Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2013, 02:50 PM
Master Fan

Please add me.

Dracula And Mina / As You Go

Source

Who Are You and What Do You Want?

ic: shinebrighterxx
Jason Morgan | Wanda Maximoff | Prince Zuko/Mai | Prince Zuko/ Sukka | Draco/Pansy/Blaise/Theo | Princess Zelda / Link | Clark & Lois
baelfire24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 03:19 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjelia (View Post)
I also love the scene when he talks with Renfield about Mina, Renfield is right: why don't take her? But I also understand Grayson's motivations for not doing it, because Mina could not enjoy the sun anymore or could not eat the food she loves. But I wonder if Grayson will not change his mind at some point, especially if he find a way to walk into the sunlight.

I wish we could learn more about Ilona, I want to know if she was as strong and independent as Mina.

I think it's a bit of both, like he said, he just found out her wife has been born again, so it takes time to process such information, for now, I think it's both, but the more he'll get to know her and the more he'll be drawn to Mina because she attracts him not because she looks like his wife.

X
Uauh! this pics are awesome! Yes the same Grayson said that! he would die if he´d lost her again! I think that is the same in the sense of that Mina looks as his wife as you say. Maybe could to be Mina because he is meeting her now, he would give anything for that Lady Jane would be she, but he never would force her, he want her love & their relationship i think that will be going growing up every day more and more...until that they are ready!

(Shakespeare: "Midsummer´s night dream")
Line Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 03:33 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Line Day (View Post)
Uauh! this pics are awesome! Yes the same Grayson said that! he would die if he´d lost her again! I think that is the same in the sense of that Mina looks as his wife as you say. Maybe could to be Mina because he is meeting her now, he would give anything for that Lady Jane would be she, but he never would force her, he want her love & their relationship i think that will be going growing up every day more and more...until that they are ready!
Yeah, I think Grayson's love is pretty much obvious, the way he looks at her, the way he talks about her, it's obvious. And Mina, I think she'll be drawn to him, but I don't know if she'll fall in love with him this season, she still have a boyfriend and she seems to love him, so.
anjelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 05:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

those gifs that scene was perfect! i love that he fantasizes about her
Old 11-02-2013, 05:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
I'm sorry, I was only answering your earlier comment where you said you didn't know the original story or whether or not the show was "butchering" it, and I was answering both you and anjelia by explaining that this show is a "re-imagining" of the original novel like the Coppola film was, that's all. I wasn't trying to make comparisons to any "other versions," just the original novel by Bram Stoker where there is no Mina/Dracula romance because it's okay to have the literary reference for anyone who may have not read it. And there's little point in starting a Jonathan/Mina thread because these new versions never seem to get his character or their relationship from the book right anyway, but that's a subject best left for the "Books"
board. But again, I was only answering your query as to how close the show was to the original novel, that's all.
No worries. Thanks for the info. I just wanted to clarify that this thread is strictly for the TV show version of Mina & Dracula.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baelfire24 (View Post)
Please add me.

Dracula And Mina / As You Go

Source
Added you! Thanks for the video! I was wondering when we were gonna start seeing videos of them!

Just finished watching last night's episode. They had two amazing scenes! Of course, one of them came from Grayson's imagination, but still, it was amazing. Yes, it was a little creepy, but if you just focus on those gifs posted in the last page, it was amazing. And the scene in the carriage was so sweet. I loved his encouraging words and the way he looks at her. JRM can look at me like that anytime!
Always & Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 11:34 PM
Master Fan

I want to know everything about her….

Source

Who Are You and What Do You Want?

ic: shinebrighterxx
Jason Morgan | Wanda Maximoff | Prince Zuko/Mai | Prince Zuko/ Sukka | Draco/Pansy/Blaise/Theo | Princess Zelda / Link | Clark & Lois
baelfire24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 01:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by take the wheel (View Post)
I loved his encouraging words and the way he looks at her. JRM can look at me like that anytime!
me too!

