Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2011, 09:32 AM
Elite Fan

Beautifull art I think at that point they where as close to each other as they never where to anyone else in their lives.

icon: swanspirate@tumblr
Old 08-28-2011, 09:34 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary ksand (View Post)
You see, with Joss shows it is never about formulas or cliches. I know how you feel about DE and they are compared ot SB sometimes but in my opinion they are nothing alike I like DE, but they are nothing like Spuffy or at least I don't see it. SB is not just a story of a "bad" vampire changing for the better for a girl. For me it was a story of someone who, even after losing a soul, wanted to feel everything and what he felt for Buffy was the most real of those feelings. It was a story of two persons who did not want to play by anyone's rules. Who made a great team even when they where mortal enemies. Buffy was someone who kept her heart locked for a very long time but Spike managed to break throug the walls around her heart. They both made each other better people, they evolved together and went through so much together. At least this is the way I see it. It's completelly ok if you or others see it differently
That's the thing, I just don't think someone can feel love, real love, without a soul. But I agree with you in not underestimating Joss. I'll wait until I see S/B happen to form a real opinion on them

Quote:
Really other than the the bad guy changing for the good girl is pretty much the only thing I see that is like Spuffy with DE.
That's exactly the formula that I don't like

But anyway, back to the love:

Romance:

Castle/Beckett
Lanie/Esposito

Friendships and family:

Beckett/Lanie
Ryan/Esposito
Beckett/Ryan/Esposito
Beckett/Montgomery
Castle/Ryan/Esposito/Beckett
Castle/Alexis/Martha
Castle/Alexis
Martha/Castle

Characters:

Richard Castle/Life
Kate Beckett/Life
Alexis Castle/Life
Martha Rodgers/Life
Roy Montgomery/Life
Javier Esposito/Life
Kevin Ryan/Life
Lanie Parish/Life

And just in general, Castle/Existence

Last edited by dreamywriter19; 08-28-2011 at 09:39 AM
Old 08-28-2011, 09:40 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Spike can feel love without a soul. He wouldn't have fought for a soul if he didn't. It just wasn't the human kind that he needed to be with Buffy. After he got one his love for her was So selfless. He only came back to help her and didn't even expect her to love him back.

Angelus is the one that can't love without one.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 08-28-2011, 09:40 AM
Elite Fan

My vision of this story is that I don't really think that Spike changed FOR Buffy, I think he changed because of Buffy, she was his inspiration, but he wanted to do it for himself. He was always different from other soulles vampires, even before meeting Buffy...

But that is all IMO and I don't want to force my opinion on any of you All I can say is that BTVS is worth watching no matter what couple you ship: both, none, etc. It is just amazing series from the beginning till the end.

Good points Jaime I think Spike's ability to love without a soul was his uniqueness. Darla could love without a soul too. Even Dru could, in a very weird way, but still. Spike was the most special out of them IMO. Like a part of his soul was always there, even one of the writers came up with that theory.

Old 08-28-2011, 09:41 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Agreed Mary.

I think Spuffy were closer to each other than anybody else too.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 08-28-2011, 09:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

^ Mary, I love your Xena/Gabrielle icon. I haven't watched Xena in a gazillion years but I loved that show and XG's relationship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Up A Sun (View Post)
I want everyone to watch the amazing shows I watch and I love when I watch shows that a lot don't seem to know and I can introduce them to the awesome. Aw well that's okay. You pimped Chuck to me... and Wonderfalls and Pushing Daisies... the last two I still need to finish but most certainly will. I just get distracted... ask anyone.

I'm very happy for that. I think you'll really love it the more you watch. I know it might seem like just a very formulaic show with the con storylines but then you throw in the characters and you get to see them grow and change and interact and it's really brilliant to watch. Well there are two female characters in the show and both are BAMF. I adore Parker though... you might really love her. She's socially awkward but she's a brilliant thief and once you start to learn more about her and see her grow you'll adore her... and she's BAMF. Sophie is badass from the start but she's still got room to grow and she's a bit of a mystery... she gets to play all these great characters in the cons. Aww. Well hopefully now that you're on holiday you'll have some time to watch things.

Really? Nika or I haven't told you? I'm shocked. Ria could probably explain it better but basically these anomalies stat opening up, in and around London of course, and they're to another time, past or future. Most of the time they're to the past where dinosaurs or prehistoric creatures come out and the ARC team, Professor Cutter, Connor, Stephen, Claudia, Lester, and Abby have to find the creatures and bring them back to the anomaly. Cutter and Connor try to figure out how the anomalies form and whether or not they can predict them or close/open them. There's of course bad guys, one in particular that I hate with a fiery passion, and storylines that weave throughout the episodes and connect the seasons. I'm sure that doesn't sound too exciting but it's so good.
Primeval Season 1 Trailer - YouTube

Also... love all the Peggy/Steve gifs. I love them.
No worries, I get distracted too. Once you start them back up, Wonderfalls and PD shouldn't take you too long anyway since they got cancelled so fast. /sarcasm and bitterness.

Yup Parker was the one I heard about so far. I think Nika reblogged some stuff on Tumblr. That definitely sounds interesting, I love shows with morally grey characters because they're so much more interesting than straight out black-and-white type of characters. I just know one of the male characters since he was on Angel. He played Lindsey, right?

Thanks for the synopsis. It sounds like a really unique storyline and sci-fi related as well, which I love. For some reason, I thought that Dominic Purcell was linked to the show ... a Primeval movie, maybe? Or maybe I'm just mixing up shows and actors again.

I *love* Steve/Peggy but more importantly, I love Peggy. Fiercest HBIC ever. She's tough, can kick ass - yet retains her feminity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickle-weasel! (View Post)
Ngl, I saw her respond that she didn't know what it was, I wanted to jump in and start squee'ing about it I have to say that it sounds very weird, and odd, but don't judge it by that. It's actually really good.
Yup, I'm not judging it until I watch it. I tend to love offbeat shows so this one sounds like it's right up my alley.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 08-28-2011, 09:49 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
^ Mary, I love your Xena/Gabrielle icon. I haven't watched Xena in a gazillion years but I loved that show and XG's relationship.
Thank you bb. And I haven't watched Xena in million years as well, but the other day I found a blog on Tumblr dedicated to this show and went extremely nostalgic This show was like nothing else and probably the first television show that actually made me emotional, laugh, cry, think about it all the time There was just something about it, something you can't forget even after so many years And XG story and friendship was epic indeed. I think Xena will always be one of the strongest impressions in my life when it comes to television.

Quote:
I think Spuffy were closer to each other than anybody else too.
That's true

Old 08-28-2011, 09:53 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Spuffy never connected to anybody like they did to each other that night they just slept in each others arms.

Old 08-28-2011, 09:55 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I think Spike's ability to love without a soul was his uniqueness. Darla could love without a soul too. Even Dru could, in a very weird way, but still. Spike was the most special out of them IMO.
Good points. We'll see then, I guess
Old 08-28-2011, 10:01 AM
Elite Fan

Just keep watching the show, Caro, it is not about shipping, it is about amazingess of BTVS

Love that art. Notice how he acknowledged that he is a monster but he was thankfull that Buffy saw a man in him. Because that's what he wanted to be.

Old 08-28-2011, 10:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm shipping Andrew/Emma pretty hard in light of the recent candids.
Whether they're just friends, a couple or something on the side. I wholeheartedly support it.

Gwen Stacey/Peter Parker
Arthur/Guinevere
[camelot]
Daenerys/Drogo [game of thrones]
Jason Momoa/Life

~-Sarah-~, I've yet to see Captain America but I just wanted to say that I love Hayley Atwell. Ever since The Duchess. So it's nice to see her [in some form] get some love here.
Old 08-28-2011, 10:17 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Just keep watching the show, Caro, it is not about shipping, it is about amazingess of BTVS
Will do

Arthur/Morgana so much right now

Old 08-28-2011, 11:45 AM
Total Fan

James/Lily a million times over.
nobody, not even the rain, has such small hands
Old 08-28-2011, 12:09 PM
Master Fan

After seeing the Advice from Castle vid, CASTLE/BECKETT

please don't shoot

Castle/Beckett
Nathan/Stana
Ryan Sage/Life
Ryan Sage/Writing

Old 08-28-2011, 12:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:

Love that art. Notice how he acknowledged that he is a monster but he was thankfull that Buffy saw a man in him. Because that's what he wanted to be.
Exactly.

That was before he had a soul.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread