Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2011, 03:32 PM
Part-Time Fan

Add me please! These two have something special, I think.
I can see her turning for HIM.
Old 07-29-2011, 03:32 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shereile (View Post)
His journey from this...to this...is the most beautiful character development I've ever seen on TVD
(or on TV/movies/books/reality)

It'll be really beautiful if their relationship's journey takes a full circle. First meeting: He looks at her in disbelief, as if she's a miracle. Then he goes to her and we have that non-kiss. It would be incredible if history repeats itself: after everything, they see each other again and are in a state of unbelief, Elijah run over to Elena, makes sure she is still human, and then actually kisses her.

Elena needs more happy moments this season! She's no longer being hunted/killed so please just let her be happy and normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandra. (View Post)
Welcome Alexandra! How did you stumble across our little family here?
Old 07-29-2011, 03:40 PM
Loyal Fan

In a way I don't even think he changed. Deep down he has this beautifully soft, caring side, but because of the past he didn't allow himself to feel. He masked it with his superiority and arrogance, believing that it would help to control everything, even the doppelganger. His arrogance is Damon's facade to be the badboy, but unlike Damon he chose the impassionate. distant mask instead of the "I don't give a **** about humans, because they're my snack" mask. He respects humanity too much, even as a vampire.
But Elena cracked his barrier with just being herself, with being human, proving that she keeps her promise and that she is loyal and compassionate.
He learned that her love is her strength and because of that understood that his feelings for her aren't necessarily bad for him. He simply can't resist.
Old 07-29-2011, 03:41 PM
Master Fan

Welcome Alexandra, I'll add you right now!

Quote:
I think the same thing If Elena and Elijah became involved it would be a forever sort of thing, I don't doubt it.
Old 07-29-2011, 03:43 PM
Loyal Fan

Exactly. Forever.
Welcome to our EE family,Alexandra
Old 07-29-2011, 03:49 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
In a way I don't even think he changed. Deep down he has this beautifully soft, caring side, but because of the past he didn't allow himself to feel. He masked it with his superiority and arrogance, believing that it would help to control everything, even the doppelganger. His arrogance is Damon's facade to be the badboy, but unlike Damon he chose the impassionate. distant mask instead of the "I don't give a **** about humans, because they're my snack" mask. He respects humanity too much, even as a vampire.
But Elena cracked his barrier with just being herself, with being human, proving that she keeps her promise and that she is loyal and compassionate.
He learned that her love is her strength and because of that understood that his feelings for her aren't necessarily bad for him. He simply can't resist.
I'm just gonna sit here and think about this, especially when I rewatch The Sacrifice this weekend. I love trying to figure him out, how his feelings for her evolved, etc.
Old 07-29-2011, 03:59 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shereile (View Post)
In a way I don't even think he changed.
I dont think Elena has either. She's definitely become a more intensified version of who she is before, because that's just what happens to people when they're under life-threatening circumstances. Over S2 we see these qualities that we've only glimpsed in S1, but on a higher level: She becomes even more compassionate, even more altruistic, even more determined, etc.

In the same way, Elijah hasnt quite changed either. The qualities we begin to see are not a result of Elijah forcing himself into some mould to win over Elena; these are qualities that he's had all along, though he has not allowed them to surface for so long.

This isnt just 'they bring out the best of each other': He intensifies her best qualities, and she encourages his to surface.

The beautiful thing about their relationship is that they are perfect for each other just the way they are in the present. Another strength of E/E is that it is resilient: it encompasses so many different kinds of human relations that there is a form or E/E in any place or time. Contrast that with other relationships in TVD:

Stelena: He wants Elena to become a vampire. She doesnt want to be a vampire.
Delena: He feels that she has a long way to go before he is worthy of her. She disagrees, but Damon's right on this one. IS said something like "For Damon, it's Delena or death." (LOL these werent his exact words btw, I just have trouble remembering them). That's sweet, but only if the feeling's mutual. Now it's just creepy.
Kalijah (?): Tragically, they could have happened if they trusted each other enough in 1492. Now the damage is irreversible.

Last edited by honor_in_revenge; 07-29-2011 at 05:13 PM
Old 07-29-2011, 04:01 PM
Loyal Fan

ITA, honor. On another note...Of course he won't act on it and that's perfectly ok because the show doesn't need a sappy fool singing love songs for Elena.
After she revives him (which I think is very likely) they'll learn to trust each other again and if Elena proves how much she actually cares about him as a person (by hugging him, giving him comfort over Klaus' betrayal, telling him that everything's going to be ok, even if she herself might feel desperate)... if all these things happen, there is no way to stop Elijah, no freaking way for him to deny his feelings for her (even if it turns out to be a small kiss on the cheek).
He'll acknowledge his love and he'll continue watching over her, protecting her as long as she wants him to stay.
His love will be eternal Do you like it, Elena?

Elena: Yeah it's awesome
Old 07-29-2011, 04:30 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
On another note...Of course he won't act on it and that's perfectly ok because the show doesn't need a sappy fool singing love songs for Elena.
After she revives him (which I think is very likely) they'll learn to trust each other again and if Elena proves how much she actually cares about him as a person (by hugging him, giving him comfort over Klaus' betrayal, telling him that everything's going to be ok, even if she herself might feel desperate)... if all these things happen, there is no way to stop Elijah, no freaking way for him to deny his feelings for her (even if it turns out to be a small kiss on the cheek).
He'll acknowledge his love and he'll continue watching over her, protecting her as long as she wants him to stay.
His love will be eternal
This is why Daniel's quote about Elijah's love being devotional is one of my favorites
Old 07-29-2011, 05:14 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Betty (View Post)
This is why Daniel's quote about Elijah's love being devotional is one of my favorites
You mean this one?

Quote:
I’m sensing something unselfish surfacing in him, like a devotional kind of love.
Did we use that for a thread yet? If not this can come after the ice cream thread.
Old 07-29-2011, 05:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandra. (View Post)
Welcome to the thread, they do have something special and I see Elena going to Elijah as well...just hoping the writer's make it happen in Season 3...please give me something to look forward to this season.
Old 07-29-2011, 05:40 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Did we use that for a thread yet? If not this can come after the ice cream thread.
I don't remember, I'll have to go back and check but if we haven't we're definitely using it for #23

Quote:
Welcome to the thread, they do have something special and I see Elena going to Elijah as well...just hoping the writer's make it happen in Season 3...please give me something to look forward to this season.
I feel the same way. I'd love to see them develop the friendship in season three. I think if they did, if they really let these two share some great friendship scenes, that it would naturally evolve beyond friendship even if the writers don't mean for it to.
Old 07-29-2011, 05:44 PM
Master Fan

Title

Welcome Alexandra! These two have something really special
Old 07-29-2011, 05:52 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamywriter19 (View Post)
Title

Welcome Alexandra! These two have something really special
Welcome back Caro! Good luck wading through all the E/E goodness from the last couple of days!

How was your trip?
Old 07-29-2011, 05:52 PM
Master Fan

Welcome back, Caro!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread