Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2013, 08:23 PM
Elite Fan

I hope it comes back in the winter. I know the competition is fierce, but I can't wait 14 months for a new season.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:29 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostcandy (View Post)
I hope it comes back in the winter. I know the competition is fierce, but I can't wait 14 months for a new season.
Yeah, 14 months is way too long!
Old 04-23-2013, 08:45 PM
Obsessed Fan

I still think they should break up the season, to be honest. Air half of it in the winter, the other half in the spring/summer. I am already on the verge of a meltdown and the show only ended eight days ago. This girl cannot survive another year without her ship, y'all.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:50 PM
Elite Fan

^^^ I think that's the best option. TNT has been successful with that schedule with other shows. I hope they try it with Dallas.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:49 PM
Master Fan

I agree with you guys! They should split up the season into half. And also, I'd love for the show to get like 22 episodes in the next season!

"I will not let anything happen to you."
Walter and Paige

credit for the icon: Chiara G
Old 04-23-2013, 10:32 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules166 (View Post)
I agree with you guys! They should split up the season into half. And also, I'd love for the show to get like 22 episodes in the next season!
I would love that too, but it airing on cable is a completely different ballgame in terms of episodes. I thought they did awesome with fifteen and at a minimum, would like to see us end up with that number again.

More would no doubt be nice, but I'll go with negotiating another 15 eps.
Old 04-23-2013, 10:34 PM
Part-Time Fan

Old 04-23-2013, 10:58 PM
Elite Fan

Thank you. His face.

Still on youtube watch clips. I haven't seen this scene since the episode aired.

Christopher wasn't much of a husband.

Last edited by Lostcandy; 04-23-2013 at 11:09 PM
Old 04-23-2013, 11:10 PM
Master Fan

That whole hospital episode CLEARLY showed John Ross's feelings for Pamela.

He was the one who kept asking "how is she?" or "can we see her?"

Also, he even told Chris to go and check on Elena while he wanted to stay with Pamela. John Ross refused to leave Pamela's side even for a second.

By the way, here is a clip of Sue Ellen giving her eulogy for JR. She says "You were the love of my life." And the letter he wrote to her was so touching. He talked about loving her so much.
Sue Ellen's moving eulogy to the love of her life, J.R. Ewing (Dallas TNT 2x08) - YouTube

Fans should be HAPPY that our Pamela/John Ross are basically being compared to SOULMATES. And such an epic supercouple.

I wish fans would look at the comparison to Sue Ellen/JR as more of a compliment rather than a bad thing. I think that's an epic couple right there. Sure, there were a lot of problems and such. But their love was eternal. Also, the writers won't have Pamela become an alcoholic or anything like that.

Walter and Paige

Old 04-23-2013, 11:18 PM
Elite Fan

JR's sad eyes are heartbreaking. I'm going to rewatch the whole episode. I don't think JR went home. I wish they had a scene with Afton and Sue Ellen. I think they might have filmed one and it got cut. Love this scene with John Ross, Pamela and Afton.

When I think of people comparing them to JR/SE, I do think it's about being each other's one and only not that they are going to do everything wrong that the couple did. JR/PR have a push/pull dynamic that JR/SE had. I can see that being a big part of how they handle obstacles in their relationship.
Old 04-23-2013, 11:35 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostcandy (View Post)

When I think of people comparing them to JR/SE, I do think it's about being each other's one and only not that they are going to do everything wrong that the couple did. JR/PR have a push/pull dynamic that JR/SE had. I can see that being a big part of how they handle obstacles in their relationship.

Beautifully said. Pamela and John Ross are soulmates. That's how I see them. They know each other probably better than anyone else. And they know their flaws/imperfections. And they can be themselves with one another.

Anyone care to speculate what might happen in season 3? I guess we might be able to take the recent "backlash" to the Emma thing into consideration, in terms of what the writers might do to fix that issue?

What do you think will happen? Will they keep the "cheating" scene? Or "change" it? Reverse it somehow? If they do keep it in as a one time cheating thing, when would Pamela find out? What would she do?

Any predictions?

Because right now, I honestly have NO IDEA what will happen in the next season. Usually, I can take a guess. But now, I don't have any clue.

Walter and Paige

Old 04-23-2013, 11:51 PM
Elite Fan

I have no idea. If they keep the cheating scene, I think Pamela is going to find out very quickly. It's hard to predict how she's going to react. She might keep her cool and secretly plan revenge, or she might lay down some ground rules and threaten John Ross if he does it again. I don't know. I would like to see John Ross try to earn the right to give her that ring of her grandmother's.

There are several ways they could fix it. I honestly thought Pamela was going to walk in the room when I watched that scene. I think it would be shocking and very daring to have her in on the plan. It definitely fits John Ross and Pamela's characters.

I like the scenario of John Ross drugging Emma like Marta did him. I wouldn't mind an Emma murder mystery where she dies and John Ross and Pamela think each other did it. I can see them protecting each other or either destroying each other. It depends on the status of their marriage.

As for season three, I would like to see them enter into a real relationship. It will be hard. I can see John Ross having a hard time with the fact that Pamela is the one with the power in the relationship. I can see them fighting for being on top. I also want to see them go on a date. I know it's too "normal" for them, but it could be fun to see what a date with them would look like.

As for them as individuals, I want John Ross to realize he is not his father and try to find his own identity know that he doesn't have his father around.
I will like to see Pamela in the role as President of Barnes Global more. I also will like to see her relationship with Sue Ellen grow.
Old 04-24-2013, 02:04 AM
Master Fan

Interesting ideas!

I do hope the "cheating" scene will be fixed somehow. As you've said, perhaps Pamela is in on it. One thing I've noticed is that we didn't see Pamela in the ending scene at all. She wasn't at the party which was really odd since she is his wife. Why didn't she come to the party? It just seemed weird. And also, YES, John Ross could "drug" Emma and make her think the "sex" had happened. That's another good option you've mentioned.

IF they decide to keep that cheating scene in, I actually don't want for Pamela to find out right away. The reason is because I want to see John Ross and Pamela grow closer to each other and fall in love with each a lot more. I want to see more scenes of them bonding and connecting and getting to know each other a lot more. If the secret comes out soon, it will basically stop any progression in their relationship, in my opinion. Because I think Pamela will just plot revenge, then.

IF the secret comes out later on after we've seen many episodes of John Ross and Pamela falling more and more in love with each other, then I think there will be more angst. And by that time, we'll be sure that they are fully in love with each other.

I also want to see more playful/fun scenes with them where they are laughing and just being a young couple. You know, the simple things like Pamela trying to make him breakfast and failing at it. So then he'd try to eat it, and it would be an extra funny scene. Or perhaps, Pamela trying to learn how to ride a horse! And not being good at it, so John Ross would teach her in a playful manner.

I remember Aaron said on twitter that there were some playful Pamela/John Ross scenes cut due to time constraints. He mentioned that they can't really cut the "plot" driven scenes. So they tend to cut the "playful/fun" scenes. And that's actually the scenes that I WANT to watch.

I think if that secret comes out too soon, it will damage them before they even had time to properly fall in love with each other a lot more.

And I LOVE what you said about wanting to see John Ross realize he is his own person! That's what I want, too. Sue Ellen even told him that he is half of her. And that he needs to be his own person.

As for Pamela, I also would love to see her bond with Sue Ellen. And I think we'll get scenes like that, for sure.

What I want to see in the next season is Pamela/John Ross really being a TEAM. I want to see them stand by each other and just face everyone else. And I want to see more love and trust and respect between them. An I LOVE YOU from John Ross to Pamela would be amazing. I think his I LOVE YOU would be a more emotional scene because he is the type of person who is a lot more afraid to say those words. I think once Pamela let him in, it was a bit easier for her to tell him how she feels. But I think with him, he is more guarded. So I think it would be an epic moment.

Walter and Paige

Old 04-24-2013, 02:08 AM
New Fan

I want Season 3 to be about John Ross and Pamela falling in love for real. I don't think they are quite there yet because they are doing things backwards. They got married way too quickly and although I love that they are married, it still was for the wrong reasons since they didn't exactly have a "normal" relationship like other couples who date for a certain amount of time and then get married. I think one of the reasons I'm drawn to these two in the first place is because they're not "normal". But I still want them to fall in love and for this to eventually become a "real" marriage.

As for the JR/Sue Ellen comparison, I agree it is a compliment because JR and Sue Ellen were one of the two iconic couples of the original Dallas (Bobby and Pam being the other one). I think the reason why some fans are upset at the comparison though is because JR always cheated on Sue Ellen and it wasn't a one time thing. She also cheated on him as a result but it lasted years and in the end they got divorced and never reunited even though they always loved each other. JR realized much too late that Sue Ellen was his girl and that he treated her badly. He also verbally abused her a lot. So they had a very dark and tumultuous marriage and I think fans who are familiar with that story are afraid that the comparison means that John Ross and Pamela will turn into that. I'm not convinced yet that they will but I can understand why fans are nervous. I'm hoping that John Ross will grow up and become the man that Pamela deserves. I don't want him to just cheat all the time the way JR did so that's why I'm not sure how Season 3 will begin for them. I just see them as a dark and atypical romance as opposed to the "normal" couple like Christopher and Elena. In the original Dallas Bobby and Pam were much more normal compared to JR and Sue Ellen and that might be the same way they see the new couples as well. I'll accept whatever they throw at John Ross and Pamela as long as it makes them stronger as a couple. I think it will take a while for this to become a real marriage so the infidelity could continue and I'm prepared for that. I think it would be lovely to see John Ross eventually realize how much he really loves Pamela and proving his love to her. That's what I want and hope to see next season.
Old 04-24-2013, 02:17 AM
Part-Time Fan

Not So Secret Santa on Vimeo

dallas Not So Secret Santa
Closed Thread   Post New Thread