Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2011, 05:56 PM
Master Fan

Thanks, Honor and Betty

Quote:
Good luck wading through all the E/E goodness from the last couple of days!
I saw something about ice-cream. Loved it

Quote:
How was your trip?
Really nice. I pulled a Lorelai Gilmore and took a walk in the first snowfall of the season. I'd been wanting to do that for a while
Old 07-29-2011, 06:10 PM
Loyal Fan

Betty, look what I found!

Let's get this straight: I'm not proud of posting this, and I'm really against something like this happening, but because I love you so much...

(If you were expecting the sizzle reel, prepare to be surprised)

By the way, do you guys know The Salvatore Boarding House? The blogs there are a joy to read, and after reading a couple of them it becomes pretty obvious whose team they're on (take a look at the comments for this post, if you still cant figure it out). If they werent already cool enough, these are the same girls who brought us Ripping Open TVD: The Elijah Adventure.

Last edited by honor_in_revenge; 07-29-2011 at 06:22 PM
Old 07-29-2011, 06:18 PM
Master Fan

Hilarious. I loved the "oh no, it's just". That's the way I feel about it Although tbh, I think the entire scene seems contrived and out of place
Old 07-29-2011, 06:19 PM
Master Fan

^ I LOVE THAT!!!!!!! I love you for posting that, Honor That vid is so right
Old 07-29-2011, 06:28 PM
Master Fan

^ Right? And Betty, I don't know if I mentioned it already, but I'm in love with your combo
Old 07-29-2011, 06:36 PM
Master Fan

Thanks I'm in love with it too

Quote:
Although tbh, I think the entire scene seems contrived and out of place
It does seem really lame. It reminds me of that scene from s1 when Elena walked in and saw Lexi in the towel and I was like " Con-triiived. That's how they're going to make Elena realize she still wants Stefan?" It's lame. If you believe a couple is worth the screentime they should be able to bring it without the forced situations.
Old 07-29-2011, 06:41 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Betty (View Post)
Thanks I'm in love with it too
With good reason

Quote:
It does seem really lame. It reminds me of that scene from s1 when Elena walked in and saw Lexi in the towel and I was like " Con-triiived. That's how they're going to make Elena realize she still wants Stefan?" It's lame. If you believe a couple is worth the screentime they should be able to bring it without the forced situations.
Exactly. It seems like it could have been included in early season 1, what with Damon trying to charm her away from Stefan. It doesn't seem very congruent with the situation they're in now
Old 07-29-2011, 06:47 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamywriter19 (View Post)
Exactly. It seems like it could have been included in early season 1, what with Damon trying to charm her away from Stefan. It doesn't seem very congruent with the situation they're in now
Well it does sort of go along with Damon's reluctance to become the hero/'the good guy'. He just got a kiss from a girl he loves but still cant have, not to mention his brother (the reason he cant have her) is out of the picture to save his life, so the poor guy's understandably frustrated. I can see him going around acting like the kiss meant nothing and over compensate by whoring around (which explains Andie).

Last edited by honor_in_revenge; 07-29-2011 at 07:06 PM
Old 07-29-2011, 06:48 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
It doesn't seem very congruent with the situation they're in now
IKR? Stefan's with Klaus, being forced to be a killer. Jeremy died. She died. Jenna died. John died. Alaric's depressed. Katherine's free. Is.....this really the sort of thing the first few episodes are going to be giving us? 'Cause if so, I don't regret deciding not to watch them I want an EE friendship in s3 but I don't expect their early scenes to be them sitting around and laughing it up; things are really intense right now, it would be weird.

I wonder if that vid's on tumblr yet, I want to reblog it.
Old 07-29-2011, 06:58 PM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks for the welcomes everyone!
I never saw that quote by Daniel. It's a nice qupte - thank you for posting it!
Old 07-29-2011, 07:03 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandra. (View Post)
Once you start hanging around here more often you'd start quoting Daniel off the top of your head too! But yes, he says many many beautiful things and his eloquence is just

Seriously is it just men in general as they get more mature or is Daniel more well-read than most people?
Old 07-29-2011, 07:07 PM
Master Fan

I think DG is just really well-read and has thought a great deal about Elijah's feelings and motivations. Bless him because it's given us so many gems
Old 07-29-2011, 07:13 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by honor_in_revenge (View Post)
Well it does sort of go along with Damon's reluctance to become the hero/'the good guy'. He just got a kiss from a girl he loves but still cant have, not to mention his brother (the reason he cant have her) is out of the picture to save his life, so the poor guy's understandably frustrated. I can see him going around acting like the kiss meant nothing and over compensate by whoring around (which explains Andie).
Well, could be. I'm not a fan of Damon in general, but I can see how he would want to play it off as early S1 Damon after everything. I guess we'll have to see the scene in context to be sure

Quote:
IKR? Stefan's with Klaus, being forced to be a killer. Jeremy died. She died. Jenna died. John died. Alaric's depressed. Katherine's free. Is.....this really the sort of thing the first few episodes are going to be giving us?
MTE

Quote:
YW Like Honor said, after a while here you'll know Daniel's quotes by heart.

Quote:
Seriously is it just men in general as they get more mature or is Daniel more well-read than most people?
Considering the men I know who are in their thirties, I'd say Daniel is well-read and has a deep understanding of Elijah in general.
Old 07-29-2011, 07:26 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Well, could be. I'm not a fan of Damon in general, but I can see how he would want to play it off as early S1 Damon after everything. I guess we'll have to see the scene in context to be sure
Hopefully it's just played off.

Quote:
Considering the men I know who are in their thirties, I'd say Daniel is well-read and has a deep understanding of Elijah in general.
Basically this is how I came to the same conclusion.
Old 07-29-2011, 07:31 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Basically this is how I came to the same conclusion.
Maybe 1 out of 6 men I know pick up a book sometimes, I can hardly imagine them theorizing about someone's motivations

I'm off to bed Ttyt
Closed Thread   Post New Thread