Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2009, 03:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
But then, Shonda stopped being a good writer a long time ago.
So much WORD to this!
Old 11-26-2009, 02:38 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
BTW, I see you are not on the list of supporters. Do you want to be added?
yes, please!!!

BTW here in Greece GA ratings are very interesting.
1st season 20%
2nd season 24%
3rd season 29%
4rth season 27%
5th season 12%

People say that 5th season make no sense so most of them they quit watching and they start CSI New York with our greek goddess Melina Kanakaredes.
Old 11-26-2009, 10:05 AM
Master Fan

I will add you right now

Oh I love Melina Karakedes. I neverwatched CSI New York, but I loved her on Guiding Light where she played Eleni. Frankieee, hee he. Sorry, bringing back memories. She was such a beautiful woman, still is. My first girl crush, LOL.

I don't want to sound stupid, but what does 20% mean?

Ashley, you should stop the TR thread more often especially since Gwen and Cindyare both celebrating Thanksgiving. I feel alone there, sniff.

More gorgeous Gizzie art on the BGL thread btw.

Not sure if anyone ever read this fic, but it makes me smile:
Together Forever, a Grey's Anatomy fanfic - FanFiction.Net
Old 11-26-2009, 10:50 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I don't want to sound stupid, but what does 20% mean?
I guess we don't have the same measure system like USA or Canada
I 'll try to explain and you to understand with my english....
We measure percent and not people. We don't say this show had 3 million viewers. We say that 20% of people who had turn on their tv watch this show.
20% could mean 1 million or could mean 2 millions. It depends.
We are 10 millions so you get the idea.

But with numbers , about 1,5 millions watched GA until 4rth season. And last season the viewers was nearly 800.000. Season 5 final episode had only 672.000 viewers. People here stop care about this show.
And i'm not say they stop watch because George and Izzie broke up (if they were ever together), but to show you that people here care more if a show is good, not if their fav. characters or fav couples are together.
Season 5 sucks so they stop watching. Simple as that...
Old 11-26-2009, 11:52 AM
Master Fan

Ah, ok. I get it. LOL, I love the fact that season 3, the season where Gizzie was together had the best ratings.

I know that Gizzie is a lot more popular outside the US than they are in the US.

My cousin lives in Athens, and she stopped watching the show when Gizzie ended, especially when I told her why Shonda had ended them.

I stopped watching too, not just because Gizzie ended, though that was a big reason, but because the show lost its magic around the second half of season 4 and then season 5 was just awful.

I did hear Grey has went down the ratings in several countries, including Australia. No idea in Canada, I knew episode 6.3 had pretty good ratings but no idea after that.
Old 11-26-2009, 02:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

S3 had the highest ratings? That's great

I was at work Marie but I'll stop by now
Old 11-27-2009, 09:10 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyt (View Post)
S3 had the highest ratings? That's great

I was at work Marie but I'll stop by now
Yes it is. Even in the States, they had very high ratings in season 3, a lot higher that the ratings now post-Gizzie.

I didn't see you in the TR thread

Can I ask what you do if you don't mind?
Old 11-27-2009, 02:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I went and I didn't think anyone was on and then I came back here and checked to see if anyone posted after me but no one did so I went and watched HIMYM

I'm a lowly teller in a bank. And I go to school part-time. What about you?
Old 11-27-2009, 04:08 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I went and I didn't think anyone was on and then I came back here and checked to see if anyone posted after me but no one did so I went and watched HIMYM

I'm a lowly teller in a bank. And I go to school part-time. What about you?
No, I was working, but the thing is Gwen and Cindy are celebrating Thanksgiving so the TR thread is completely dead. I need someone to bump it up for me so it doesn't get lost on page 6 or 7. I would do it but I posted the last message and I don't want to double-post but I don't want the thread to get lost in the back pages in the meanwhile and nobody else has been posting there.

So if you could bump it up for me, it would be great.

Well, a bank teller is a good job. What are you studying in? I miss my studies sometimes. I love my job, but it's so much more work at times and more pressureÂ*.

You know the House of Commons and the Senate? They talk for 25 weeks every day. Well, I translate what they say. I produce the written French translation of what they say (there are other translators who do the French to English texts). Not sure if you know The hansard, but we produce it. That's our translations in it.

I have 13 weeks off, and for another 14 weeks, I have to find translation with other departments or the parliamentary committees or documents.

It's a great job, very interesting, lots of benefits, but lots and lots of work and pretty tough at times.
Old 11-27-2009, 04:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'll bump it I'm studying Business Admin.

So you're a francophone? That's very cool. I've never heard of the hansard. So are you there live at the House of Commons and translate there? Or is it done afterwards?
Old 11-27-2009, 10:42 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I'll bump it I'm studying Business Admin.

So you're a francophone? That's very cool. I've never heard of the hansard. So are you there live at the House of Commons and translate there? Or is it done afterwards?
Oh that sounds interesting.

Yes, I'm francophone from Montreal.

The hansard is published every day. It's the written transcript of everything our MPS and senators say, translated by us.

No, we aren't at the House. Those are the interpreters, the one who translate orally for TV. Since they have to translate simultaneously, they can't do the research we do and so their translations aren't perfected enough to be put in the written version that comes out anyway.

So they use interprets to translate right away for people who watch, but they use us for the written record of the deliberations.

We don't see the translation done by interprets at all. They send us written extracts and we translate.

The House stars sitting at 10 am and end around 6 or 7 pm usually and we start around 4 pm so when we start they have already been talking for hours.

That way, we can get the written versions of what they said.

It's about 100 000 words per day divided per 25 translators, so we do 3000 to 4000 a night. More if they have prolonged debate.

I probably have lost you completely by now, LOL.

BTW here is an exemple of the Hansard if you want to know what it's like (for French, you just put a F in the end instead of an E:
http://www2.parl.gc.ca/content/hoc/H...6/HAN116-E.PDF

Oh and thanks for bumping TR's therad up.
Old 11-28-2009, 04:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Wow That sounds like a lot of work. Watching the House and the Senate is boring to me so I could never do your job

You work for the government then right? That's a great job to have!
Old 11-28-2009, 04:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Credit: whattarush
Old 11-28-2009, 09:32 PM
Master Fan

Oh I thought it would be boring too, but it's hardly that. They talk about so many different subjects, from hockey to assisted suicide to finances. We do it all, and I learned so much stuff there.

Sometimes, they say the funniest stuff too.

It's hard though because they are talking without notes, so it's not always very easy to understand or of the highest quality.

Aww, I love that scene so much.

Izzie looks so upset in the beginning and a few seconds of conversation with George have her smiling and looking much better already.

He was the only one who could do this. He just made her smile and feel better no matter what.

I love his chin on her head and her head on his shoulder.

Could you post it on the BGL thread too?

Did you ever see this deleted Gizzie scene from season 3? She puts her head on his shoulder too.

YouTube - GA BONUS DISC

Oh and an amazingly beautiful video:
YouTube - George and Izzie " Buffy and Angel Theme Song"
Old 11-28-2009, 10:51 PM
Master Fan

Why isn't my message appearing?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread