Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2009, 11:20 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyt (View Post)
What don't you know how to use?

Exactly, George was her connection to the hospital and to the others. Without him, she's lost.
Twitter. I joined Shonda's page but I don't know how to send questions.

I know. George understood her better than anyone and loved her, flaws and all. The others might like her, but they don't really get her and know what makes her tick and what makes her happy the way George did.

She's totally lost without him. It's heartbreaking.
Old 12-27-2009, 07:19 PM
Extreme Fan

I finally watched that video...
So sad.
Old 12-27-2009, 11:23 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by greysaddiction (View Post)
I finally watched that video...
So sad.
I know. Seeing Izzie cry on George, with Mer and Alex looking devastated themselves, is just heartbreaking.

To lighten things up. Mark's speech still makes me want to slap him, but the end of the video is just brilliant. I guess Mark should have asked Izzie this question.

YouTube - Ask Izzie... About George*
Old 12-28-2009, 07:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariem201 (View Post)
Twitter. I joined Shonda's page but I don't know how to send questions.

I know. George understood her better than anyone and loved her, flaws and all. The others might like her, but they don't really get her and know what makes her tick and what makes her happy the way George did.

She's totally lost without him. It's heartbreaking.
Oh don't you just post? That's what I do when I use it.

I'm interested in how they'll write her back into the show.
Old 12-28-2009, 08:27 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Oh don't you just post? That's what I do when I use it.

I'm interested in how they'll write her back into the show.
That's it. I don't know how to post, but someone told me I just need to put the a and the name besides it.

I know she isn't taking questions until the New Year so I will try then.

I'm not sure it will make any difference, but hey, at least I would have tried.

I wonder how they will write Izzie back in too, and how they will write her out again as she is taking a maternity leave. I don't know how many episodes she will be back for.
Old 12-28-2009, 08:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Wow so this is the reason they didn't kill her too? So she could jump in and out of the show all year
Old 12-28-2009, 12:59 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Wow so this is the reason they didn't kill her too? So she could jump in and out of the show all year
Well, I think the maternity leave was sort of unexpected timing... Katie said that she and Josh thought that they were going to have to wait a very long time for a baby... but Naleigh came much faster than they thought.
Yes, the G/I fan in me wishes that Iz had gotten to step off that elevator with George and be with him in heaven.

Marie-- I think when Iz comes back in January, it is just for one epi... at least, that was my impression... She took a 5 epi leave which was broken up at 2 and 3, I think w/ one epi back in between... and then she was slated to be back, but with Naleigh she decided to take a maternity leave. I think she's back for the first epi after the break but that's it... unless anyone has any more up to date info?
Old 12-28-2009, 08:46 PM
Master Fan

Yes, I think getting Naleigh so soon affected things.

As a Gizzie fan, a big part of me hoped she and George would have gone to heaven together, especially given the way they have been writing her lately and the fans turning against her.

I'm pretty sure Katie will leave one day. She ahs a red-hot career and this would have been the perfect end for Izzie and Gizzie.

She has been so unhappy all season.
Old 12-28-2009, 09:24 PM
Extreme Fan

I know... Izzie's been so heartbroken this season... seems like an ending for her in S5 SF would have been better-- much more peaceful and perfect for her to be with George in heaven...
Old 12-29-2009, 08:24 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by greysaddiction (View Post)
I know... Izzie's been so heartbroken this season... seems like an ending for her in S5 SF would have been better-- much more peaceful and perfect for her to be with George in heaven...
Yes, and she has lost her bright shinyness. It's so sad. The worst thing is nobody but George seems able to understand her, and nobody is trying to find her and reach out to her. They are all angry at her, and acting like she is this terrible person when, in reality, she is just scared and lost.

George would get that.
Old 12-29-2009, 08:49 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Yes, and she has lost her bright shinyness. It's so sad. The worst thing is nobody but George seems able to understand her, and nobody is trying to find her and reach out to her. They are all angry at her, and acting like she is this terrible person when, in reality, she is just scared and lost.

George would get that.
Yes, but the reason that she is scared and lost is that George is dead.
How ironic is that?
Old 12-29-2009, 09:15 AM
Elite Fan

I haven't been in the GA fandom in what feels like forever, but they've been playing ads for this latest season on tv, and it's very George and Izzie focused with "Only one will live." and it's sad.

Since I haven't been keeping up.. can anyone give me a quick summary of what's been happening with Izzie on the show?
Old 12-29-2009, 09:43 AM
Master Fan

Well, losing her job and her cancer are other reasons she is scared, but yes, George dying is one of the main reasons. She mentioned her job was the only way she forgot Georfge died and she had cancer. She actually mentioned George being dead above her cancer, so it really shows how much this devastated her.

And he would get her fears, and make her feel better, but like you said, him being dead is one of the big reason why Izzie is acting the way she is.

Hey Kylie. I haven't been watching, but I have been catching a few Izzie scenes on Youtube.

From what I gather, Izzie came back to work as soon as she could and drowned herself in work, neglecting her cancer treatment.

She told Alex she had to work because, when she did, she forgot he (George) was dead and she had cancer. Alex reminded her working didn't change the fact George was dead and she had cancer and she had to take care of herself, because he couldn't be her nurse.

I know Alex and Izzie went to live in a trailer park outside the woods 9in Derek's trailer). Alex wanted to go back to Mer and Derek's house but Izzie told Alex she couldn't go back there after everything that had happened (not sure if she meant cancer or memories of George).

Not sure what happened with their living situation.

Then, the Mercy Westers arrived (both hospitals merged) and Izzie got into a fight with one of the newbies, Reed, after Reed took over George's locker. Izzie told her they kept the locker empty for a reason and to get anew locker. She was very upset, and Reed called her nuts. Izzie and she almost got into a physical altercation, and Alex had to stop it. Izzie told the other members of the fab 4 that the Mercy Westers had taken george's locker. She was sad about it.

She got friendly with one member of that group, a guy named Charles. According to the writer on Grey matter, Charkles reminded her of George a bit and filled some of the hole George's death had left. She later found out Charles was no George when she heard him call her his bitch (he was using her to get great surgeries). She confronted him, and he said he liked her, but at work, it was everyone for himself, and that was how things worked. Izzie told him it wasn't that way there, and talked about someone who had stepped in front of a bus for a total stranger without saying George's name. She told him he would never emasure up to the people they had lost.

She was so upset, she made a big mistake which almost killed a patient.

Alex told the chief to not fire Izzie as she needed that job, but he fired her anyway.

Later, the chief wanted to tell her Alex interceded in her favour, but it came out as if Alex had wanted her fired too. Izzie got very upset and cried her job was the only thing she had left, but the chief didn't budge.

Later, Alex found a note in his locker saying Izzie had left him.

He didn't hear from her for weeks until she gave him a call letting huim know she was ok. One episode, Alex waited for Izzie at the place where she gets her treatment and she never showed up.

She did show up in a later episode to take care of her old teacher, but she was angry and she and Alex ended up fighting. He blamed her for leaving him with a note, and she told him she had taken a lot for him, but now because of him, she had lost her job, the only thing she had left. He was angry she would believe this of him, and she was gone again.

Izzie was very angry at everyone in this episode, even with Mer. I get she is switching her feelings off and not deakling with them.

She is suppose to come back soon, but then Katie has another leave coming up so not sure what will happen with her.

Let's just say it has not been a good season for poor Izzie.
Old 12-29-2009, 10:31 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks Marie!

Sounds like Izzie is very broken without her George.
Old 12-30-2009, 05:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I hope they don't villainize her even more when she comes back.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread