yes, whatever horrible things happened on Grey, they met each other there and struck up the most beautiful friendship.
Old 03-22-2011, 08:33 AM
Extreme Fan

I love reading quotes from them about each other. KH said something like when she first came on set she had a crush on him because he was so cute and nice, and was dismayed that he wasn't interested.

~Red

[ icon ]
Old 03-29-2011, 10:10 AM
Master Fan

I love that. It annoyed me that people thought Izzie couldn't be possibly interested in a guy who looked like George in real life when Katie had a big crush on TR.

And I thought George was adorable. Those eyes, that smile, those eyelashes and the hands
Closed Thread   Post New Thread