Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2014, 06:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheridon (View Post)
Really? I should watch that ep again, I don't remember that.

Basically I just want someone to be outraged on Emma's behalf, I don't feel like she ever got the justice she deserved as a result of what he did.
She tells Hook all Henry knows about her interactions with Neal is the last time she saw him was when he left her in jail. Hook does have a sad facial expression though
Old 07-31-2014, 06:34 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randysgirl (View Post)
If they portray her story as having been adopted by that family and being sent back because that family had another child... I'm done with the show.

That is what Emma told Henry happened to her. I never thought it made sense, so I hope there's something more to the actual story as well. ESPECIALLY if they had gotten her when she was a baby.

"They're loyal beasts"
"They were loyal. Now they're starving."

Old 07-31-2014, 06:37 AM
New Fan

Quote:
It's when she played darts after the funeral I think.

Quote:
Basically I just want someone to be outraged on Emma's behalf, I don't feel like she ever got the justice she deserved as a result of what he did.
I agree!
Old 07-31-2014, 06:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Even Jen at Pailey asked when he's going to punch Neal in the face for leaving her in jail. It shows she was always a Cs fan
Old 07-31-2014, 06:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:

I pretty much stick to the thought that if the character is over it, then I'm over it, too. Emma seemed to accept that Neal had no choice and Neal did seem genuinely remorseful that it had to be that way. And I believe that if he had known about Henry then he would never have left her.

I mean, to be honest she did steal the watches so it's not like the jail time wasn't undeserved ... *ducking the thrown tomatoes*

As far as Emma in foster care, they have already stated back in Season one that her foster parents did return her (do children come with receipts?) when they had their own baby. However, Emma was three at the time so what she was told may not be the entire truth. I could see that maybe her magic was a danger to the baby and the parents felt they had no choice. Poor toddler Emma.

Also, a note about the tattoo ... Emma was in a foster home in Massachusetts, right? Tattooing was illegal in Massachusetts at that time, it wasn't legalized to have tattoo shops until 2000 (I'm from there) so I wonder if they will pay attention to that little detail, not that it's a big deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gautier (View Post)
It's when she played darts after the funeral I think.

Yup, Hook suggests she talk to Henry and Emma says she can't because as far as Henry knows Emma hasn't seen Neal since he left her in jail so anything she said would sound like she was making it up. Hook didn't have a reaction to that so it seemed he already knew.

It seems the consensus that Neal had to leave her so she could fulfill her destiny but we just haven't really seen why or who told August so ... it's a bit murky and makes Neal look bad.

Last edited by T'Lynn; 07-31-2014 at 06:51 AM
Old 07-31-2014, 06:49 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
That is what Emma told Henry happened to her. I never thought it made sense, so I hope there's something more to the actual story as well. ESPECIALLY if they had gotten her when she was a baby.
In that scene with Henry, she tells him that she was in the foster system and had a family until she was three. They sent her back when they had a child of their own. Children can live with foster parents for years sometimes, so that's what I believe happened. I just don't want to watch a show that would portray adoption as something that people do until they have biological children, then give them back. That would be a step too far for me. I don't care if they portray adoptive parents as jerks, that's fine! lol They can be as much as biological parents. Sometimes they can even be an evil queen.

"I don't need a congressional honor. I don't need Agent Thompson's approval or the President's. I know my value, anyone else's opinion doesn't really matter." - Agent Peggy Carter
Old 07-31-2014, 06:51 AM
Master Fan

^^^ For some reason I thought they had adopted her.. I think it might have been from her use of the word family, but I have a terrible memory, so that doesn't say much. But yeah, for me, that was a really weird story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T'Lynn (View Post)
I mean, to be honest she did steal the watches so it's not like the jail time was undeserved ... *ducking the thrown tomatoes*

As far as Emma in foster care, they have already stated back in Season one that her foster parents did return her (do children come with receipts?) when they had their own baby. However, Emma was three at the time so what she was told may not be the entire truth. I could see that maybe her magic was a danger to the baby and the parents felt they had no choice. Poor toddler Emma.

Also, a note about the tattoo ... Emma was in a foster home in Massachusetts, right? Tattooing was illegal in Massachusetts at that time, it wasn't legalized to have tattoo shops until 2000 (I'm from there) so I wonder if they will pay attention to that little detail, not that it's a big deal.
More like possession of stolen property.

If we're going that storyline, that makes much more sense to me than parents who went out of their way to adopt baby Emma giving her back a few years later when they had their own, so I kind of hope that that is what happens. Until recently I couldn't decide if she was fudging the truth for Henry's sake, or if that was just a giant overlook by the writers.

Maybe she did the tattoo herself? I know a lot of people that have.

"They're loyal beasts"

Last edited by sheridon; 07-31-2014 at 07:07 AM
Old 07-31-2014, 06:52 AM
New Fan

Quote:
I pretty much stick to the thought that if the character is over it, then I'm over it, too. Emma seemed to accept that Neal had no choice and Neal did seem genuinely remorseful that it had to be that way. And I believe that if he had known about Henry then he would never have left her.
Possibly and I think It's even worse for Emma. But It's a subjective opinion.

Quote:
I mean, to be honest she did steal the watches so it's not like the jail time was undeserved ... *ducking the thrown tomatoes*

Apparently. Regina tried to do the same thing with Henry.
Old 07-31-2014, 07:02 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:

I mean, to be honest she did steal the watches so it's not like the jail time wasn't undeserved ... *ducking the thrown tomatoes*

Yup, Hook suggests she talk to Henry and Emma says she can't because as far as Henry knows Emma hasn't seen Neal since he left her in jail so anything she said would sound like she was making it up. Hook didn't have a reaction to that so it seemed he already knew.

It seems the consensus that Neal had to leave her so she could fulfill her destiny but we just haven't really seen why or who told August so ... it's a bit murky and makes Neal look bad.
Really? Tattoo shops became legal in 2000?! Wow. That's kind of amazing that they weren't legal there until then. Did everyone just go to NH or something? lol

"I don't need a congressional honor. I don't need Agent Thompson's approval or the President's. I know my value, anyone else's opinion doesn't really matter." - Agent Peggy Carter
Old 07-31-2014, 07:05 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Really? Tattoo shops became legal in 2000?! Wow. That's kind of amazing that they weren't legal there until then. Did everyone just go to NH or something? lol
Or do it themselves with pen ink and a knife, like in that movie Fear. Anyone see that movie?

"They're loyal beasts"

Old 07-31-2014, 07:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Pretty much. I was in college in Boston in 1999 and I wanted to get a tattoo and found out there weren't shops because it wasn't legalized.

People also had tattoo parties where an artist would come to someone's house and tattoo a bunch of people. I didn't do that though because it seemed a little unsanitary
Old 07-31-2014, 07:15 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Or do it themselves with pen ink and a knife, like in that movie Fear. Anyone see that movie?
Yikes!

My relatives own a company that does makeup and tattoos (fake) for a number of movies and tv shows. One of the first things I did when I saw Hook's tattoo on OUAT was to find out if they were doing Once. Unfortunately, it's not one of ours. I came promise you though, I would have been on a plane to Vancouver right away to check on "quality control" if it had been!

Old 07-31-2014, 07:19 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
My relatives own a company that does makeup and tattoos (fake) for a number of movies and tv shows. One of the first things I did when I saw Hook's tattoo on OUAT was to find out if they were doing Once. Unfortunately, it's not one of ours. I came promise you though, I would have been on a plane to Vancouver right away to check on "quality control" if it had been!
That sounds awesome!! Did they do the one on Prison Break?

Quote:
Originally Posted by T'Lynn
People also had tattoo parties where an artist would come to someone's house and tattoo a bunch of people. I didn't do that though because it seemed a little unsanitary
Yup!

"They're loyal beasts"

Old 07-31-2014, 07:31 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
That sounds awesome!! Did they do the one on Prison Break?

Yup!
I don't know. I'll have to ask about that one!

Old 07-31-2014, 07:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I don't know the information about tattoos possibly because I had no interest in getting one. I do remember visiting a tattoo parlor at 16 with a friend when I was at a camp in Canada and I felt like I had gone to this really edgy place lol.
I only saw parts of Fear next time it's on tv ill see it. I grew up in Cali so it was legal there you had to be 18 though or have parental permission I think
Closed Thread   Post New Thread