Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2012, 04:51 AM
Master Fan

I noticed that lauren only asked bo to kill nadia once bo realized nadia was possessed by a garuda. now, because the writing sucks, we thought lauren didn't even know about the garuda, but turns out that she did because she look completely horrified once bo put 2 and 2 together. it's possible there really isn't a cure and the thing would end up consuming her and killing them both.

that didn't bother me. what bothers me (other than the writing) is that now lauren is going to use her death as a motivation to join bo in the war - unlike kenzi and dyson who will most likely join her because they love her

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]
Old 03-12-2012, 05:24 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamilaJ (View Post)
I did not watch yet ...but what is that ? the Glave ?
She's the fae who keeps the peace between the light and dark fae or something.

It still bothers that Lauren asked Bo to kill Nadia. Even if there's no cure for the garuda thing. I just think that if you care about someone, you'd be in denial about it or Lauren being a doctor would try and find the cure and lock Nadia up. At least for a while, but they had to rush it like they do with everything and then it just looked strange. That's my opinion of course. Maybe it's because I just saw an episode of Torchwood with pretty much the same situation and they handled it much better.
Old 03-12-2012, 05:35 AM
Dedicated Fan

Thanks,Tami

And agreed.To me ,Lauren was a kind of ooc about Nadia's death .She says that she loves her .... and then she ask to kill her .Still not making sense to me ,right now ,tbh.
Lauren:
Breathless
Bo:
Completely.
Old 03-12-2012, 05:35 AM
Master Fan

eh, I didn't see it that way. lauren isn't impulsive like bo is. she knew the deal. she only budged when bo said it was actually a garuda. and I totally thought of the nadia situation as the one with zombies - once turned, there's no going back. which is ultimately what happened. lauren couldn't bring herself to do it, so she told bo to. bo still refused but did it once lauren's life was in danger. had lauren told bo to leave and locked nadia up, I would actually question her intelligence.

I wanted the bitch to escape so bo could kill her later on. that **** was rushed and that just ain't right.

the way I see it, we had it easy. it could be a lot worse. lauren could spend seasons blaming bo for nadia's death and bo would seek comfort in dyson's junk.

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]
Old 03-12-2012, 05:52 AM
Elite Fan

I think that no matter how rational you are, you want to save someone you care about so deeply. Even if Lauren didn't love Nadia the way she did 5 years ago, she still loved her. She was trying to find a cure for her and didn't give up in all those years. Lauren should find ou I probably couldn't willingly watch some I love being killed in front of me even if that person was possessed by the freaking devil, screw the greater good. I guess my biggest problem was that it was so rushed. Lauren should find out about the garuda Nadia in this episode and I think Nadia should die at the end of the season. The fact that she didn't just proves she was nothing other than a plot device.
Old 03-12-2012, 05:57 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I think that no matter how rational you are, you want to save someone you care about so deeply.
except that there was no saving this time. again, with the zombie parallel. I totally bought it while watching because lauren only begged bo to kill her once bo told her it was a garuda. yes, the entire scene was a joke - it was even horribly acted, imo, but given the context, I did buy lauren wanting bo to kill her.

Quote:
The fact that she didn't just proves she was nothing other than a plot device.
well, that was obvious. and it still would have been even if nadia had turned out to be the big bad and died in the finale. I can only hope ryan dies now.

the only storyline that worked this episode was bo and kenzi's. and I was still meh about it because they will probably find a way to ruin it later on.

still happy about the lack of dyson.

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]
Old 03-12-2012, 05:59 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doccubus (View Post)
the only storyline that worked this episode was bo and kenzi's. and I was still meh about it because they will probably find a way to ruin it later on.
That was my favorite part too. Anna is so much better in the scenes with Zoie and Ksenia than anyone else.
Old 03-12-2012, 06:09 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
That was my favorite part too. Anna is so much better in the scenes with Zoie and Ksenia than anyone else.
true. and it was really a brave thing what kenzi did.

I think next week is going to be great. if only because SC can write.

ETA... laughing my ass off at those 2 morons mourning nadia's death on tumblr. TROLOL.

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]

Last edited by danvers; 03-12-2012 at 06:16 AM
Old 03-12-2012, 06:15 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
true. and it was really a brave thing what kenzi did.

I think next week is going to be great. if only because SC can write.
The bond that BK share is pretty great. Kenzi obviously cared for Nate (god knows why), but I'm happy she decided to stay with Bo now that all the ****'s coming her way. I have to say that I a bit when she said "This is the life I choose." like in the intro song though.

Quote:
except that there was no saving this time. again, with the zombie parallel. I totally bought it while watching because lauren only begged bo to kill her once bo told her it was a garuda. yes, the entire scene was a joke - it was even horribly acted, imo, but given the context, I did buy lauren wanting bo to kill her.
Let's just blame the scene then. It was quite cringe worthy. ZP crying must kill puppies though. I did like that part.
Old 03-12-2012, 06:16 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
eh, I didn't see it that way. lauren isn't impulsive like bo is. she knew the deal. she only budged when bo said it was actually a garuda. and I totally thought of the nadia situation as the one with zombies - once turned, there's no going back. which is ultimately what happened. lauren couldn't bring herself to do it, so she told bo to. bo still refused but did it once lauren's life was in danger. had lauren told bo to leave and locked nadia up, I would actually question her intelligence.
IA, and the zombie parallel is a good way of explaining Lauren's thought process. When someone turns into a zombie in fiction, you can either choose to let them live or kill them. If you let them live, usually it results in a lot of bad **** happening and/or you dying. If you kill them, it's usually an act of mercy and seen as a 'noble' thing to do.

Quote:
ETA... laughing my ass off at those 2 morons mourning nadia's death on tumblr. TROLOL.
Morons.
S T A R D U S T
Old 03-12-2012, 06:20 AM
Elite Fan

Manu you need to make a gif of the stabbing before we start a new thread.
Old 03-12-2012, 06:25 AM
Master Fan

I did hate bo leaving the scene though. what the ****. it's understandable, because she's a pussy and runs away when she kills humans, but that was lauren, dammit. SMH.

I need episode 20 rn.

ETA... I shall. just give me a couple hours til I get home from work.

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]
Old 03-12-2012, 06:29 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
ETA... I shall. just give me a couple hours til I get home from work.
No problem, I have to study now anyway.

I'd love to see Bo comforting Lauren or just staying with her, but I guess her running away is in character. I just hope she won't be pissed off at Lauren for "making her" kill Nada.
Old 03-12-2012, 06:34 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
I shall. just give me a couple hours til I get home from work.
NO. YOU HAVE TO DO IT RIGHT NOW.

I expect BL might angst for a little bit about the whole Nadia deal, but they'll get over it pretty fast. I mean, Nadia was cursed, what could they do? It was either kill her now or kill her later. At least she died with Lauren then and (generally) on her own terms. Better than if Lachlan or some other Light Fae ass showed up and did it.
S T A R D U S T
Old 03-12-2012, 06:34 AM
Master Fan

I totally want bo to go see lauren (or vice-versa because bo is a pussy) and for lauren to tell bo that she will fight next to her. AND THEN I WANT SOME COMFORTING, DAMMIT.

counting on saint steve because ep 21 is written by EA and you all know what that means.

Quote:
NO. YOU HAVE TO DO IT RIGHT NOW.
sit yo ass down.

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]
Closed Thread   Post New Thread