Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2008, 06:14 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Guys, you all have it wrong. JH rode off into the sunset together.
And I'm sure even the people who worked on the show, sans Wilmer, agree!

Last edited by blue winter roses; 12-16-2008 at 07:06 PM
Old 12-16-2008, 08:04 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbrc (View Post)
But season 8 pretty much didn't count, so it was actually JH forever.
Oh that's right! Sometimes I have to be reminded of that. J/H ended up together.

Old 12-16-2008, 09:07 PM
Elite Fan

I look at it like this, JF did NOT end up together, all Wilmer did was delay JH's reunion for a while... okay fine, I based that off The Princess Bride. I haven't seen ANY non-Wilmer kind of promotion for JF, or anything S8 related, without contracts somehow being involved! So my point: JF? What JF?

Jackie ended up with Hyde!
Old 12-17-2008, 05:20 AM
Elite Fan

Dan/Serena: I feel like the writers are really trying hard to build this image in our heads that Dan and Serena are true "star crossed lovers," who "love each other, but cannot be together," because of the "different worlds,". Sorry for all the air quotations, lol, but I just find them to be the most cliché and boring pairing ever to grace my screen. Honestly, if they want to be together - then just get the hell together! No one is stopping you and no one seems to give a **** about this "two different worlds" thing. I think that the writers know that when Dan/Serena are together, they have an uncanny ability to put viewers (myself included) into a deep coma. If they ever got over their issues, what would they have? Entertainment value? The critics loathe them.

Dan/Serena can never live up to any epic rich girl/poor boy pairings like Noah/Allie or Jack/Rose. Dan's just a sheltered boy from Brooklyn who's had an creepy infatuation with her after she said two sentences to him, and Serena is just a reformed it girl. Wow, epic stuff. *pukes*

Sorry, long rant.
Old 12-17-2008, 12:20 PM
Dedicated Fan

Lily and Rufus: GG is trying so hard to sell these two as being an epic couple but I just don't buy it. I think when they were younger they were truely in love and happy because they were together minus the drama but it's been how many years.... Seriousy they need to just let their romance rest in the past where it belongs and move on.

On a total different note, njbrc I love your avator. *Drools* Taylor Kitsch and Ryan Reynolds are the main two reasons why I will be going to see that movie when it comes out.
Old 12-17-2008, 03:46 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetdaisy (View Post)
I look at it like this, JF did NOT end up together, all Wilmer did was delay JH's reunion for a while... okay fine, I based that off The Princess Bride. I haven't seen ANY non-Wilmer kind of promotion for JF, or anything S8 related, without contracts somehow being involved! So my point: JF? What JF?

Jackie ended up with Hyde!
Why would you ever think something else happened? that writer would have to be crazy.
Old 12-17-2008, 04:08 PM
Master Fan

ugh, I really, really, really, really do not like Dan/Serena.
Old 12-17-2008, 04:11 PM
Total Fan

really? why? I'm just curious. I've only seen the GG Pilot and I've been told I should watch the show. My friend told me that it's better than both OTH and OC together, and that I would really like Chuck.
So, I'm gathering info on anything related to the show here, and I've only seen DS when they have their first date in the pilot.
Old 12-17-2008, 04:22 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnarkySarcastic (View Post)
really? why? I'm just curious. I've only seen the GG Pilot and I've been told I should watch the show. My friend told me that it's better than both OTH and OC together, and that I would really like Chuck.
So, I'm gathering info on anything related to the show here, and I've only seen DS when they have their first date in the pilot.
Well, I dont want to discourage you from watching the show as dan/serena are a pretty large part of it but personally, they're not my cup of tea. I just find them to be tremendously cliched and cheesy. I've never been a fan of them and they got a lot of airtime in S1 which made me resent them even more just because I find them really boring. But I dislike them even more now with their pointless back and forth and the fact that they still manage to retain a huge chunk of GG's airtime even though they're not a couple. Also, I just generally dislike Dan a lot and his whole I-was-in-love-with-Serena-because-she-spoke-two-sentences-to-me-once-upon-a-time thing really grates

But I agree with your friend as I LOVE Chuck and the show is definitely better than OTH (in parts, at the very least) I was never a fan of The OC so I definitely think GG is better than it in that respect but that's just me
Old 12-17-2008, 04:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hey Doris.

DS is really broing. The best couple is C/B.

You should check it out, Doris.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Old 12-17-2008, 04:36 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pey_23 (View Post)
Hey Doris.

DS is really broing. The best couple is C/B.

You should check it out, Doris.
Okay. Good arguments Besides, I often trust your judgement, dear. A hug to you too

And it turns out I am going to check it out Just need time. Too many tv shows on my to watch list.

Okay, who I don't like.

Other than the usual, never ending
HarryGinny definitely not loving feeling
there's also always the problem called FezJackie.

Also, seriously disliking every current canon OTH couple. They're all getting on my nerves. Especially the one where one's person's name is Lucas and the other is Peyton.
You remember, dear, I was an LP.
But I can never forgive them for both season 5 and 6. And parts of 4. Horrible.
Old 12-17-2008, 04:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah I know you were LP but I remember that you disliked what they did in season 5 and 6...

I don't like LP because of the ridiculous s/l and I don't like it if an entire cast/crew tries to sell something as special and TLA...

I hope you'll enjoy GG.

Oh I also don't like what they are doing with the ghost triangle on Grey's. I mean talking to a ghost...I could live with that but the best sex on earth?? Come on...

Old 12-17-2008, 04:45 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnarkySarcastic (View Post)
Why would you ever think something else happened? that writer would have to be crazy.
I think my icon shows where my loyalties lie! It's either JH or nothing!

Quote:
Other than the usual, never ending
HarryGinny definitely not loving feeling
there's also always the problem called FezJackie.
Hating on these two is just a given in!
Old 12-17-2008, 04:46 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pey_23 (View Post)
Yeah I know you were LP but I remember that you disliked what they did in season 5 and 6...

I don't like LP because of the ridiculous s/l and I don't like it if an entire cast/crew tries to sell something as special and TLA...

I hope you'll enjoy GG.

Oh I also don't like what they are doing with the ghost triangle on Grey's. I mean talking to a ghost...I could live with that but the best sex on earth?? Come on...
Oh of course, I almost forgot one of the best storylines of the year I've always though Tegan and Sarah's song called Walking with a ghost had a strange title, but this takes it to a whole other level.
I cannot even begin to try to understand what brought them to the point when they agreed to make a storyline where Izzie, or anyone else for that matter, would have sex with a ghost.
Old 12-17-2008, 04:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

Imagining the sex with a ghost is one thing but claiming it's the best sex you ever had.

I was so happy for AI...and then then this great s/l came...I mean srlsy who wants to watch ghost/human making out? It was romantic in the movie with P.Swayze and D.Moore but on Grey's it looks just pathetic...

Closed Thread   Post New Thread