Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2017, 06:00 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceonFire7 (View Post)
Hi, and welcome all to club! I'll give everyone a few minutes to get here and then we can set up the line-up and kick off for the night.
I'll be here but will be running late. lots of homework tonight (not mine. haha). Just getting little fellas tucked in. Talk soon
Old 10-03-2017, 06:05 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Hi, and welcome all to club! I'll give everyone a few minutes to get here and then we can set up the line-up and kick off for the night.
Hi, Ice. How's it going? I'm here, bummed out (on top of everything else going on, Tom Petty was the proverbial straw that really got to me this morning ), but I'm here.
Old 10-03-2017, 06:08 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDRevolutionFan (View Post)
Hi, Ice. How's it going? I'm here, bummed out (on top of everything else going on, Tom Petty was the proverbial straw that really got to me this morning ), but I'm here.
Yeah, Tom Petty was rough for me too. I always liked the guy and his band, plus he collaborated with a few people I love. After yesterday, it was just even more bad news.

I can set up the line-up in just a few if everyone has read and is ready to go. I did the reading, but I'm afraid my notes are just a few sentences today. Long day at work, so I didn't get too much time to write anything up.
Old 10-03-2017, 06:09 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Hey... I'm here, but still working on my comments.
Old 10-03-2017, 06:15 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlreeve1 (View Post)
Hey... I'm here, but still working on my comments.
Glad to have you here, LadyH. And I can put you at the end for comments. Not sure if Lemon has any comments. MD, are you posting comments for tonight? Like I said, mine are super short, so I can just put them up quickly. Everyone else, just let me know.
Old 10-03-2017, 06:19 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Glad to have you here, LadyH. And I can put you at the end for comments. Not sure if Lemon has any comments. MD, are you posting comments for tonight? Like I said, mine are super short, so I can just put them up quickly. Everyone else, just let me know.
I have comments, but mine will also be super brief since I didn't have time to take specific notes while reading.
Old 10-03-2017, 06:20 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I'm here but no comments. I was going to try to read but I am not going to make it. Sorry. Ice, you probably did send me the stories. I got the link for the new forum thread. Maybe it was in that same email. Regardless, sorry.
Old 10-03-2017, 06:24 PM
Loyal Fan

I'm here, a bit late cause my computer decided it was automatic updating time. How are you all doing? I hope you all had great weekends!

I didn't know what the reading was as it wasn't on the site that I could find...

I'm watching my Twins playing the Yanks in the wildcard one game playoff!
Old 10-03-2017, 06:26 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonSupreme (View Post)
I'm here but no comments. I was going to try to read but I am not going to make it. Sorry. Ice, you probably did send me the stories. I got the link for the new forum thread. Maybe it was in that same email. Regardless, sorry.
Hey, no apologies needed. I felt bad that you didn't get them, that was all. But you had other things on your mind, so please, no big deal here at all. And I'm still so glad that everything turned out alright for you.

OK, well, I'll post my very short comments, followed by MD's shorties, and then LadyH can bring up the rear. LadyH, don't worry about making the comments long or you'll put us to shame. Hehe...

Give me a few minutes to grab my notes.

Welcome also, Thessie. And sorry about the stories. I had originally posted them on the last thread, but if you remember we had to set up a new one two weeks ago since we'd reached our 300 limit. What I should have done was re-posted them on the new thread so they were easy to find. But I didn't even think about it, so they were harder to locate. I apologize about that, guys. If that happens again, I'll definitely re-post them to the newest thread.

OK, thoughts for this week:

I Want To Hold Your Hand - I like the idea of Bass and Charlie having a secret way to communicate. And I also liked the way Bass was sort of eyeing Charlie when she first put her hand in his and had to leave it there. Seems like surprise would be a normal reaction on his part. Also liked that they used the names Bruce and Selina because of course Bass is Batman.
Good little story overall.

I Want To Hold More Than That - Liked the Morse code in this one even more than the first. Love how the two of them took that experience and turned it into this hot exchange. Good follow-up Charloe story.

MD, you can post whenever you are ready.

Last edited by IceonFire7; 10-03-2017 at 06:31 PM
Old 10-03-2017, 06:29 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Hey, no apologies needed. I felt bad that you didn't get them, that was all. But you had other things on your mind, so please, no big deal here at all. And I'm still so glad that everything turned out alright for you.

OK, well, I'll post my very short comments, followed by MD's shorties, and then LadyH can bring up the rear. LadyH, don't worry about making the comments long or you'll put us to shame. Hehe...

Give me a few minutes to grab my notes.
I could perhaps come up with some short comments if someone would tell me what the stories are...
Old 10-03-2017, 06:34 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvMyThesaurus (View Post)
I could perhaps come up with some short comments if someone would tell me what the stories are...
Here's a link to both. The second is the sequel to the first.

I Want To Hold Your Hand

I Want to Hold Your Hand - monroe_militia - Revolution (TV) [Archive of Our Own]

I Want To Hold More Than That

I Want to Hold More than That - monroe_militia - Revolution (TV) [Archive of Our Own]

Also, my thoughts are posted on the reply down below. MD, you can post whenever you are ready.
Old 10-03-2017, 06:37 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvMyThesaurus (View Post)
I already deleted the links or I'd post them, but it was both of Monroe_Militia's
Morse Code stories (they're in a series on AO3).
Old 10-03-2017, 06:41 PM
Loyal Fan

Thank you both for the stories! I'm off to quick write up some comments...
Old 10-03-2017, 06:50 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:

I Want To Hold Your Hand

I Want to Hold Your Hand - monroe_militia - Revolution (TV) [Archive of Our Own]

I Want to Hold More than That - monroe_militia - Revolution (TV) [Archive of Our Own]

Also, my thoughts are posted on the reply down below. MD, you can post whenever you are ready.
They are posted now. Uh, better late than never? haha
Old 10-03-2017, 06:51 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:

I Want To Hold Your Hand

You have no idea how confusing that is since I have my preferences set to show the newest posts at the bottom of the page like every other forum I use.
Anyway...
I enjoyed both stories and how Charlie and Bass used the Morse code to communicate. Even more, I love that they kept doing it -- that it became a habit.

I love how their communication evolved in the sequel (especially when they used their tongues instead... *fans self*), but it would've been nice to know how it went from "innocent communication" via handholding to outright flirting with Bass touching Charlie in other places and propositioning her.

My only real complaint about both stories is that the code was hard to read. The dashes between each letter was fine, but I would've preferred to have a space between each word for more clarity.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread