Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2012, 07:34 PM
New Fan

Wow, does this board seem pretty dead or what .?

Here's a really great fan fiction of Bruce and Selina and aftermath of TDKR, in case anyone hasn't check it out. It's a little too angst at times for my taste, and it's Selina for me can either be really likeble, or not really likeble (which is really who she is .), but it's really well written, intense, and believable for an aftermath. It's not even close to completed i feel though.

You Look Better In Pearls Chapter 1, a batman begins/dark knight fanfic | FanFiction

Spoiler:
darkknightrises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 07:50 PM
Part-Time Fan

Break-in at the Batcave!

ladybeaumont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:30 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybeaumont (View Post)
From what I've heard, there are apparently similarities with

Spoiler:
Oh really? I've only completed about 10% of the game. I was starting to wonder
Spoiler:

Thanks for the fic rec darkknightrises! I think I've read a couple of chapters but I didn't realize how many chapters there were since I'd last looked for an update. I love that there are people writing fics for them. I need to find some free time so I can finish the companion fic to my lone BatCat fic.
Amy | visit The 100 | Icon: Voldara
brave princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:52 PM
Part-Time Fan

There's some interesting conversations going on right now on Tumblr about the BatCat relationship.

The discussion started because of this:

Spoiler:

And I thought these two responses were just brilliant and spot on particularly the 2nd one:

Spoiler:

I love that Bruce's reaction to their first kiss was mentioned because I noticed it too. I love how Bale played out that scene. He was definitely shaken and mesmerized like he's wondering who on earth is this woman that could have this effect on him.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:44 PM
New Fan

JRBudgrl: You're welcome, it's a really good fan fiction and definitely recommend reading it when you have the time . There are so many great fan fictions out there that I just can't pick my favorite one . I read your one about Bruce dreaming of Selina in the pit, and really enjoyed it, would definitely love to read more TDKR fan fictions from you . I also saw that you might write one about them having some fun sparring with each other, and I have to say I would definitely love to read that one, it would be so foreplay for them . I mean they need and deserve peace and happyiness together for the rest of their lives without any serious danger, but given their fighting skills it's hard to imagine them wasting them in case they're ever in danger again. So what better way than to practice with the person they love who's also a fighter as nice foreplay? I definitely picture them training their kids how to fight and defend themselves as well .

And I agree about them being so well matched. In ways it's Bruce over Selina, and Selina over Bruce, but in the end they're equally matched, because they both know how to challenge each other . They're both very strong people on their own because obviously they can hold their own, but that probablay makes them even stronger together.

They're strong enough to protect not only there selves, but each other.

ladybeaumont: Thanks for posting those responses because they are so right and the person that wrote what started it so missed the point of their relationship it's not even funny . Yes Bruce is damaged, but guess what? So is Selina. They're two damaged and dark people with lots of issues and losses, and that is just something that makes them even more perfect for each other. His soul mate before his parent's death was probably always suppose to be Rachel, but that event competley changed his life, but he was never able to move on from the life he always wanted to have and probably would have had if it wasn't for Joe Chil. Here comes Selina though and she actually helps him a bit moving on from that life he dreamed of. Rachel I definitely think always loved Bruce, and even still did before she died, but she couldn't deal with the dark side of him or understand him so that's why she lost true love interest in him as the years went by. Now he's found a woman that can understand him and love him for who he truly is without judging the poor guy. Yes his parents are still dead, but how the heck does that mean he can't have a normal life like he truly wants to? The ending was trying to show us he's moving on with his life, and he's finally found someone that can help him move from his sobbernees, Selina. The guy deserves a woman and to be happy in his life.I'm sure we can all agree with that? He will always grieve his parents death and even Rachel's I'm sure, but that doesn't mean he can't move on, and get a second chance he deserves.

I never for one second thought he was in love with Miranda. Just trusted her and definitely was attracted to her (it is Marion after all ). Sex doesn't equal love after one night especially when he than goes for five months. He saw Rachel in her fake personailty. I'll admit Bruce and Selina wasn't fully developed, but for the movie it definitely worked and the chemistry was spot on. I wouldn't say they were in love yet in the narrative because this Bruce and Selina we're talking about, plus Bruce has conflict feelings for Miranda, but it was definitely building up of a beginning and I can definitely say they were in love by the cafe scene . Especially since we don't even know how long has really past.

