Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2012, 08:37 AM
Elite Fan

Jack/Gwen If they were like how they were in Miracle Day I might've enjoyed their friendship, but honestly the hero worshipping aspect really killed it for me. And it wasnt only Gwen who hero worshipped Jack, it was Jack who hero worshipped Gwen! They put each other on a freaking pedistol and saw only the Jack and Gwen they wanted to see not who the real Jack and Gwen were. It really got on my nerves the way Jack tried to protect Gwen's "innocence" from everything. I mean if he wanted to protect her so much then why would he hire her for Torchwood? And Gwen, the way she constantly shoved her "love" for Jack in Rhys's face like he meant so much more to her than a guy she's been with for YEARS. Yeah okay then honey. I believe you love Jack so much more than Rhys. I dont get them at all. Never have, never will.

"Its about who you fall in love with."

John Paul McQueen & Craig Dean

Old 02-23-2012, 08:52 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary ksand (View Post)
Logan/Veronica I can very much appreciate LoVe for what they were, but I'm glad they are not an endgame because this is exactly how their relationship should have ended: on them being broken up but still caring about each other. I hope they star friends but part way eventually and find people they will be able to build a real mature and healthy relationship with.
I ship LV, but not hardcore for some of the reasons you listed in your post (except I'm more Team Veronica than Team Logan ). But anyways, I especially agree with the bolded part. As much as I loved Logan/Veronica, I couldn't root for them to be together forever. To me, they're a perfect example of "a great love that isn't the RIGHT love". Just because they love each other doesn't mean they should be together. Sometimes, two people just aren't compatible, and despite their undeniably strong feelings towards each other, just can't get past the obstacles in their relationship. And that's okay. I, too, love LV for what they were, and I don't doubt that they'll always love each other. But endgame? Forever? I don't think it's possible. There's two other people out there that we viewers have never met that are perfect for Logan and perfect for Veronica.

^^This is actually how I feel about Chuck/Blair, as well. Part of me will always appreciate their early story and their passion, but that doesn't mean they should be together. Too much pain and hurt and destruction between them; there is a time when it reaches the point of no-return. You can love someone but still know when to step back in acknowledgment that it just isn't meant to be.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:55 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by find something real (View Post)
OMG for the first time in a long time I totally give the writers of OTH props...tonight one of the characters said 'who are you, chuck from gossip girl? no means no!' well if GG isn't gonna acknowledge that Chuck is abusive and attempted rapist, I'm glad that someone on tv does. on that note...

CHUCK/BLAIR

I wish the GG writers would listen.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 02-23-2012, 09:03 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by forblueskiesxx (View Post)
I ship LV, but not hardcore for some of the reasons you listed in your post (except I'm more Team Veronica than Team Logan ). But anyways, I especially agree with the bolded part. As much as I loved Logan/Veronica, I couldn't root for them to be together forever. To me, they're a perfect example of "a great love that isn't the RIGHT love". Just because they love each other doesn't mean they should be together. Sometimes, two people just aren't compatible, and despite their undeniably strong feelings towards each other, just can't get past the obstacles in their relationship. And that's okay. I, too, love LV for what they were, and I don't doubt that they'll always love each other. But endgame? Forever? I don't think it's possible. There's two other people out there that we viewers have never met that are perfect for Logan and perfect for Veronica.
Agreed so much, especially with the bolded part. I don't doubt their strong feelings for each other and I think they were a very important experience in each other's lives and in some way they will always care about each other and never stop having feelings for each other, but they are not the kind of a relationship that lasts. I agree with writers about them not ending up together and I like that this show made it clear that while their relationship was a powerful thing it wasn't the kind of thing that can survive through time and through all the obstacles, that's why they were broken up for good to be able to part ways and explore their relationship with other people and one day they will meet the ones that will be perfect for them and be able to make them happy and whole. They will never forget each other and they will always have each other's backs, but their love story was never meant to last forever or even work past colledge.

And yeah, I'll always be Team Logan For some reason I'm just not a big Veronica fan, but I like her too.

icon: swanspirate@tumblr
Old 02-23-2012, 09:39 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Agreed so much, especially with the bolded part. I don't doubt their strong feelings for each other and I think they were a very important experience in each other's lives and in some way they will always care about each other and never stop having feelings for each other, but they are not the kind of a relationship that lasts. I agree with writers about them not ending up together and I like that this show made it clear that while their relationship was a powerful thing it wasn't the kind of thing that can survive through time and through all the obstacles, that's why they were broken up for good to be able to part ways and explore their relationship with other people and one day they will meet the ones that will be perfect for them and be able to make them happy and whole. They will never forget each other and they will always have each other's backs, but their love story was never meant to last forever or even work past colledge.

And yeah, I'll always be Team Logan For some reason I'm just not a big Veronica fan, but I like her too.
Well said.

I love Logan, too, for sure. But Veronica is my bb girl. And I actually love her the most when she is single. Definitely V at her best.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:49 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Well said.

I love Logan, too, for sure. But Veronica is my bb girl. And I actually love her the most when she is single. Definitely V at her best.
Oh, I like single Veronica the most too Those were my favourite episodes of her. I like Logan single as well, even more than when he is with Veronica. I loved the episode when he was babysitting that girl, sister of Dick's newfound love interest

Old 02-23-2012, 10:21 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Oh, I like single Veronica the most too Those were my favourite episodes of her. I like Logan single as well, even more than when he is with Veronica. I loved the episode when he was babysitting that girl, sister of Dick's newfound love interest
Omg, yes! That was so fun. IA single Logan is the best, too. Single everyone on this show! Jw, did you like Veronica with Piz at all?
Old 02-23-2012, 10:35 AM
Extreme Fan

Finally watched Monday's HIMYM so...

Ted/Robin

This whole storyline is just really bugging me. It's doing nothing but dragging the characters backwards and it's just going to cheapen Ted/Mother and Barney/Robin. The episode was OK until the end when they had to throw in that stupid line of Marshall's. Why can't that be the end of the storyline? It was said, Robin doesn't love him, Ted is finally in a place where he's ready to meet the mother. It's done. Are they seriously going to drag it up again before the show ends? It's just getting ridiculous at this point.

Spike/Buffy Ruined both characters and the show itself. I will despise them until the day I die.

Last edited by The_Void; 02-23-2012 at 10:46 AM
Old 02-23-2012, 11:00 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Omg, yes! That was so fun. IA single Logan is the best, too. Single everyone on this show! Jw, did you like Veronica with Piz at all?
Honestly, I like Piz, but I didn't care about his relationship with Veronica. I thought it was kind of random even though he always liked her. I didn't mind them at all, but I don't think they will last either. Piz is a good guy though. I even like him more than Duncan.

Single Logan really was the best And like you said, single everyone

Old 02-23-2012, 11:22 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Honestly, I like Piz, but I didn't care about his relationship with Veronica. I thought it was kind of random even though he always liked her. I didn't mind them at all, but I don't think they will last either. Piz is a good guy though. I even like him more than Duncan.

Single Logan really was the best And like you said, single everyone
Yeah Piz was a sweetheart. IA that his relationship with Veronica was cute; I really enjoyed watching it, but it wasn't passionate enough or even interesting enough to last. I envision all of the characters on the show ending up with people they hadn't yet met during the show.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

Veronica/Piz were a nice change from all the LoVe drama but I never shipped them because I was a hardcore LV fan. But I rememeber that there was a lot of hate against Piz when he was with Veronica. I liked Piz, he was adorable, goofy and fun and I never really saw them as a threat, for me it was always clear that she loved Logan and Piz was just rebound, she wanted to move on but that clearly didn't work out.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:29 AM
Elite Fan

Sam/Freddie My least favorite thing about them is how they were handled once they got together. They never stopped arguing! I mean they even wanted Carly to come along on their dates so they can have a buffer in case they DID argue! I love love-hate relationships but Sam/Freddie are just plain hate with a capital H. They dont love each other, in fact they are barely even friends. Sam abuses Freddie daily and Freddie didnt even know they were even friends! Now we're supposed to believe that Sam's in love with Freddie? Okay then.

Cat/Robbie Since when is the fact that they're both weird mean that its okay for Cat to be paired up with the biggest creep in the school? Robbie has three lifesized cardboard cut outs of Cat stashed away in his house that he does god knows what with! I just cant see them working out ever. The very idea of Cat and Robbie together disgusts me.