Old 11-03-2013, 04:39 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:

Source
Oh yes! Me too i would like meet more of her! Maybe in this same show
gradually will be revealing more about her! her mistery is what gives a lot of charm to Grayson & Mina, we have two sources, one is the movie of Coppola where Dracula´s wife was the princess of Rumania Elisabetha, and the other one is in the movie "Dark Prince: the true story of Dracula", from 2000, where the presence of his wife is very relevant in the show, is showed how they met, their wedding, her pregnancy (she had a son) and even her fall from grace. For that i believed that Dracula would have children when he was mortal, because in this movie, you can see how he was father, and the real llife Vlad Tapes had children, but well this only one option, I would recommend to you the second movie, is not about supernatural vampires elements, but realistic, here his wife is called Lidya! But so, you could to know more of her! But the end will surprise to you!!! not all is realistic!!! haha

Old 11-03-2013, 06:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heartstopper

Add me!
nick ♥ charlie
jordan ○ icon
Simon Spier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 06:56 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by take the wheel (View Post)
I loved his encouraging words and the way he looks at her. JRM can look at me like that anytime!
RIGHT??? The way he was looking at her in the carriage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphyboy11 (View Post)
Add me!
Welcome here I'm sure you'll be added soon

Quote:

Source
This gifset is beautiful
Old 11-03-2013, 07:48 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesprincess (View Post)
me too!

I think that this issue is very relevant in this show! If Mina should to stay as human or not! and think that YES, OF COURSE, AS HUMAN is as her should to be, that´s more romantic, more good for her, and Grayson know that.
He only wants the best for her! and of course to live as a monster wouldn´t to be the best!!! Dracula wants her as human and this is very gentle by his side, because he met his wife as human, and now is with her as human too! I think that if Mina would be turned in vampire the show would lost its magic....at last for me! ....the romances between a human & a vampire are much more powerful, as Achilles said in Troy "The Gods envy us. They envy us because we're mortal, because any moment might be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we're doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again."...in others shows i do not know because now i am only watching Dracula, is my favourite series, but this impossibility in the love between a vampire & an human is what gives charm and strenght to this great love of Dracula by Mina...

Old 11-03-2013, 11:03 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphyboy11 (View Post)
Add me!
Added you, Jordan!

Love the gifs & the artwork! Such a beautiful couple!
Always & Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 11:36 AM
Master Fan

Can I be added?

I also loved his words of encouragement to her. It gave her confidence to succeed. And I like that he doesn't want to make her like him, that he wants to keep her as she is.

Archie Andrews &Veronica Lodge
~Riverdale~
icon:Alexa|
Name:Marah
Rickylious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 11:39 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Line Day (View Post)
I think that this issue is very relevant in this show! If Mina should to stay as human or not! and think that YES, OF COURSE, AS HUMAN is as her should to be, that´s more romantic, more good for her, and Grayson know that.
He only wants the best for her! and of course to live as a monster wouldn´t to be the best!!! Dracula wants her as human and this is very gentle by his side, because he met his wife as human, and now is with her as human too! I think that if Mina would be turned in vampire the show would lost its magic....at last for me! ....the romances between a human & a vampire are much more powerful, as Achilles said in Troy "The Gods envy us. They envy us because we're mortal, because any moment might be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we're doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again."...in others shows i do not know because now i am only watching Dracula, is my favourite series, but this impossibility in the love between a vampire & an human is what gives charm and strenght to this great love of Dracula by Mina...
I agree but I wonder if he's not going to change his mind at some point. I mean, he loves the woman and wants her to be his. So, when she'll start to get older, what's he's going to do? Wait till she dies and wait another centuries of loneliness till his wife reborn again?

I think he never had the chance to reconsider the situation with his wife because she died young, I wonder what would have been his reaction if Ilona would had the chance to get older.

Vlad was never be in this situation before, where the woman he loves, gets older, so I think he could change his mind about that. Especially if SHE asks him to bite her at some point.
Old 11-03-2013, 12:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

May I be added? Thank you.