Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2021, 02:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

^ The 6th gif (2x11) really gets to me because I'm re-watching season 2 and I've just got to the part where Tyler left with that nasty Jules after telling Matt "I fell her (Caroline) after she helped me".

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyesxx (View Post)
Yeah, it was klaroline fans that said that. Every time there was a new love scene or implied sex, they'd kinda be like 'oh look, forwood are having sex again!', as if people in loving relationships don't have sex...
Total jealousy on their parts that Candice always stayed loyal to Forwood and they were actually shown to be in a meaningful relationship that wasn't based solely on animal attraction.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 09-20-2021, 02:27 PM
Obsessed Fan

Oh, season 2... "I could never hate you".
Old 09-20-2021, 05:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

I love how when he returns and they're due to be sacrificed for the ritual, Caroline basically admits to Tyler that being with Matt couldn't fill the void left by Tyler.

Matt was ultimately the runner-up for both Elena and Caroline once Stefan and Tyler came along.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 09-20-2021, 07:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Poor Matt, none of his ships really worked for me

It was obvious that Caroline's second time around with Matt wasn't quite right, she had feelings for Tyler now & they weren't going away
Old 09-20-2021, 10:14 PM
Obsessed Fan

When she asked "Why did you leave me" in that hurt and broken voice everything became quite clear.

Last edited by rishik5; 09-21-2021 at 04:03 AM
Old 09-21-2021, 05:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

^ Yeah I loved that line. I think Tyler needed to hear that, too. He had probably thought up until then that his deep feelings were unrequited.

He definitely talked himself into believing that he had no chance at all with her after 2x13 when the werewolves attacked her.

Quote:
Poor Matt, none of his ships really worked for me
Yeah I always felt a little bad for him because he was left out of everything. But once he turned against Caroline in 2x16 for being a vampire, you could tell he was a liability and didn't feel as strongly about Caroline as she was led to believe. He could never be on her side the way Tyler was. He was too bitter about his sister's death to provide much sympathy for vampires or werewolves.
It took him a LONG time to adjust to any of it, and even then he was just used for a newly vamped Elena to feed on. Basically a 'human blood bag' as Stefan would say.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 09-21-2021, 06:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Oh, Tyler definitely felt like his feelings were on sided, he got his hopes up a bit more at the end of season 2, but he was also happy to have her in his life as his friend if she didn't feel the same way. It wasn't until she kissed him that he got that she felt the same way

Yeah, Matt never really fit into the show for me, I don't know if they just wanted to have that one character to keep human, but his story was pretty boring
Old 09-22-2021, 04:50 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Yeah, Matt never really fit into the show for me, I don't know if they just wanted to have that one character to keep human, but his story was pretty boring
Same here. The only reason he stayed alive was because he was under Julie Plec's protection. She vowed she would never kill Matt. The blatant favoritism was another major flaw of this show
Old 09-23-2021, 08:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Oh, it definitely was. You could tell so easily that Julie had her faves out of the cast
Old 09-25-2021, 04:50 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

I never really got into Matt/Caroline. He never treated her that great IMHO. And it was clearly a pair the spares scenario.
Old 09-26-2021, 02:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Yeah, it was like there was nothing else to do with either of their characters at the time, & they were never on the same page, it always felt like Matt wasn't happy with something Caroline had said or done...

https://vampire-diariesgifs.tumblr.com/post/60096744957

Old 10-20-2021, 05:14 AM
Part-Time Fan

Yeah, Matt only looked good at first because he came right after Damon. I felt like that was the reason some got on board at first.

https://teamlockwood.tumblr.com/post/65343825903

I love a soulmate connection
Old 10-20-2021, 12:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Me too! She could always feel him when he was near!
Old 10-20-2021, 01:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Can I be added to the shippers list?
Old 10-20-2021, 06:54 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Me too! She could always feel him when he was near!