Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2011, 09:07 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Now every time I see a picture of George, or an icon of him i just.. get so sad
SIGH. I know what you mean. I've been rewatching S5 to collect clips for future vids, and the very, very few times George pops up, I just feel heartbroken! Especially after just recently rewatching the previous seasons, where he's so present and full of life, and then S5, he's like wallpaper, and when he does get to speak, he seems so sad.

Quote:
Ooh, off to read your fic.

~Red

[ icon ]
Old 01-08-2011, 06:34 PM
Master Fan

Yes, George barely said a word in season 5 and we barely got to hear what he was thinking. Except for rare moments, he seemed nothing more than an extra which was so sad as he used to be so full of life, feelings and personality before. I hate that they did this to him.

It took me forever to even start watching George and GI videos again.

I just read the fic. My computer kept giving out yesterday.

I loved it. I loved the nice progression of their relationship so it actually made sense and people didn't go WTH is that coming from?
Old 01-08-2011, 06:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Im still sad with what happened with these two. They were a really cute couple and friends.
My LJ
Old 01-09-2011, 07:29 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainstorm Jenny (View Post)
Im still sad with what happened with these two. They were a really cute couple and friends.
I know. At least Shonda ressuscitated their friendship in the end. Their last scenes as he counselled her on her treatment and then in the elevator showed they were as close as ever.
Old 01-10-2011, 09:59 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
At least Shonda ressuscitated their friendship in the end.
Ya, it's true. As much we complain and as much as it absolutely sucks how S5 went down, at least the very few (and far between) moments we got were gorgeous and sweet.

Quote:
and we barely got to hear what he was thinking.
Which sucks so bad, but it's made me write numerous George-related, S5-related bits and fics to fill in the blanks, so I suppose it's not all bad.

~Red

[ icon ]
Old 01-12-2011, 10:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Especially after just recently rewatching the previous seasons, where he's so present and full of life, and then S5, he's like wallpaper, and when he does get to speak, he seems so sad.
This and what happened to George and Izzie as friends in S5 is why I dropped the show. George was my favorite charactor, Izzie second. I got into the show because of these guys and I left because of them.

Couples
GO BLUES Julie
Old 01-14-2011, 09:44 AM
Extreme Fan

^ Exactly, me too. Separately or together, those two were my favs and I couldn't stomach how they were treated. Even as the show got crappier, I continued to stick around for them, but left when they left.

~Red

[ icon ]
Old 01-14-2011, 11:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

They're trying to replace George and Izzie and have lunch room scenes and stuff and scenes in Mer's house, but I just don't like them. They're not the same
Old 01-15-2011, 05:24 PM
Extreme Fan

*SIGH* I've been watching a little bit of S6 on DVD recently as I'm trying to gather some footage for use in some vids I'm making and plan to make, and while I appreciate that the fab four and Lexie still have lunchtimes and often dotted with humor, it feels so hollow without George. It's like a few scenes in season 5 too, where they're trying to do an old time MAGIC scene, except it just wasn't right, or not all of them were there, or most of the time George was there but wouldn't have line.

~Red

[ icon ]
Old 01-15-2011, 05:24 PM
Extreme Fan

*SIGH* I've been watching a little bit of S6 on DVD recently as I'm trying to gather some footage for use in some vids I'm making and plan to make, and while I appreciate that the fab four and Lexie still have lunchtimes and often dotted with humor, it feels so hollow without George. It's like a few scenes in season 5 too, where they're trying to do an old time MAGIC scene, except it just wasn't right, or not all of them were there, or most of the time George was there but wouldn't have line.

~Red

[ icon ]
Old 01-15-2011, 06:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
They're trying to replace George and Izzie and have lunch room scenes and stuff and scenes in Mer's house, but I just don't like them. They're not the same
I miss those lunch room scenes. I am glad I stopped watching GA. I think I would just be angry with both them gone.

Couples
GO BLUES Julie
Old 01-16-2011, 09:41 PM
Master Fan

Yes, the last moments were magic and showed Shonda did get the magic of their connection. It felt as if she didn't show it because she was so afraid of angering the GI haters. It was annoying as everyone loved their friendship, but I think, deep down, she was a Gizzie fan too.

She always wrote their scenes with so much more depth than AI.

Red, your George fics were the best thing about the horrible season 5.

Same as everyone, I watched this show for George and Izzie, individually and together. Their horrible treatment chased me away.

I sometimes catch the MerDer scenes on YT but nothing else on this show interests me.

Ugh I can't believe they are trying to replace the fab 5. It will never work. I'm glad I am not watching either. It would make me mad.

BTW if anyone is interested, we are doing a george and Izzie hand-holding showdown on the Beautiful geek love thread on the main forum.
Old 01-17-2011, 09:42 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Red, your George fics were the best thing about the horrible season 5.
Thanks Marie!

Quote:
I sometimes catch the MerDer scenes on YT
Ya, I occasionally try and see a Cristina/Owen scene or two, but even they barely interest me anymore.

~Red

[ icon ]
Old 01-20-2011, 09:52 PM
Master Fan

I know. I love MerDer but I am so disconnected from Grey now, I barely watch even their scenes.

I just don't have that love anymore. Shonda killed it, which is weird as I'm incredibly loyal to my show and usually never dump them no matter what.

God knows my soaps put me through hell and I still watch them.

In the end though, the Grey fics were better than the show.
Old 01-21-2011, 09:09 AM
Extreme Fan

Depends on the show for me, but generally I'm pretty loyal. When a new show starts, or I'm starting a show that's new to me, I try to give it the 3-5 episode Litmus test. That way I can get a chance to know the characters a bit, get the feel of the show, and decide whether i want to continue or not. Some shows have really sucky pilots but get better after that, or really great pilots and get worse after that (*coughFlashForward*), so the 3-5 Litmus can help with that.

That being said some shows suck so bad right off the bat (*coughOutsourcedcough*) I can't stomach giving them a chance. On the other hand, some shows pass the 3-5 Litmus test, so I keep watching, and then I feel committed to finish the season, so I do. I may never watch it again but I gave it more than a fair chance to impress me (*coughVcough*).

~Red

[ icon ]
Closed Thread   Post New Thread