Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2012, 08:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

I agree with Barney/Quinn
My LJ
Old 02-23-2012, 08:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by forblueskiesxx (View Post)
I ship LV, but not hardcore for some of the reasons you listed in your post (except I'm more Team Veronica than Team Logan ). But anyways, I especially agree with the bolded part. As much as I loved Logan/Veronica, I couldn't root for them to be together forever. To me, they're a perfect example of "a great love that isn't the RIGHT love". Just because they love each other doesn't mean they should be together. Sometimes, two people just aren't compatible, and despite their undeniably strong feelings towards each other, just can't get past the obstacles in their relationship. And that's okay. I, too, love LV for what they were, and I don't doubt that they'll always love each other. But endgame? Forever? I don't think it's possible. There's two other people out there that we viewers have never met that are perfect for Logan and perfect for Veronica.

^^This is actually how I feel about Chuck/Blair, as well. Part of me will always appreciate their early story and their passion, but that doesn't mean they should be together. Too much pain and hurt and destruction between them; there is a time when it reaches the point of no-return. You can love someone but still know when to step back in acknowledgment that it just isn't meant to be.
I haven't seen the whole of LV so I can't really judge. I feel the same about early CB, NB, and DS. Although I could be okay with NB and DS in the distant future. Not all realationships that end are horrible, but sometimes people aren't meant to be in the long run cause feelings change, people grow up, or the realationship wasen't how the writers originally wrote it. However, you can look back and appreciate the good times. RD on Gilmore girls is a another couple that I feel that way, and Ted's main relationships on How I Met Your Mother
Old 02-24-2012, 06:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

Harry/Ginny (HP)
Ron/Hermione (HP)
Edward/Bella (Twilight)
Ross/Rachel (Friends)
Cuddy/Lucas (House)
Carter/Abby (E.R)
Willow/Kennedy (BTVS)
Willow/Xander (BTVS)
Ryan/Taylor (The O.C)

My main shipping hates.
Old 02-24-2012, 09:00 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by - bad romance - (View Post)
Harry/Ginny (HP)
Ron/Hermione (HP)
Edward/Bella (Twilight)
Pretty much my top most hated ships of all time.
Old 02-24-2012, 09:47 PM
Elite Fan

Jack/Gwen
Luke/Reid
Edward/Bella
Harry/Hermione
Klaus/Caroline
Damon/Elena/Stefan
Buffy/Angel
Scott/Allison
John Paul/Kieron
Brian/Michael
Harry/Ginny
Sam/Freddie
Cat/Robbie
Logan/Camille

"Its about who you fall in love with."

John Paul McQueen & Craig Dean

Old 02-24-2012, 10:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

Riley/Buffy
My LJ
Old 02-25-2012, 07:18 AM
Addicted Fan

Pacey/Joey Really really despise these two. They argued every five minutes and Pacey never felt good enough for her.
"I feel like nothing." Yep, such a good relationship right there.

We are all stories in the end
Old 02-25-2012, 07:51 AM
Elite Fan

Harry/Ginny
Harry/Hermione

I'm sorry, but I just don't see it. I don't see the romantic vibe in those relationships at all, because all three characters proved to choose something else over each other. How can Harry be with Ginny if he loved sandwiches more than her? How can Harry love Hermone if he loved his MALE friend more than her? Both Harry and Hermione loved Ron more than they loved each other, they had years to develop romantic feelings to one another yet they didn't. And even if JKR tried to force HHr on each other in the most contrived manner ever, they would be totally incompatible, because Hermione made him feel insane because of his beliefs and because he was able to hear voices beyond the viel, making him feel crazy in front of all his other friends. Because Hermione was not open minded enough to understand Harry and not that much of a close friend to him to talk and discuss it later. She never understood him when it came to deeper things than what was obvious and Harry never understood her either, because he prefered to avoid her when he was annoyed by her know it all atitude and also he could never challenge her when she did unadmirable things such as insulting Luna for nothing. Harry could only hero worship Hermione when it came to her intellegence but he never thought much of her as of a girl, heck, he couldn't even say she was beautiful, he just said she "wasn't ugly". We had no problem recognizing the fact that he found Cho attractive but he never found Hermione attractive, not even in a slightest. Not to mention that he always payed attention to her bushy hair and "too big teath" because apparently he didn't find her hot at all. He only found her decently looking during the ball when she completely changed herself. I'm not the biggest Hermione fan but I personally wouldn't want her with a guy who doesn't even find her attractive.

As for Ginny, his feelings for her came completely out of ass, ruined Ginny's character, ruined Harry's character and became a great representation of the fact that romance cannot be forced, it should come naturally. And it could not come naturally with HG or HHr in my opinion.

Brooke/Lucas
Brooke/Julian

Mark's decisions regarding Brooke turned her character into the worst version of herself by far. These "epic romances" where those guys had to change her into a person she was not were contrived and forced, filled with insecurities and character regression on both sides. Lucas only started taking her seriously when she started memorizing quotes from books he presented her, which is probably the dumbest way to develop "epic" romance I've ever seen on my screen. Julian not only turned Brooke into aself centered doormat, but also turned into an idiot himself, though when he first appeared on the show he seemed charismatic and interesting. Both couples had a little to no build up and I don't see why should I want Brooke with a guy who makes her insecure to the point where she would rush out of her hourse in the middle of freaking storm because of some cliched line in a love letter and also turn into a horrible friend who isn't even there for her friend when she is dealing with her dying mom; or with a guy with whom she had basically the same kind of relationship, only with even more whining and less chemistry. No, just no.

+

Jack/Kate
Sawyer/Juliet
Cook/Effy
Thomas/Pandora
Rose/Dimitri
Buffy/Angel
Wesley/Fred

icon: swanspirate@tumblr
Old 02-25-2012, 08:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Void (View Post)
Finally watched Monday's HIMYM so...

Ted/Robin

This whole storyline is just really bugging me. It's doing nothing but dragging the characters backwards and it's just going to cheapen Ted/Mother and Barney/Robin. The episode was OK until the end when they had to throw in that stupid line of Marshall's. Why can't that be the end of the storyline? It was said, Robin doesn't love him, Ted is finally in a place where he's ready to meet the mother. It's done. Are they seriously going to drag it up again before the show ends? It's just getting ridiculous at this point.
I agree. The TR thing has been done to death, I really hope this was the absolute LAST time that will be rehashed again because it's been proven so many times that they don't fit well together romantically. They're GREAT as friends but as lovers? NONONO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by find something real (View Post)
OMG for the first time in a long time I totally give the writers of OTH props...tonight one of the characters said 'who are you, chuck from gossip girl? no means no!' well if GG isn't gonna acknowledge that Chuck is abusive and attempted rapist, I'm glad that someone on tv does. on that note...

CHUCK/BLAIR
I hate OTH with the passion of a thousand suns now but THISISAWESOME.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 02-25-2012, 08:11 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary ksand (View Post)
Harry/Ginny
Harry/Hermione

I'm sorry, but I just don't see it. I don't see the romantic vibe in those relationships at all, because all three characters proved to choose something else over each other. How can Harry be with Ginny if he loved sandwiches more than her? How can Harry love Hermone if he loved his MALE friend more than her? Both Harry and Hermione loved Ron more than they loved each other, they had years to develop romantic feelings to one another yet they didn't. And even if JKR tried to force HHr on each other in the most contrived manner ever, they would be totally incompatible, because Hermione made him feel insane because of his beliefs and because he was able to hear voices beyond the viel, making him feel crazy in front of all his other friends. Because Hermione was not open minded enough to understand Harry and not that much of a close friend to him to talk and discuss it later. She never understood him when it came to deeper things than what was obvious and Harry never understood her either, because he prefered to avoid her when he was annoyed by her know it all atitude and also he could never challenge her when she did unadmirable things such as insulting Luna for nothing. Harry could only hero worship Hermione when it came to her intellegence but he never thought much of her as of a girl, heck, he couldn't even say she was beautiful, he just said she "wasn't ugly". We had no problem recognizing the fact that he found Cho attractive but he never found Hermione attractive, not even in a slightest. Not to mention that he always payed attention to her bushy hair and "too big teath" because apparently he didn't find her hot at all. He only found her decently looking during the ball when she completely changed herself. I'm not the biggest Hermione fan but I personally wouldn't want her with a guy who doesn't even find her attractive.

As for Ginny, his feelings for her came completely out of ass, ruined Ginny's character, ruined Harry's character and became a great representation of the fact that romance cannot be forced, it should come naturally. And it could not come naturally with HG or HHr in my opinion.
Best post ever Mary. Agreed 100%. I will never see Harry/Hermione as anything more than friends becuase of the reasons you stated there. They both love Ron more than they love each other. And Harry's often stated that he likes and prefers Ron over Hermione. Now how does that make for an epic relationship I'll never understand. But I agree with you 100% on everything you just said regarding Harry/Hermione. Those are my exact reasons for hating them as a potential couple too.

"Its about who you fall in love with."

John Paul McQueen & Craig Dean

Old 02-25-2012, 08:22 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by endlessblaze (View Post)
Best post ever Mary. Agreed 100%. I will never see Harry/Hermione as anything more than friends becuase of the reasons you stated there. They both love Ron more than they love each other. And Harry's often stated that he likes and prefers Ron over Hermione. Now how does that make for an epic relationship I'll never understand. But I agree with you 100% on everything you just said regarding Harry/Hermione. Those are my exact reasons for hating them as a potential couple too.
Glad you liked the way I put it, sometimes I just don't know how to express why I dislike the idea of both HG and HHr. To me, both should have been just friends and nothing more. HG was a hero worshipping and had zero build up. And Harry/Hermione were good as friends but they lacked everything to become a romantic pairing, starting with the fact that they did not even find each other attractive. I mean the books were written from Harry's pov and we would have noticed if his vision of Hermione changed throughout the years, yet untill the end she was stll nothing more to him than just a friend and a girl with bushy hair and big teath. He didn't find her attrative as a woman and even when it came to her attitude she annoyed him so often that he prefered Ron's company to her. Heck, he even says that himself, hanging out with Hermione was ok, but it was nothing compared to Ron's company. Harry prefered his male friend to Hermione, how could HHr even be a healthy relationship?

Old 02-25-2012, 09:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Klaus/Caroline I actually stopped watching TVD after episode 10 this season when I saw people talking about Klaus/Caroline in episode 11, initially it was because personally as a Stefan/Caroline fan, not even as a shipper, as a friendship fan, I was actually offended, how come after an entire season worth of friendship SC don't get any scenes together and now all of a sudden the writers are introducing a new romantic storyline for Caroline? and last night when I finally did watch episode 11, I found a whole lot of new reasons to hate them.
I'm not good with long descriptive posts like some of you guys here so I'll just pour my ranting heart out.
WHY is the fact that Klaus saves her in the end of the episode supposed to be considered a kind, if not romantic gesture WHEN IT WAS HIS PLAN AND IDEA TO BITE HER IN THE FIRST PLACE. Saving someone is not considered romantic if you did the hurting in the first place and also where the hell did his speech to Caroline as she lay dying come from? and the present? like, seriously?? I'm supposed to believe Klaus, who has NEVER before even LOOKED at Caroline is suddenly developing "feelings" for the very girl he HIMSELF ORDERED BITTEN No, just no, no, no, a thousand times no, if Klaus doesn't have an ulterior motive then NONE of this makes sense :| I won't even begin on how much of a hypocrite this is making Caroline cause everyone's already mentioned that.
Urgh I just ... I hate these two with SUCH a passion, and I hate what this is doing to Caroline, my favorite character.
But oh joy, judging by the gifs on tumblr, I have pony drawings to look forward to

[TWENTY YEARS OF YOUNG AMERICANS!]
Join us for one l a s t celebration!♡
♪_where would we be without a little l o v e?
[ Sheida : Tumblr | Twitter | Instagram ]
Old 02-25-2012, 09:36 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by s e r e n i t y (View Post)
Klaus/Caroline I actually stopped watching TVD after episode 10 this season when I saw people talking about Klaus/Caroline in episode 11, initially it was because personally as a Stefan/Caroline fan, not even as a shipper, as a friendship fan, I was actually offended, how come after an entire season worth of friendship SC don't get any scenes together and now all of a sudden the writers are introducing a new romantic storyline for Caroline? and last night when I finally did watch episode 11, I found a whole lot of new reasons to hate them.
I'm not good with long descriptive posts like some of you guys here so I'll just pour my ranting heart out.
WHY is the fact that Klaus saves her in the end of the episode supposed to be considered a kind, if not romantic gesture WHEN IT WAS HIS PLAN AND IDEA TO BITE HER IN THE FIRST PLACE. Saving someone is not considered romantic if you did the hurting in the first place and also where the hell did his speech to Caroline as she lay dying come from? and the present? like, seriously?? I'm supposed to believe Klaus, who has NEVER before even LOOKED at Caroline is suddenly developing "feelings" for the very girl he HIMSELF ORDERED BITTEN No, just no, no, no, a thousand times no, if Klaus doesn't have an ulterior motive then NONE of this makes sense :| I won't even begin on how much of a hypocrite this is making Caroline cause everyone's already mentioned that.
Urgh I just ... I hate these two with SUCH a passion, and I hate what this is doing to Caroline, my favorite character.
But oh joy, judging by the gifs on tumblr, I have pony drawings to look forward to

I actually enjoyed that particular scene on Caroline's birthday but I couldn't even begin to see it as romantic. Klaus was his usual evil self there and I was fine with it. But then writers pull this crap about how Klaus "fancies" her and he acts like a 14 years old nerd om first date with a girl he barely even noticed through the course of previous months. And this way, in the most idiotic and contrived manner ever, we are getting one of the AU pairings happening instead of having at least few scenes with Stefan/Caroline and some respect to their CANON friendship? Seriously, TVD?! If Caroline is meant to have a vampire as a romantic interest then it should be Stefan, not the Voldemort of TVD series aka Klaus.

Old 02-25-2012, 09:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

Anyone who dates Barney or Robin on HIMYM
Blair/Dan
Jackie/Hyde
Rachel/Joey
Susan/Mike
Lynette/Tom
Quinn and anyone but Puck on Glee
The Evil Queen/Rumple - OUAT
(HTGAWM) Connor&Oliver, (OITNB) John&Daya, (B99) Jake&Amy, (NCIS: LA) Deeks&Kensi, (Castle) Castle&Beckett, (Nashville) Deacon&Rayna, (Chicago Fire) Casey&Dawson, (GMW) Cory&Topanga
Old 02-25-2012, 10:02 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by s e r e n i t y (View Post)
Klaus/Caroline
First of all:

Quote:
I actually stopped watching TVD after episode 10 this season when I saw people talking about Klaus/Caroline in episode 11, initially it was because personally as a Stefan/Caroline fan, not even as a shipper, as a friendship fan, I was actually offended, how come after an entire season worth of friendship SC don't get any scenes together and now all of a sudden the writers are introducing a new romantic storyline for Caroline?
Right. I don't understand what TVD's obsession is with constantly introducing new romances. You should do justice to the relationships you have already built up, not drop them and rush through a new one. It's like they're just throwing stuff at the wall and seeing what sticks, without actually thinking any of it through. I don't just mean this is regards to S/C, but to Tyler/Caroline too. I don't ship it, but they spent half of last season building it up, and now it's just suddenly dropped? In order to hook Caroline up with the guy who was the sole reason Tyler and Caroline broke up? None of this makes any sense!

Quote:
and last night when I finally did watch episode 11, I found a whole lot of new reasons to hate them.
WHY is the fact that Klaus saves her in the end of the episode supposed to be considered a kind, if not romantic gesture WHEN IT WAS HIS PLAN AND IDEA TO BITE HER IN THE FIRST PLACE. Saving someone is not considered romantic if you did the hurting in the first place and also where the hell did his speech to Caroline as she lay dying come from? and the present? like, seriously?? I'm supposed to believe Klaus, who has NEVER before even LOOKED at Caroline is suddenly developing "feelings" for the very girl he HIMSELF ORDERED BITTEN No, just no, no, no, a thousand times no, if Klaus doesn't have an ulterior motive then NONE of this makes sense
THIS. I don't understand it at all. WHEN did Klaus apparently fall for Caroline? Had he ever spoken to her before that scene? Had they ever even been in the same room?

And seriously, nothing about that scene is romantic. Healing somebody from an injury you caused is not romantic. It's manipulative, borderline abusive. This entire relationship is so unbelievably messed-up.

Quote:
Caroline can never, ever get together with him. It doesn't matter how many necklaces or pictures he gives her, this is the guy who:
a) Wants to use her best friend as a human blood bag,
b) Attempted to kill said best friend a few months ago,
c) Also attempted to kill her another of her best friends,
d) Actually succeeded in killing her best friend's aunt,
e) Attempted to kill her boyfriend,
f) Attempted to kill her,
h) Took away her boyfriend's free will,
i) Took away the free will of another of her best friends,
j) Attempted to kill her again.

In what universe would Caroline every consider betraying her friends and actually hooking up with this guy? I swear, if she ever does, it means her character is officially ruined and I will never be able to forgive this show for ruining my (second) favourite character.

And of course, I can't even begin to comprehend the sheer level of OOC that Klaus is suffering right now. He was the best villain the show ever had, a real menacing presence. He slaughtered a girl's entire family and chased her for 500 years because she disobeyed him, he killed anyone in his way without feeling or remorse, he was universally feared and known as the most vicious and dangerous creature ever to have walked the Earth. And now he goes dress-shopping and sits around drawing pretty pictures of ponies.

My brain is actually starting to hurt from how incredibly little sense this all makes. I want to slam my head against a wall just to escape the unbelievable stupidity of this entire storyline.

Quote:
Oh, the ponies. Possibly the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary ksand (View Post)

I actually enjoyed that particular scene on Caroline's birthday but I couldn't even begin to see it as romantic. Klaus was his usual evil self there and I was fine with it. But then writers pull this crap about how Klaus "fancies" her and he acts like a 14 years old nerd om first date with a girl he barely even noticed through the course of previous months. And this way, in the most idiotic and contrived manner ever, we are getting one of the AU pairings happening instead of having at least few scenes with Stefan/Caroline and some respect to their CANON friendship? Seriously, TVD?! If Caroline is meant to have a vampire as a romantic interest then it should be Stefan, not the Voldemort of TVD series aka Klaus.
Yeah, the first scene was at least kind of in-character. Hell, it would be a lot better if Klaus was actually still being abusive and evil towards Caroline, because at least that would be in character.

I thought I would hate Klaus/Caroline for similar reasons to why I hate Damon/Elena - a ship largely consisting of one person being an abusive, controlling bastard towards the other. But I've ended up hating it like I hate Harry/Ginny - because of the unbelievable OOC-ness and the spectacular lack of build-up.

I can't believe something that was a completely AU ship a few episodes ago - literally they had no interaction and are so completely different a relationship between them would make little sense - is actually being done in the show. Is the show just going to hash out everything now? What will we see next? Kol/Bonnie? Jeremy/Katherine? Elena/The Cheshire Cat? I wouldn't put anything past these writers anymore.

Harry/Ginny
Klaus/Caroline

^I don't accept these couples. My brain simply refuses to accept that things so completely dumb could actually exist in a logical world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkleyღ (View Post)
Anyone who dates Barney or Robin on HIMYM
ITA. It's annoying, because I actually liked the idea of them being in relationships with other people. They both needed to mature and learn to be in a relationship before they can get together for good. But every single one of their relationships has been written so incredibly badly. They're either dragged on pointlessly for the sake of drama (Robin/Ted) or have no build-up and involve the character's acting in bizarre, OOC ways (Robin/Kevin, Barney/Nora, Barney/Quinn, Robin/Don).

Last edited by The_Void; 02-25-2012 at 10:23 AM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread