Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2012, 04:28 AM
Passionate Fan

Thanks for the sendoff. I will try to post briefly from time to time while I am out on location. Wow, this thread is on page four already. I hope we can recruit more people here. Bumping.

New episode tonight! One Direction will be on. I am not a fangirl but it will draw more hype and possibly increase ratings. I don't understand why Miranda is getting hatemail over One Direction. Though wouldn't it be huge if she dated one of them...probably not. I would suggest people discussing the epsiode here.
Old 04-07-2012, 07:54 AM
Dedicated Fan

Creddie-specific stills taken from the 1D Thread:

HQ

Carly's dress is adorable

Last edited by MixSaysRawr; 04-07-2012 at 08:16 AM
Old 04-07-2012, 10:50 AM
New Fan

Count me in.
Old 04-07-2012, 06:03 PM
Passionate Fan

Carly called Freddie hotpants. They had a cute moment when Freddie asked her about the cupholder. They just have good chemistry without even trying. I loved the little looks shared between them. Freddie would have checked into hotel "Carlyfornia" and never would want to leave.

However, I did not like how Freddie did not take care of Carly when she was sick, that just seemed OOC to me. I know first season Freddie would have been concerned and even panicked. At least there were no Seddie overtones.

The Spencer storyline was meh.

If One Direction had been around when I was a teen, I would probably be fangirling over their cuteness. I am surprised there was no flirtation between Carly and any of the guys.
Old 04-08-2012, 12:21 PM
Part-Time Fan

I don't think it's too big a deal that Freddie didn't rush to take care of her, he probably took his cue from Spencer. If her BROTHER doesn't think she's particularly poorly then it's probably nothing to be too concerned about, particularly weighing the options - girl throwing up or having a steak before Sam eats them all...

The Hotel Carlyfornia line was hilarious - and I loved the bedside photo of Freddie in Carly's room. I wonder if she kisses it goodnight?
Old 04-08-2012, 12:38 PM
Dedicated Fan

Now that I watched the episode...

1D

Spencer's plot made me giggle a bit. Predictable, but Jerry played it to the hilt. So.

The way he glanced down at "hot pants" and the hotel Carlyfornia was adorable.

Again...this is a comedy. If we expect dramatic reactions from characters at sickness or injury...we're gonna be disappointed. Always.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:32 AM
Passionate Fan

Wow, I thought this thread would have gotten more responses after the last episode. Bumping and posting a quick reply again because once again it drifted off to page four.

It is a comedy but we do expect some realistic reactions from the characters especially when it comes to Freddie's dynamic with Carly which we have not seen in awhile. If I used the, " it's a comedy" excuse for everything, then the Seddie arc and everything about that ship can be rationalized...and I don't agree with that. Lately, Dan keeps imposing moments where the other characters are apathetic towards Carly as humor. This is the second time this has happened.

Overall, it was a good episode Creddie-wise considering we haven't had any special moments btw Carly & Freddie for a long time. We need to gradually see Freddie's crush return. It was nice to see the focus put on Carly for a change instead of the show being iSam. The humor was cute. I wish we could have seen random dancing with
1D. Now I have that song stuck in my head.

I have had to block some people on tumblr because they keep bashing Miranda horribly. Poor girl, she doesn't deserve this flaming. She has been getting death threats on twitter. It is mostly the opposite for Jennette who has become more popular with a lot of 1D fangirls. I don't get the double standard. Also, Miri is a true fan of these guys. She did not date Niall nor did she ever insult him.

Does anybody know the ratings yet? I hope it got a boost.

FYI, for new posters here. If you encounter any opposing shippers or trolls, just report it to the mods and they will be banned after a warning. Also, people tend to follow guidelines on FF by sticking to their own threads. Don't post on the Sam/Freddie thread unless you are a true multi-shipper. Respect goes both ways. Do not re-post or quote them on this thread but we can vent about general commentary.

Last edited by Venetia; 04-09-2012 at 11:45 AM
Old 04-09-2012, 01:00 PM
Dedicated Fan

I bet the ratings are insane.

Also, Cupcake pointed this out on the boards so I thought I'd repost.

Old 04-09-2012, 09:05 PM
Passionate Fan

Crikey, I keep being concerned about this thread even though I said I would be too busy during the next two months because of my extended job duties but it keeps going off into oblivion. I can't help but bump it up. It is new and we need to recruit more followers. In due time, I hope we can get Miranda or even the show, its own board.

Aw, that picset parallel is so cute & sweet! I didn't notice the reference there. It is possible that Dan had used that as subtext.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:02 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venetia (View Post)
I have had to block some people on tumblr because they keep bashing Miranda horribly. Poor girl, she doesn't deserve this flaming. She has been getting death threats on twitter. It is mostly the opposite for Jennette who has become more popular with a lot of 1D fangirls. I don't get the double standard. Also, Miri is a true fan of these guys. She did not date Niall nor did she ever insult him.
I assume a lot of them are Jenette "ultras", the same ones that went after Nathan on twitter a while ago when he got a girlfriend (these "fans" think he should be dating Jenette - both on-screen and in real life )

The other problem for Miranda is that those who know her say she's quite shy in real life, which to some can come across as being something of a diva - when she was on-stage at the KCAs with RDJ neither looked like they really wanted to be there (contrast that with Nathan when he went up to present the Favourite UK Band blimp, he looked like there was nowhere he'd rather be), I'm sure Miranda is happy enough to do stuff like that but would rather spend her evenings with her friends privately - and to some it comes across as her having an attitude problem.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:38 AM
Dedicated Fan

I don't understand why for so many people, Creddie = Mathan and Seddie = Jathan, and if you ship one you have to hate the other actress.

Obviously I ship Creddie, but I'd be more likely to ship Jathan than Mathan. The actors =/= the characters, and while I understand supporting both, I don't see why it almost always is that way.

Especially the Jennette ultras who think Miranda is ugly.

Uhm.

She is stinkin' beeyootiful.

Jennette is very attractive as well. Why must we (and by that I mean the fandom as a whole, not y'all, because you two don't do that ) hate on the actors?
Old 04-10-2012, 09:25 PM
Passionate Fan

Personally, for me Creddie and Seddie don't correlate with real life but there is certain info that makes me draw a connection which might seem like an overlap but is a separate analysis. I can't go into detail but some people understand what I am talking about.

I have found out some info about the Miranda/Jennette dynamic over the years from reliable inside sources which makes me support one actress over another. I don't want to get too deep into it because I don't want to personally flame anybody. However, I just have to say that Jennette and Sam have a lot more in common than one would think except it is more underhanded in real life. Miranda is a saint for putting up with certain tactics because she didn't deserve to get a bad reputation with the Nick girl clique because a certain rival was jealous. We know there is evidence to back this up with the twitter meltdown and I have seen too many catty remarks from you know who that supports what people have told me.

Oddly enough, Miranda seems to get along better with the guys from the Nick and Disney shows than the girls. Girls can be so catty, vindictive, and manipulative at times. Miranda has shown a lot of grace, class, and dignity. She has made such an effort to be friends with Jennette and the other girls who unforunately rallied around Jennette because they wrongly think of Miranda as some arrogant diva when that is not true. Though some of the girls like Ariana are starting to become friends with her and that makes me happy. I think she and Gage were on good terms too. Miranda is a sweetheart. I think I am a good judge of character, and she seems like a down to earth and very grounded young woman. If you ever talk to her, you will also realize how intelligent and mature she is. She doesn't know how to play the Hollywood game. I really respect her so much.

Unfortunately, the Miranda-Jennette dynamic also affected the Miranda-Nathan dynamic over the years. Now they are all making an effort to be more civil and friendly but it is not exactly sincere. Appearances can be deceiving. Anyway, Nathan has a girlfriend now so it doesn't matter. I really think Nathan and Jennette had potential at one time when they were younger but it gradually did evolve into a real sibling dynamic and Jennette got over her crush on him. Friends can sometimes be possessive of one another but I think they grew out of that. As for Mathan, maybe I shouldn't say too much about it but one party did used to have a big crush on the other but was rejected. It was an off-on attraction that got tempered by loyalty towards another. Anyway, it's potential is dead now. However, Jerry genuinely has always gotten along well with all three of them.

Miranda, god bless her. She gets flamed more than anybody else from the Nick/Disney shows and she doesn't deserve it. Good people sometimes attract a lot of negative attention because it just automatically draws out the worst in people. She is exotically beautiful and has the potential to break out after iCarly is over. She is shy, passive, and socially awkward with different tastes/interests compared to outgoing and witty Nathan and Jennette who are socially savvy, energetic, extroverted, athletic & close with most of the other actors from the Nick group. There were also some differences in backgrounds with politics and religion. Then Jennette and Nathan were viewed as the sidekicks and they got paid less. They were both tutored together. Miranda has a different sense of humor. However, it is character, not celebrity charm that matters. Okay, I probably have to shut up now before I draw negative attention. I like Nathan too and.....Jennette is very talented. I'm sorry for going on and on about the actors but I couldn't help it. I have my reasons for liking and disliking people which has nothing to do with ships.

I am know I am shooting my mouth off too much. I am upset because I was pulled out of my work experience and am seeking new employment right now. Things didn't work out and I hate my life right now. What I shared was just a FYI rant and you don't have to agree but I know some people know what I said rings true. I NEVER troll Jennette's fanbase on her tags and threads nor do I tweet anything negative about her. Nathan's tag unfortunately has turned into a Jathan and Seddie tag. I just leave it alone. I wish people would leave the Miranda and Creddie tag alone. Mathan is a separate entity than Creddie but I don't think it would be too bad if people post Mathan posts/pics here unless it really bothers people. Also, I know some Miranda fans that like Seddie or Jathan while some Jennette fans ( a small minority) started preferring Creddie after the Seddie arc became canon so it doesn't always correlate.

If what I said offends any Creddie shippers here, I won't bring it up again. If it offends Seddie shippers/Mccurdians...well, you shouldn't be lurking here in the first place.

Anyway, back to Creddie. What are your Creddie hopes for this season? Do you think we will get a Creddie slant or do you think it will end ship-neutral? Or do you think it will end in Seddie? The first part of the question is what you want and the second part is what you think Dan is leaning towards? I initially thought he was going for ship-neutral but I think there is still potential for a Creddie slant but we probably will just get some closure instead of a full-on relationship because I don't think he wants to ruin the dynamic of the trio. Obviously, what I want is Creddie endgame but I am afraid Dan would butcher it.

Last edited by Venetia; 04-10-2012 at 10:15 PM
Old 04-11-2012, 03:16 AM
Part-Time Fan

Sorry to hear your plans have been shredded Venetia, as difficult as it is you just have to believe that it will all work itself out for the best eventually and keep your chin up at times like this.

As for end-game, it's in Dan's interest to keep the fans guessing: the Seddie arc alienated a lot of the fan base who have never returned (12m for iSYL, approx 2.5m for the Seddie arc, under 4m for iG1D) so he probably doesn't want to show his hand too early and upset anyone else. However the burgeoning Creddie hints we have seen in the last couple of eps are promising, from my PoV anyway, and I still think a Creddie finish will happen (not least because of the dance in iSD), but not until the final episode or two
Old 04-11-2012, 07:14 AM
Passionate Fan

Thanks for the consolation and advice, dg31. I appreciate that. I am going through a really rough time right now. It is so hard to find work in this economy especially with somebody with my anxiety issues/panic attacks (GAD) which limits my options. This thread has become a good distraction.

I was shocked to find out iGID only got 3.9 mil. I really thought the ratings would be high. It looks like iCarly has stabilized in this range though. That is sad, though it is a slight boost from last time. Alot of people are just watching online. I know tons of people just quit the show due to that infamous arc and many people were just bullied off of sites over too much fandom drama.

Thanks for answering my Creddie questions. I agree, the few hints we have gotten seem to be promising and it looks like Dan is testing the waters. I do think it is more likely we will get a Creddie slant than a Seddie one at this point. It is not even officially determined if the last 13 episodes will be the final season, I heard it is possible that plan fell out and we might get a longer final season because they are behind schedule. Miri might have to accomodate her college plans. I am not sure. It really depends on the schedule and how long we have. It makes sense if there was any shipping slant done, that it would probably be showed in the last several episodes.

Maybe a goodbye kiss with possible future implications. It would be nice to discuss what transpired after iSYL. I mean, they just dropped Freddie's crush after that. Freddie basically said that once the hero worship wore off ( by him saving her life) and if Carly wanted to be his girlfriend...he would be psyched about it. We got no closure over that and that was never addressed. What happened to Carly's feelings? I found it hard to believe, her attraction just disappeared. They were both into the kissing. Obviously, Dan doesn't want to isolate any fanbase but it is too late for that, the divide became too strong. We had tons of buildup in earlier seasons but if there is any sort of slant, we need more immediate groundwork. I don't want it to seem random like you know what. If that were the case, I would want more recent development of Carly and Freddie's feelings with some depth.

Then we need some better closure with that other infamous arc too because it was left kind of open-ended. It would be great if they gave Sam a boyfriend and Spencer a girlfriend. I know the show is not all about shipping but it became an important aspect of the show so I think fans would be dissatisfied if there was no romance resolution. Sam being alone would not sit well especially if Carly and Freddie end up together.

Last edited by Venetia; 04-11-2012 at 07:37 AM
Old 04-11-2012, 07:26 AM
Dedicated Fan

i really honestly think it won't end in Seddie, and i don't think that the only reason that i feel that way is because i don't want it to.

seriously. there was a note of finality. i can't see them revisiting that, unless Dan is just gonna be ridiculous about this. there was no Cory-Topanga "everybody expects them to get back together" dynamic there. it was just...break up. no post-breakup-tension, either.

i realize the same can be said for iSYL, which is why he could be aiming for ship-neutral, but iSYL was so long ago and it was only one episode.

i agree they need ship resolution for Sam, but i don't see it being required for Spencer. he wasn't a main part of the shipping, and he has a girl of the week...so while they might give him someone with implications of greater permanence, it's not really required. Sam, however, needs someone [whether someone already in the cast, someone brought back from an earlier episode, or someone new brought in as a lastminute hookup], both to appease her fans and just because...you know, she didn't get the guy. if she doesn't, i mean.

and they have to give Carly a boyfriend. she's the main character. whether that boyfriend is Freddie or someone else...well, time will tell.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread