Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2013, 03:12 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaSam4Life (View Post)
I feel like just because JR taught him that doesn't mean he has to follow in his footsteps. I would think there would be millions of ways for him to get whatever Emma has.
Oh I agree, but with someone like Emma, sex is clearly the easiest way (or pills) to get her to do something for you.

I think we will see him realize, especially once Sue Ellen finds out that if he goes down JRs road, he will wind up alone and miserable. There's a way to honor his father and be successful, while learning from his mistakes. I hope by the end of season 3, he realizes that and has an epiphany. I still dont believe the show put John Ross and Pamela together, just to shatter them (especially so soon). So much more story to tell with them to waste on a dumb cheating storyline with Emma.
Old 10-05-2013, 04:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Everyone's welcome for the thread

I don't mind JR being a cunning schemer at all but cheating on Pamela is just too much.
Old 10-05-2013, 04:37 PM
Ultimate Fan

Can I be added I love them together.
Old 10-05-2013, 04:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Of course! Adding you now
Old 10-05-2013, 05:07 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by holding on to memories (View Post)
Of course! Adding you now
Me too? I guess I should've asked a few days ago
Old 10-05-2013, 05:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmm349 (View Post)
Me too? I guess I should've asked a few days ago
No worries, I'm on it
Old 10-05-2013, 08:30 PM
Elite Fan

Welcome new shippers!

Diana
Old 10-06-2013, 04:07 AM
Ultimate Fan

Thanks
Old 10-06-2013, 06:27 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Oh I agree, but with someone like Emma, sex is clearly the easiest way (or pills) to get her to do something for you.

I think we will see him realize, especially once Sue Ellen finds out that if he goes down JRs road, he will wind up alone and miserable. There's a way to honor his father and be successful, while learning from his mistakes. I hope by the end of season 3, he realizes that and has an epiphany. I still dont believe the show put John Ross and Pamela together, just to shatter them (especially so soon). So much more story to tell with them to waste on a dumb cheating storyline with Emma.
I agree. I don't want to see him ruin what was and still could be his happy ending. I thought I heard this pairing was suppose to happen from the get go? I thought some one said it was suppose to happen in the pilot.
Old 10-06-2013, 06:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Gotta admit, I saw some serious chemistry between JR and Pamela when they first met.
Old 10-07-2013, 07:19 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
He said this at a TNT party at the end of July: Dallas Season 3 Teasers: Ann to Ewing Energies? John Ross to Spiral? - TV Fanatic

TVF: Does John Ross have genuine affection and love for Pamela?

Josh Henderson: Absolutely. He loves Pamela, he does. But at the end of the day, he was taught how to do business one way and that was from JR and that was you can love a woman, she can be your wife but everyone is open game when it comes to business. And if you meet a woman that you feel you can manipulate, have in your pocket, blackmail, use her two steps ahead in the future, you do it. That’s all he knows. That’s how he was taught.

TVF: Do you think that’s what Emma is to him? Business?

Josh Henderson: We don’t know. I think that in a way they understand each other a little bit when it comes to the parent thing. Obviously he’s got his stuff with Pamela which is like a Romeo and Juliet thing, the enemy’s daughter. And I think they understand each other always wanting to make their fathers proud and try to live up to their fathers’ expectations. I think he relates obviously, to Pamela a lot of ways and to Emma a few ways, as well. If it’s real, we don’t know. If I had to guess, it’s just a move about business. That’s why you could see as soon as he entered that hotel room, he went straight for that bag she brought. What’s in that bag? We don’t know. But it’s something big.
pmm349,

I am very happy to see you here too. I loved this interview Josh. The fact that John Ross loves only one woman, and that woman is Pamela, this is not news to me. What I liked most is that he talked about Emma, she means nothing to John Ross is only one way of getting some information for the businesses it. I think when Pamela find out about the affair, she will suffer for feeling cheated by it all the time, and he does not love her. And while John Ross will suffer too, because he knows that he alone is to blame for her suffering. What distinguishes John Ross his father, he is also going to suffer when the affair is uncovered, what if it was unlikely to happen with JR and Sue Ellen.
Old 10-07-2013, 07:25 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Gotta admit, I saw some serious chemistry between JR and Pamela when they first met.
They only had one scene though. I couldn't tell from that. It wasn't until season the hostage arc that I saw it.
Old 10-07-2013, 08:50 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaSam4Life (View Post)
They only had one scene though. I couldn't tell from that. It wasn't until season the hostage arc that I saw it.
I couldn't really tell until Season 2 myself. The scenes in the first 2 episodes in the penthouse were hot, along with the morning "I like to be on top" scene...but I still couldn't tell if that was like the trucking heiress/Marta, etc or if it was something real. The scene that first revealed it to me was when he visits her at night and basically said "Did he hit you?" regarding Tommy and she asked "Why do you care?" and then you could tell he did care and you could tell she was touched he asked. Then they did it on the desk lol.

The hostage scene confirmed it for me and from there it was only enhanced for me, even the bad scenes. Basically every scene in episodes 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 you could tell there was something real there, and by the end I was convinced it was love. Even during JR's memorial when she came and he snapped at her, there was still alot of emotion there. Or when she came to see him before the rig explosion and he apologized for being rough with her. The only inkling I've seen that it isn't real was the final scene with Emma, but even then you can clearly tell that John Ross went for the briefcase first, not the half naked Emma. He didn't even hand her the flowers, he tossed them on the dresser! Whereas when he went to Pamela's house to get business documents from her computer in episode 11, he could have done that and left...with her never knowing, since she was so messed up, but instead he brought her inside, got her a blanket, made her tea, talked with her, and helped her come back from the brink.

I'm expecting while John Ross will continue his bad ways for awhile in S3, I also expect a ton of angst and longing on his part too for Pamela. In a way, I expect him to be alot like he was in episode 9 towards her. He may be standoffish, but still doesn't want to let her go. Even though he just slept with Allison Jones, you could tell he was guilty because he wouldn't look her in the eye...and when she turned to go, he wanted her to go to the rig. I think we will see some of that in S3. After awhile, the drinking and women and maybe drugs, (plus whatever else John Ross does), will make him feel empty inside. Then he might realize he had what he wanted all along and never realized it.
Old 10-07-2013, 12:51 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I did too. I find them to be the only couple on Dallas to have chemistry tbh.
"Me and you..."
"It's a date."
Old 10-07-2013, 03:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I like EC but no way they have as much chemistry as JR/Pamela.

While watching S1, I didn't really pay attention to JR/P, they were more of an AU ship and I don't like those, but recently I watched their first meeting again and when they looked at each other and smiled, the spark was there.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread