Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 05-07-2011, 12:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think the more people were around Brian, caring about him, the better, because he surely needed lots of love.
Old 05-07-2011, 02:20 PM
Elite Fan

Debbie definitely hepled, but Justin became a true partner to Brian, esp since he didn't back down, and stood by his side during the big c phase.
Old 05-07-2011, 02:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

I don't think though that a partner is enough in life to feel complete. I think we all need more than a person to share our life with. I think for Brian, all of the members of their little family was fundamental.
Old 05-07-2011, 07:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You need a whole network of support but sure it was of great help that Justin was by his side
“ We don't know who we are until we're connected to someone else. We're just better human beings when we're with the person we're supposed to be with. I wasn't supposed to leave. I belong here." Quote byTara from Sons of Anarchy 3x01
Icon by Zonikita
Old 05-07-2011, 09:23 PM
Elite Fan

Brian loved his extanted family, there's no doubt about it, and I'm sure they did so much for him (esp Michael and Debbie, who were like his surrogate family, esp when he was younger )but in S4, more than before I think some of those "roles" his close friends played in his life were passed on to Justin, because he was becoming his partner. we see it very well during the big c phase.
Old 05-08-2011, 08:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

I have to disagree. I think actually that right during the cancer phase, we saw how much Brian needed not only Justin, but also the rest of his family. They all helped him: Michael, Debbie and even Ted. He needed them all.
Old 05-08-2011, 11:19 AM
Elite Fan

um... not so sure Michael was such a big help. I mean he tried to fix things later but personaly I don't think he was such a good friend at the begining of that arc. as for Debbie, I'm sure she would have been there for Brian if she knew about the big c earlier, but he only told her later on.
Ted was indeed a very loyal and supportive friend.
Old 05-08-2011, 11:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Michael was there to help Brian distract himself and I think that was a great help to Brian.
“ We don't know who we are until we're connected to someone else. We're just better human beings when we're with the person we're supposed to be with. I wasn't supposed to leave. I belong here." Quote byTara from Sons of Anarchy 3x01
Icon by Zonikita
Old 05-08-2011, 12:18 PM
Elite Fan

but I didn't like the way he treated Brian, and Justin, at first.
Old 05-08-2011, 01:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think Brian would've need Debbie the most - but unfortunately he wasn't willing to apologize and also unwilling to tell anyone about the cancer. But IMO you can see very well that when he finally talks to her and she holds him and says "You're gonna be okay" - it's all he needs! And this is a motherly support... you know, when you're sick... when your mother is around, you feel better, you feel save, mommy will take care of it, she won't let you be sick (of course that ott for Brian, but... just wanted to make clear what I meant *gg*).

Michael was barely around - but I don't blame him. He tried. Brian didn't really need him during that time and also didn't really wanted him. But he needed someone for help... so if there wouldn't have been Justin, it could've been Michael.

Justin... well, not sure if Brian really needed him, but he definitely needed to know, to understand and to believe that Justin will love him with or without a fake ball. And so... yes, there might have been a needing, but not so much for "help" as more for "trust".

{ ... i am the one you fell in love with. who promises you to do it right.
... who won’t lie to you anymore. i’ll make you as happy as you deserve to be ... }

Steffi
Old 05-08-2011, 06:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I wonder if Brian truly believed he could go through it alone without any help.
Icon by Zonikita
Old 05-09-2011, 04:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

It sure seemed like that. He soon realized he couldn't though, I think.

When we talk about Brian needed people's help and those people helping him, I think it depends on what we consider as the time frame. I think the cancer arc and cancer time for Brian stretches untill the end of the season, so I see what Michael did during the ride as him helping Brian. Also, Brian wasn't completely out of it when he told Debbie. I think we have to assume a lot happened out of screen, meaning we didn't get to see it, but I'm sure they all helped Brian. Let's not forget also Michael going with Justin to get those drugs to help Brian with his problem.
Old 05-09-2011, 06:23 AM
Elite Fan

wel said, Manu

As for Brian not needing anyone, I think he did need Justin there, because they were partners. back in 410 when Brian confirms that to JUstin (I though we were partners/ we are ) he says he doesn't need anybody's help. in 401 it was about the money, but I guess he felt the same way about the big c, and I think it all goes back to that notion he had that he doesn't desreve to be loved and cared for. in reality he obviously realized he can't go through that alone, and even though all his friends pbbly helped along the way, it was Justin who had to deal with Brian on a daily basis when he was going through that painful phase.
Old 05-09-2011, 10:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That scene in that Chinese store was hilarious
Icon by Zonikita
Old 05-09-2011, 12:33 PM
Elite Fan

A brilliant scene
Closed Thread   Post New Thread