Buffy/Angel

Dan/Blair

Arthur/Morgana

Brooke/Lucas

Old 08-28-2011, 08:10 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Caro have you watched anymore of Buffy?

I can't ever get enough of Spuffy.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 08-28-2011, 08:16 AM
Elite Fan

That's a beautiful spuffy art

OTP for life

icon: swanspirate@tumblr
Old 08-28-2011, 08:21 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I know they are just amazing.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 08-28-2011, 08:30 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Caro have you watched anymore of Buffy?
No School is being impossible

Mary, who are those in your icon?
Old 08-28-2011, 08:34 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamywriter19 (View Post)
No School is being impossible

Mary, who are those in your icon?
I hope you'll be able to watch more soon Even if you don't end up liking Spuffy, season 5 is all kinds of awesome, strongest season of BTVS and it has the most epic villian of all television aka Glory

It's Xena and Gabriells in my icon (from "Xena Warrior Princess"). I became so nostalgic over it the other day It was my childhood. First show that made me emotional and definitelly one of my most favourite shows of all time. It wasn't even the best one, but definitelly hte most special one to me. I keep comparing all the modern shows to it and none of them just can compare...

That Spuffy art "I love you. Spike" where the last words Buffy said on the show

Old 08-28-2011, 08:35 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm sorry Caro.

Old 08-28-2011, 08:41 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary ksand (View Post)
I hope you'll be able to watch more soon Even if you don't end up liking Spuffy, season 5 is all kinds of awesome, strongest season of BTVS and it has the most epic villian of all television aka Glory
Me too. I don't know how I'll feel about S/B, basically because I adore B/A and S/B has one of my most recently developed hated formulas, but I mainly hope I'll keep loving both Buffy and Spike.

Quote:
It's Xena and Gabriells in my icon (from "Xena Warrior Princess"). I became so nostalgic over it the other day It was my childhood. First show that made me emotional and definitelly one of my most favourite shows of all time. It wasn't even the best one, but definitelly hte most special one to me. I keep comparing all the modern shows to it and none of them just can compare...
Aww I know how that feels.

Quote:
I'm sorry.
I can tell Don't hit me
Old 08-28-2011, 08:45 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I hope you keep loving them too.

Old 08-28-2011, 08:49 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Me too. I don't know how I'll feel about S/B, basically because I adore B/A and S/B has one of my most recently developed hated formulas, but I mainly hope I'll keep loving both Buffy and Spike.
You see, with Joss shows it is never about formulas or cliches. I know how you feel about DE and they are compared ot SB sometimes but in my opinion they are nothing alike I like DE, but they are nothing like Spuffy or at least I don't see it. SB is not just a story of a "bad" vampire changing for the better for a girl. For me it was a story of someone who, even after losing a soul, wanted to feel everything and what he felt for Buffy was the most real of those feelings. It was a story of two persons who did not want to play by anyone's rules. Who made a great team even when they where mortal enemies. Buffy was someone who kept her heart locked for a very long time but Spike managed to break throug the walls around her heart. They both made each other better people, they evolved together and went through so much together. At least this is the way I see it. It's completelly ok if you or others see it differently

Beautiful art

Old 08-28-2011, 08:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Really other than the the bad guy changing for the good girl is pretty much the only thing I see that is like Spuffy with DE. I don't think Damon is really changing or being redeemed that much though.

Great post Mary.

Old 08-28-2011, 09:03 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime Bee (View Post)
Really other than the the bad guy changing for the good girl is pretty much the only thing I see that is like Spuffy with DE. I don't think Damon is really changing or being redeemed that much though.

Great post Mary.
The thing is that BTVS is clearly superiour to TVD when it comes to character developement, at least in my opinion. Spike is a better written character than Damon and Buffy is a better written character than Elena. Everythign about Spike's journey made sense, even very dark aspects of it. It was never done for shocking effect. And I think even though Buffy inspired him to change, first and foremost he did it for himself, because he was never like other soulles vampires. He had a stronger will than them IMO. He comflicted the demon in him, he challenged that demon. He fought him off. He didn't give himself excuses, he just came to the point when he realized he needs to beat this demon and win back his soul, because he wasn't complete without it, because he couldn't even bear a thought of EVER hurting Buffy.

Damon is a great character and he can have a great evolation if only writers stop the freaking mess they put him through for shocking effect. But his story is different from Spike's and his personality is different too. I don;t think they are anything alike At all.

Old 08-28-2011, 09:09 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I pretty much agree with all that too.

I can see some similarites between Spike and Damon but for the most part they are different.

Old 08-28-2011, 09:13 AM
Elite Fan

I really don't think they are similar in any aspect, but that's just me. Maybe some things in their backstory is similar but their personalities heavily differ. Damon is a womanizing type and he doesn't have a will as strong as Spike has. Damon's journey is about fighting with his weakness and learning to handle his feelings while Spike's journey was about using his strength to fight the demon inside him. Spike, even after being turned, kept William's personality and deep inside he still had a heart of a poet.

Old 08-28-2011, 09:20 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Good points.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread