Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2015, 01:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥ (View Post)
It really upset me, the way Justin goaded Brian. He was lucky Brian loved and respected him as a person, otherwise I don't think he would have been able to move past it.

I think if someone were to "lose it" like that on me, I wouldn't have been able to trust them.
Huh! This is about Justin and what he's been through .. and he's trying to deal with the anger that Darren and Cody have brought to the surface ... HIS bashing and his coma and Hobbs only getting 500 hours community service and Craig rejecting him for a second time when he won't reconsider paying his PIFA tuition .. and Brian not saying "I love you" and Ian not remaining faithful .. and Justin is just angry ... and when he says "It's about not allowing yourself to be victimised" ... he's talking about all of the above.. IMO!
Old 11-17-2015, 02:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebbers (View Post)
Huh! This is about Justin and what he's been through .. and he's trying to deal with the anger that Darren and Cody have brought to the surface ... HIS bashing and his coma and Hobbs only getting 500 hours community service and Craig rejecting him for a second time when he won't reconsider paying his PIFA tuition .. and Brian not saying "I love you" and Ian not remaining faithful .. and Justin is just angry ... and when he says "It's about not allowing yourself to be victimised" ... he's talking about all of the above.. IMO!
sure that is baout all the above, and I totally understand that he is angry and that Cody and Darren tired all that bad things up, but as Deborah said, he finds release in the pink Posse, and you never ever should lose it with your partner or love ones...

icon by Daggi
Old 11-17-2015, 02:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

A relationship is not one-sided. Yes, Justin was angry about what happened in his life, but that doesn't excuse him being abusive to Brian. Brian didn't cause all of those things to happen to him. Brian should just take it because he didn't say "I love you"?
Old 11-17-2015, 02:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
A relationship is not one-sided. Yes, Justin was angry about what happened in his life, but that doesn't excuse him being abusive to Brian. Brian didn't cause all of those things to happen to him. Brian should just take it because he didn't say "I love you"?
he didn't deserve to be treated this way, and for him it came somehow out of the blue

icon by Daggi
Old 11-17-2015, 02:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giotto (View Post)
he didn't deserve to be treated this way, and for him it came somehow out of the blue
Exactly. Brian knew everything that happened to Justin. He was always there to support him through it. But in that moment he was literally being used as a punching bag for Justin's anger and with Brian's history of being abused, it was all wrong.
Old 11-17-2015, 05:05 PM
Obsessed Fan

Are we talking about the same scene? The one Deborah posted? Brian VOLUNTARILY got out of bed to fight with Justin. It was in fun. It was a very cute scene. Nobody got hurt. And they were fighting for who would be the top, surely that scene ended in super hot sex.
Old 11-17-2015, 10:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star11 (View Post)
Are we talking about the same scene? The one Deborah posted? Brian VOLUNTARILY got out of bed to fight with Justin. It was in fun. It was a very cute scene. Nobody got hurt. And they were fighting for who would be the top, surely that scene ended in super hot sex.
It strated out as fight for who's the top, but whne Justin started to punch in the face, that wasn't funny at all.... and if I would have been Brian, my yearning for sex would have ended at that point....

icon by Daggi
Old 11-18-2015, 12:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star11 (View Post)
That's a good way to look at it hun!
Old 11-18-2015, 08:00 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebbers (View Post)
Geezer! It is so wrong to hear that coming from Justin!

I take so many different things from this scene .. depending on how I'm feeling at the time!

Watching it now, it gives me all of Justin's anger .. Hobbs, the bashing, "Why am I here?", Ian, Stockwell, Craig .. so many facets that seem to come together in Justin and find their release in the Posse!
That's the point. It was all of JUSTIN's anger, and shouldn't have been directed at Brian.

In this episode 214, Brian willingly gave himself to Justin. It was a gift. It was out of love. In 404, Justin tried to take it, in anger. Brian could not do that (I suspect Brian had other types of abuse in his past), but then Justin wanted a fight. Justin said, "tonight it's your turn", then Brian said, "that's what you think" and tried to push him off. Willingly getting out of bed wasn't the issue, he was goaded into getting out of bed.

Anyway…that's what I got from it.
Old 11-18-2015, 06:20 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:

Would anyone like to discuss how you feel about this scene, other than the hotness in the beginning?

For example: How did it make you feel to watch the power struggle between Brian and Justin?

QAF 404 Part 1 "There Are Only Two Kinds Of People"
I have a COMPLETELY different take on this scene than some of you. I am sure I won't be able to explain it very eloquently in words, but I just watched this clip again and I see LOVE and TRUST and OPENNESS and PROGRESS and PLAYFULNESS and NAKEDNESS!

They love each other, Brian is there for Justin while he is going through this time in Justin's life, dealing with his anger. Brian is willing to play around with him, they trust each other, they are making progress in their relationship, being more open with each other and balancing the power between them and... they are fighting NAKED. That is HOT! And the fighting is even, not one-sided at all. It's a great step in their relationship, showing that Justin can pull his own weight, and Brian can accept that.
Old 11-21-2015, 08:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

sure, Brian went for the playful fight, but in my eyes it totally changed from playfulness at the moment Justin started to punch him in the face....

icon by Daggi
Old 11-22-2015, 03:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giotto (View Post)
sure, Brian went for the playful fight, but in my eyes it totally changed from playfulness at the moment Justin started to punch him in the face....
I think it changed when Brian said no. Then he humored Justin by getting up to playful fight, and Justin made it real.
Old 11-22-2015, 05:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

It was kinda sort of abusive on Justin's part. Hate to say that, but you can't really sugar coat it.

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
Old 11-24-2015, 11:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SojournHeart11 (View Post)
It was kinda sort of abusive on Justin's part. Hate to say that, but you can't really sugar coat it.
you're right.... Justin let his anger win

icon by Daggi
Old 11-27-2015, 02:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It's been a while since anyone visited p2 on

Closed Thread   Post New Thread