Logan/Camille i thought they were sweet at first but hoenstly they're becoming very redundant. I dont think Logan even really LIKES Camille. There was one episode that he liked her when she was someone else and when she was back to being Camille, he was like "What happened?" basically. And Camille basically hero worships Logan. I think they go back and fourth with this relationship because its what they both feel like they're supposed to do.

"Its about who you fall in love with."

John Paul McQueen & Craig Dean

Old 02-23-2012, 12:27 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Yeah Piz was a sweetheart. IA that his relationship with Veronica was cute; I really enjoyed watching it, but it wasn't passionate enough or even interesting enough to last. I envision all of the characters on the show ending up with people they hadn't yet met during the show.
I feel the same way. All those relationships were interesting to watch and they all were important in many ways, but they were not meant to last and those characters were yet to find their true loves, maybe more than one true love, but it was never Logan for Veronica and Veronica for Logan or Piz/Veronica either. They were all sweet and I genuinly enjoyed a lot of aspects of their stories, but that's all about it. Neither of them was epic or meant to last forever.

Old 02-23-2012, 03:12 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Void (View Post)
Finally watched Monday's HIMYM so...

Ted/Robin

This whole storyline is just really bugging me. It's doing nothing but dragging the characters backwards and it's just going to cheapen Ted/Mother and Barney/Robin. The episode was OK until the end when they had to throw in that stupid line of Marshall's. Why can't that be the end of the storyline? It was said, Robin doesn't love him, Ted is finally in a place where he's ready to meet the mother. It's done. Are they seriously going to drag it up again before the show ends? It's just getting ridiculous at this point.
Agreed, so much. At this point, it's just stringing the viewers along. Either they are endgame, and that would mean retconning the whole series with some absurd twist that would make me lose all my respect for the writers, or this storyline means absolutely nothing and it's just a way to throw a bone to the Ted/Robin shippers (which is quite cheap and disrespectful towards them, tbh). It's not just the Barney/Robin shipper in me speaking here, I think it's becoming a problem of the show as whole. Ted/Robin have come to the point of cheapening Ted/Mother, and that's the effing PREMISE of the show. Monday was the perfect occasion to let them go and yet they had to add that line from Marshall. I'm really disappointed in the writers right now.

Tumblr

Icon: Saejima
Old 02-23-2012, 03:27 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plucky Sidekick (View Post)
Agreed, so much. At this point, it's just stringing the viewers along. Either they are endgame, and that would mean retconning the whole series with some absurd twist that would make me lose all my respect for the writers, or this storyline means absolutely nothing and it's just a way to throw a bone to the Ted/Robin shippers (which is quite cheap and disrespectful towards them, tbh). It's not just the Barney/Robin shipper in me speaking here, I think it's becoming a problem of the show as whole. Ted/Robin have come to the point of cheapening Ted/Mother, and that's the effing PREMISE of the show. Monday was the perfect occasion to let them go and yet they had to add that line from Marshall. I'm really disappointed in the writers right now.
My thoughts exactly. I was never a huge fan of this storyline from when it started, I never really thought that Ted "had to let go of Robin" in order to meet the mother (He'd moved on from her 3 seasons ago when he was ready to marry Stella). But if they felt they had to put them to bed and have Ted move on for good, then 95% of that last episode did that very well. Yet they had to throw in that line at the end there for... what reason, exactly? What purpose did it serve? What can they actually do with Ted/Robin at this point? The show's probably ending after S8, and that's when Ted has to meet the mother. Like you say, the longer T/R is dragged on, the more it cheapens Ted/Mother.

I feel like the only reason they're doing all this is so that it will be "shocking" when Robin turns out to be the bride at the end of the season (and lets face it, she's probably the bride. I'm not saying this as a B/R fan, it's just the only thing that makes sense for the show as a whole). I don't know why this season they're so obsessed with pulling "shocking twists" out of their arses all of a sudden. I don't know when this show became more concerned with being "surprising" and "unpredictable" than logical storyline and character consistency.

Barney/Quinn
- Dreading next week sfm.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread