Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2013, 01:48 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjelia (View Post)
Yeah, that must be really hard for him, seeing the love of his life in front of him, but I want him to fall in love with Mina, not pinching over Ilona, who's dead. I mean, I understand his pain and loss, but if Mina fall in love with Grayson and she ends up knowing the truth about Ilona, I don't want her to think that he loves her because she looks like his lost wife.

Oh I can't imagine xD, I wonder how Grayson will deal with Jonathan through the season? In the pilot, Jonathan doesn't seem to be madly in love with Mina for that I've seen, but I could have wrong.
Yes, it is as you say. For the time being Grayson is obsessed with Mina only because she looks exactly as Ilona, when he sees to Mina he is not watching to Mina really, he is watching the remember of his wife dead. And this could to be painful even for him. Mina i can imagine that will have a different way to be from his wife: she is not his wife after all. Is a different person. But he is completly obsessed by the moment with her face. But the way in that he said "Mina" make to me have the hope of that he falls in love of Mina Murray truly, not only with a mirage.
And yeah, i thought that i was the only one who was watching to Jonathan Harker as a character calm, quiet, maybe too much for fight against Dracula. This series will offers a lot of surprises i guess. But the scene where Mina is out from the college and he is following to her in the street....uauh! Was very disturbing!

(Shakespeare: "Midsummer´s night dream")
Line Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 02:57 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Line Day (View Post)
Yes, it is as you say. For the time being Grayson is obsessed with Mina only because she looks exactly as Ilona, when he sees to Mina he is not watching to Mina really, he is watching the remember of his wife dead. And this could to be painful even for him. Mina i can imagine that will have a different way to be from his wife: she is not his wife after all. Is a different person. But he is completly obsessed by the moment with her face. But the way in that he said "Mina" make to me have the hope of that he falls in love of Mina Murray truly, not only with a mirage.
And yeah, i thought that i was the only one who was watching to Jonathan Harker as a character calm, quiet, maybe too much for fight against Dracula. This series will offers a lot of surprises i guess. But the scene where Mina is out from the college and he is following to her in the street....uauh! Was very disturbing!
ITA, Mina is probably totally different from Ilona, and I hope Grayson can see that. and not being attracted to her because of his wife, even though he'll be attracted to her because of his wife at first.

Yeah, his obsession for her is really out of his control now, I mean, he follow her, take his boyfriend close to him to be close to her, he imagines having sex with her instead of Lady Jane (seen in the promo), and also watch her when he take pleasure with Lady Jane as well.
anjelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 04:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by take the wheel (View Post)
IDK the original story, either, so this is all new to me and they could be totally butchering the original story, but I would have no idea.
In the original novel by Bram Stoker there was no love story between Mina & Dracula and she wasn't the reincarnation of his dead love. That all comes from the 1992 Coppola film which was a re-imagining of the story and not a direct retelling of it. She was only in love with Jonathan in the book and Dracula wasn't seen all that much, as he was more of an external threat to the characters. This show seems to be another re-imagining, so it's not going to follow exactly the same path as the book.
Old 11-01-2013, 04:47 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
In the original novel by Bram Stoker there was no love story between Mina & Dracula and she wasn't the reincarnation of his dead love. That all comes from the 1992 Coppola film which was a re-imagining of the story and not a direct retelling of it. She was only in love with Jonathan in the book and Dracula wasn't seen all that much, as he was more of an external threat to the characters. This show seems to be another re-imagining, so it's not going to follow exactly the same path as the book.
Oh, that's good to know, thank you.
Old 11-01-2013, 04:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Oh, that's good to know, thank you.
You're welcome. The 1977 BBC version of Dracula is so far the only version that came the closest to the novel.
Old 11-01-2013, 05:52 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
ITA, Mina is probably totally different from Ilona, and I hope Grayson can see that. and not being attracted to her because of his wife, even though he'll be attracted to her because of his wife at first.

Yeah, his obsession for her is really out of his control now, I mean, he follow her, take his boyfriend close to him to be close to her, he imagines having sex with her instead of Lady Jane (seen in the promo), and also watch her when he take pleasure with Lady Jane as well.
Uauh! Dracula is imagining that he is having sex with Mina while he is with Lady Jane! He is very mad haha his evil have not limits!!! Grayson is a a little bit fetish....and do not worry because in this series you will find the same essence romantic from the Coppola´s film! This is the most important thing of all them! Really Grayson will start to be very dangerous for her...and her wedding with Jonathan.....

Old 11-01-2013, 06:38 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Uauh! Dracula is imagining that he is having sex with Mina while he is with Lady Jane! He is very mad haha his evil have not limits!!! Grayson is a a little bit fetish....and do not worry because in this series you will find the same essence romantic from the Coppola´s film! This is the most important thing of all them! Really Grayson will start to be very dangerous for her...and her wedding with Jonathan.....
I haven't seen the Coppola's film, maybe I should watch it.

Oh right, I completely forgot about this marriage thing. Poor Grayson, I can't help but feel bad for him, I know what he do is wrong on so many levels, but I'm sure there's still a little part of him who's good, and I think Mina and his wife are the part of his good side.
Old 11-01-2013, 06:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I haven't seen the Coppola's film, maybe I should watch it.
If you want to. But it strays very far from the novel and adds a lot of stuff that isn't from there. I would also recommend the 1977 BBC version just to get an idea of what the original story from the book is like. I understand that there are people who ship Mina/Dracula because of that Coppola film, but I do wish there was also a Jonathan/Mina thread as well since they are the canocal couple from the book and Jonathan never really gets credit in adaptations much.
Old 11-01-2013, 07:54 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Added you!!

I'm so glad we're getting shippers!

I can't wait to see what happens with them in the next episode!
Oh yeah! you are getting a lof of shippers! With the additions you will be bussy! Is because this show and this couple of Mina/Dracula is epic!

Old 11-01-2013, 09:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
I understand that there are people who ship Mina/Dracula because of that Coppola film, but I do wish there was also a Jonathan/Mina thread as well since they are the canocal couple from the book and Jonathan never really gets credit in adaptations much.
I ship Dracula/Mina based on what I saw of them in the pilot for this show. IDK any other versions of Dracula, so if Mina/Dracula aren't the main couple, then I don't know that, but it seems like they are in this show and that's what I'm basing this thread off of (hence the "NBC's Dracula" in the title). You are more than welcome to start a thread for Jonathan/Mina if you would like and feel free to let the posters know that they can discuss them from the show or other adaptations. Again, as for this thread, it's strictly for the Mina & Dracula from the TV show adaptation, and you're welcome to give your input on them, but please don't keep comparing them to Jonathan & Mina or the other Dracula versions that you know, whereas others don't.

Can't wait to watch tonight's episode and see what happens between them!
Always & Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 02:48 AM
Part-Time Fan

Uauh! This second episode was really incredible!!! We are watching really a great love story...this show is every day best, because the relationship between Mina and Dracula is not being forced, is evolving by itself...and at same time exist a great sensual atmosphere between these two...Dracula is completly in love with this woman, and the good of this episode was that he is falling in love with the true Mina, giving to her good advices, and she finds in him a support that she can not get in Jonathan...the writers are really brilliants in this area. Dracula is not watching the remember of his wife, but he is watching the true Mina and he is knowing very much her spirit, her aspirations, her personality and he is dezzled by her much more than in the episode 1. In this way i am in calm because in a long time i thought that he only would love to his wife in her, but is not being so...and in the other side, he is feeling a deep desire of her, having her body when he is with lady Jane, imagining that she´s ...in my opinion hacenforth the writers will use the resource of the disappointment between Jonathan Harker & Mina, he will dissapoint to her, while she will receive invitations of Grayson and will meet to him very much, and she could fall in love with the perfect Alexander very soon...with his smart way of to be....this is as an expanded version of Coppola.

Old 11-02-2013, 06:12 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Uauh! This second episode was really incredible!!! We are watching really a great love story...this show is every day best, because the relationship between Mina and Dracula is not being forced, is evolving by itself...and at same time exist a great sensual atmosphere between these two...Dracula is completly in love with this woman, and the good of this episode was that he is falling in love with the true Mina, giving to her good advices, and she finds in him a support that she can not get in Jonathan...the writers are really brilliants in this area. Dracula is not watching the remember of his wife, but he is watching the true Mina and he is knowing very much her spirit, her aspirations, her personality and he is dezzled by her much more than in the episode 1. In this way i am in calm because in a long time i thought that he only would love to his wife in her, but is not being so...and in the other side, he is feeling a deep desire of her, having her body when he is with lady Jane, imagining that she´s ...in my opinion hacenforth the writers will use the resource of the disappointment between Jonathan Harker & Mina, he will dissapoint to her, while she will receive invitations of Grayson and will meet to him very much, and she could fall in love with the perfect Alexander very soon...with his smart way of to be....this is as an expanded version of Coppola.
ITA. These two have one scene but it was totally worth it. Loved their scene, loved the fact she was completely relax with him, she was laughing and joking, she wasn't afraid. And I love the fact we can see Grayson differently when he's with her, he was smiling, he wasn't grumpy and making a mean face. I'm sure it was a delight for him to see her laughing with him.
And the scene when he imagines her while he's with Lady Jane was well done, we can see that Lady Jane is just a body for him, but his imagination displays Mina (or his wife) instead of her, it was kind of disturbing to watch but I loved it.

Oh and his advice, OMG!!!! The fact she listened to his advice was priceless, loved the way it was shoot. And she ends up succeed. She barely knows this guy but she listen to him, it was so good.

X
Old 11-02-2013, 06:40 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I ship Dracula/Mina based on what I saw of them in the pilot for this show. IDK any other versions of Dracula, so if Mina/Dracula aren't the main couple, then I don't know that, but it seems like they are in this show and that's what I'm basing this thread off of (hence the "NBC's Dracula" in the title). You are more than welcome to start a thread for Jonathan/Mina if you would like and feel free to let the posters know that they can discuss them from the show or other adaptations. Again, as for this thread, it's strictly for the Mina & Dracula from the TV show adaptation, and you're welcome to give your input on them, but please don't keep comparing them to Jonathan & Mina or the other Dracula versions that you know, whereas others don't.
I'm sorry, I was only answering your earlier comment where you said you didn't know the original story or whether or not the show was "butchering" it, and I was answering both you and anjelia by explaining that this show is a "re-imagining" of the original novel like the Coppola film was, that's all. I wasn't trying to make comparisons to any "other versions," just the original novel by Bram Stoker where there is no Mina/Dracula romance because it's okay to have the literary reference for anyone who may have not read it. And there's little point in starting a Jonathan/Mina thread because these new versions never seem to get his character or their relationship from the book right anyway, but that's a subject best left for the "Books"
board. But again, I was only answering your query as to how close the show was to the original novel, that's all.

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 11-02-2013 at 06:46 AM
PhoenixRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 07:54 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
ITA. These two have one scene but it was totally worth it. Loved their scene, loved the fact she was completely relax with him, she was laughing and joking, she wasn't afraid. And I love the fact we can see Grayson differently when he's with her, he was smiling, he wasn't grumpy and making a mean face. I'm sure it was a delight for him to see her laughing with him.
And the scene when he imagines her while he's with Lady Jane was well done, we can see that Lady Jane is just a body for him, but his imagination displays Mina (or his wife) instead of her, it was kind of disturbing to watch but I loved it.

Oh and his advice, OMG!!!! The fact she listened to his advice was priceless, loved the way it was shoot. And she ends up succeed. She barely knows this guy but she listen to him, it was so good.

X
Oh yes!!! They together are happy! Grayson encourages to her for make that her dreams become true! He is not as Jonathan who only wants a woman in his house: Mina is a woman with a career, independent and valuable, and Grayson love all this in her! My fav scene is this, in your pics, when he is speaking with her in a lovely way, as if he would not be a vampire, and she would be a girl whom he really just met in the party! They have started since the beginning, and that´s good and health! And the love scene with Lady Jane was really hot...Rhys Meyers is the best in this things...ahaha! But yeah good question, with who would be he dreaming with his wife or with Mina?

Old 11-02-2013, 08:15 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Oh yes!!! They together are happy! Grayson encourages to her for make that her dreams become true! He is not as Jonathan who only wants a woman in his house: Mina is a woman with a career, independent and valuable, and Grayson love all this in her! My fav scene is this, in your pics, when he is speaking with her in a lovely way, as if he would not be a vampire, and she would be a girl whom he really just met in the party! They have started since the beginning, and that´s good and health! And the love scene with Lady Jane was really hot...Rhys Meyers is the best in this things...ahaha! But yeah good question, with who would be he dreaming with his wife or with Mina?
I also love the scene when he talks with Renfield about Mina, Renfield is right: why don't take her? But I also understand Grayson's motivations for not doing it, because Mina could not enjoy the sun anymore or could not eat the food she loves. But I wonder if Grayson will not change his mind at some point, especially if he find a way to walk into the sunlight.

I wish we could learn more about Ilona, I want to know if she was as strong and independent as Mina.

Quote:
But yeah good question, with who would be he dreaming with his wife or with Mina?
I think it's a bit of both, like he said, he just found out her wife has been born again, so it takes time to process such information, for now, I think it's both, but the more he'll get to know her and the more he'll be drawn to Mina because she attracts him not because she looks like his wife.

X
Reply   Post New Thread