Bruce needs a strong woman in his life, and Selina needs a strong man is how I see it. They competle each other .

Like some one on another board said, Selina can never really be the nice and normal girl, and Bruce will never be able to be the guy that can be with a normal girl due to all his problems. Why they work really well together.

Are there any other couples TV or movie that you enjoy out there that are similar to Bruce & Selina? One that definitely comes to mind for me is Chuck & Sarah from the show, Chuck .

Last edited by darkknightrises; 09-18-2012 at 07:35 PM
Old 09-19-2012, 08:29 PM
Part-Time Fan

I think this is my favorite GIF set from the movie so far:

heaven�in a�wild flower

Spoiler:
Old 09-20-2012, 10:08 AM
Master Fan

^ OMG that gif set! That is perfection. The last gif gives me all kinds of feels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkknightrises (View Post)
I never for one second thought he was in love with Miranda. Just trusted her and definitely was attracted to her (it is Marion after all ). Sex doesn't equal love after one night especially when he than goes for five months. He saw Rachel in her fake personailty. I'll admit Bruce and Selina wasn't fully developed, but for the movie it definitely worked and the chemistry was spot on. I wouldn't say they were in love yet in the narrative because this Bruce and Selina we're talking about, plus Bruce has conflict feelings for Miranda, but it was definitely building up of a beginning and I can definitely say they were in love by the cafe scene . Especially since we don't even know how long has really past.
ITA especially with the bolded. It absolutely kills me that some people think that Bruce/Miranda having sex was anything but solace in that moment. Alfred had just crushed Bruce's world by telling him the truth about Rachel and then leaving him. We know that moment for Miranda was all about getting Bruce to trust her and finally let his guard down so she could metaphorically begin to sink the knife in, and for Bruce it was more about comfort. That moment was not about love. At. All.

Honestly, I felt like Bruce/Selina were developed enough that it made complete sense where they ended up by the time the credits rolled. The moments they had were effective and to me, were meaty enough that I could see the feelings growing between the two of them. I actually think those months apart when they were both in a prison made the attraction that they felt initially turn into something more. I don't need to see it on-screen to know that they both thought about each other and probably re-lived some of their moments together over those months.

I also agree about how much time had passed by the end of the movie. I'm fairly certain it had been awhile.
Spoiler:
Amy | visit The 100 | Icon: Voldara
brave princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:44 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRBudgrl8 (View Post)
^ OMG that gif set! That is perfection. The last gif gives me all kinds of feels.

ITA especially with the bolded. It absolutely kills me that some people think that Bruce/Miranda having sex was anything but solace in that moment. Alfred had just crushed Bruce's world by telling him the truth about Rachel and then leaving him. We know that moment for Miranda was all about getting Bruce to trust her and finally let his guard down so she could metaphorically begin to sink the knife in, and for Bruce it was more about comfort. That moment was not about love. At. All.

Honestly, I felt like Bruce/Selina were developed enough that it made complete sense where they ended up by the time the credits rolled. The moments they had were effective and to me, were meaty enough that I could see the feelings growing between the two of them. I actually think those months apart when they were both in a prison made the attraction that they felt initially turn into something more. I don't need to see it on-screen to know that they both thought about each other and probably re-lived some of their moments together over those months.

I also agree about how much time had passed by the end of the movie. I'm fairly certain it had been awhile.
Spoiler:
Agree with all of that . The relationship was definitely developed enough especially since it wasn't the main plot of the movie, and they already tried tricking us throughout the movie that Miranda was the real love interest for Bruce. And I agree that Bruce and Selina definitely thought a lot about each other while in prison. Just look how easily she regonizes his voice without seeing him in the shadows when he returns. Her eyes was filled with happyiness, relief, and guilt for what she did all in 5-10 seconds.

I agree about that GIF .

The one thing I don't agree about some of these post TDKR fan fictions is that so many of them have Bruce in a very weak state . I mean yes he isn't exactly in his prime in TDKR, and he is getting older, but we saw in the end that he still had the total bad-ass and world class fighter in him. He pretty easily defeated a powerhouse in Bane before Talia stepped in (I mean yes a lot of it had to do with the mask, but it still very much counts especially since it's Bane's ultatimate weakness.). At the cafe scene he and Selina both seem to be equally healthy, and still strong like they can still kick ass if they had to . I love that all of them though at least have Selina showing great concern for Bruce's state, and protecting her man, showing great concern and love for Bruce even if she tries to deny it . She isn't the person to show concern for just a friend especially a man .
Old 09-20-2012, 09:04 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkknightrises (View Post)

The one thing I don't agree about some of these post TDKR fan fictions is that so many of them have Bruce in a very weak state . I mean yes he isn't exactly in his prime in TDKR, and he is getting older, but we saw in the end that he still had the total bad-ass and world class fighter in him. He pretty easily defeated a powerhouse in Bane before Talia stepped in (I mean yes a lot of it had to do with the mask, but it still very much counts especially since it's Bane's ultatimate weakness.). At the cafe scene he and Selina both seem to be equally healthy, and still strong like they can still kick ass if they had to . I love that all of them though at least have Selina showing great concern for Bruce's state, and protecting her man, showing great concern and love for Bruce even if she tries to deny it . She isn't the person to show concern for just a friend especially a man .
OMG I thought I was the only one! I definitely noticed that too and I agree with everything you said. I like seeing Bruce being a bad ass and kicking some butt too so I hope we get to see more fanfics like that. He really isn't in that bad of a shape post-TDKR IMO. His back was already fixed even before he fought Bane and he kicked Bane's ass with no problems (like what you said) so his only problem is his knee but that's what the leg brace is for. He might need to recover from the stab wound but that's it. I do love seeing Selina worry and care for him though.

Here's another GIF set:

i want to build myself

Spoiler:
Old 09-22-2012, 10:02 PM
New Fan

ladybeaumont: Awesome GIF set .

Here's a really great analyse from tumblr on the apartment scene between Bruce and Selina.

Spoiler:

Last edited by darkknightrises; 09-23-2012 at 12:57 AM
Old 09-22-2012, 10:07 PM
New Fan

ladybeaumont: Awesome GIF set .

Here's a really great analyse from tumblr on the apartment scene between Bruce and Selina.

Spoiler:

I'm completely sorry, I definitely didn't plan on posting this same thread twice. It was a mistake, but I can't figure out how to delete posts.

Last edited by darkknightrises; 09-23-2012 at 12:59 AM
Old 09-24-2012, 08:42 PM
Part-Time Fan

bruce wayne & selina kyle - us marshall & a thief au

askarsexual
Old 09-30-2012, 11:32 PM
New Fan

I am glad to join this thread.

Has anyone read this yet?--Post TDKR --- I think this fiction gives some great ideas--a possible direction for next DC movie

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8344110/1/Adaptation

exquisite, pretty good story line,many scenario are quite touching

John Blake becomes Nightwing ,and Bruce just can't put on his cowl anymore---incapable both mentally and physically-(his role is more like what Alfred states in TDKR--This city needs Bruce Wayne, your resources, your knowledge. It doesn't need your body, or your life) ,and it take the first step to link up with Clark/Lois's universe ----it is also involving Gordon's daughter(possibly, Batgirl),Harleen Quinzel and other DC characters

Favs: 498---I think it is the highest mark in Batman's movie category(between Bat and Cat)

warning--this fiction is suitable for teens, 13 years and older, with some violence, minor coarse language, and minor suggestive adult themes

ps: the author has unparalleled grasp of the Nolanverse characterizations of Bruce and Selina

Last edited by rickfox; 10-16-2012 at 10:00 PM
rickfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:35 AM
New Fan

btw

in that fiction,Joker did resurface(and he is not alone),-----the final showdown between Joker/Quinzel and J.Blake&Barbara/Mr&Mrs Wayne had cost Selina dearly(nearly cripple, mentally)

and Joker "survive"(there are many forms of survival)
rickfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

whoa that art
Reply   Post New Thread