Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2015, 06:16 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebbers (View Post)
OMB Mark You are totally ah~mazing! Thank you so much for all of that!
The acting company that is staging the reading of More Stars Than There Are in Heaven, has promised rehearsal photos and there is also that interview of Randy that David Clarke is writing for OUT. While we wait for those things, I thought it would be good to look at an article about Randy's performance as "young Tom" in a 2007 Minneapolis production of William's "The Glass Menagerie"

A Tale of Two Toms - TheaterMania.com
Old 09-04-2015, 07:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

I rarely get invested in TV shows. In fact, since I found QAF, all of the series' I was watching regularly fell to the back-burner.

Mark, thanks for all of the info on Randy's projects (Chris too! )

OMG…I just had a horrible visual! From now on, at any QAF events, both Gale and Randy will show up sporting full beards!

Old 09-04-2015, 07:44 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
=♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥;OMG…I just had a horrible visual! From now on, at any QAF events, both Gale and Randy will show up sporting full beards!
I actually like the beard on Randy. He keeps it well trimmed. But I'm hoping he decides to shave and leave just a thin mustache for the Tennessee Williams role. I know it is a reading and the players will not necessarily have to look like the characters they are playing, but that would be a nice nod to Williams.

Here's another interview from the Minneapolis play:

Splendor in the Glass
Randy Harrison’s Tennessee Waltz
by John Townsend; LAVENDER MAGAZINE

In 1944, master gay playwright Tennessee Williams rocked American theater and society with The Glass Menagerie. Its poetic, yet unsettlingly candid, view of the Wingfields, a family abandoned by their father and husband, now ranks as one of the towering achievements of 20th-Century American drama.

The Glass Menagerie is especially relevant in 2007, given the awareness of the American public about single parents battling rocky economic times. Moreover, in subtle ways, this classic, which was inspired by Williams’s own personal experiences, codifies the playwright’s struggle with his homosexual orientation.

It’s fitting that the current Guthrie Theater revival features Queer as Folk star Randy Harrison as protagonist Tom. Indeed, given the sensitivity he revealed in that landmark television series, Harrison’s casting seems nothing less than ideal. If Williams’s spirit is out there peeking in on us, he must be ecstatic that Harrison essentially is playing him.

I spoke with Harrison recently about Williams, his play, director Joe Dowling, and Queer as Folk.

'Randy Harrison's Tennessee Waltz' (Lavender, January 2007) � Randy Harrison. Interviews.
Old 09-04-2015, 09:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

I really appreciate everything you share with us!

About Randy's beard: I guess I'm just not a facial hair fan in general, and I can handle scruff…it can look sexy, but a full beard…I just can't love it regardless of how groomed it is. But…it's not for me to love.
Old 09-04-2015, 10:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Mark I absolutely love that interview Randy did about Tennessee Williams .. wow! Thank you so much for posting it for us hun .. Randy is just brilliant!

Did you see it?

And those pics of him are beautiful too.
Old 09-04-2015, 11:13 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Mark I absolutely love that interview Randy did about Tennessee Williams .. wow! Thank you so much for posting it for us hun .. Randy is just brilliant!

Did you see it?

And those pics of him are beautiful too.
It is one of plays I most regret not being able to see. Minneapolis is a long flight
Old 09-04-2015, 01:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by varo_kamry (View Post)
It is one of plays I most regret not being able to see. Minneapolis is a long flight
Duh! Sorry hun ~ in between reading all the reviews and interviews that you've posted, I didn't even think about where it was being staged!
Old 09-04-2015, 02:44 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
I actually like the beard on Randy. He keeps it well trimmed. But I'm hoping he decides to shave and leave just a thin mustache for the Tennessee Williams role. I know it is a reading and the players will not necessarily have to look like the characters they are playing, but that would be a nice nod to Williams.
No, no, no! I really do NOT like mustaches. Beards I can take. Scruff is sexier. But, no on the mustaches. I understand it would be a nod to Tennessee Williams, but I think it would look terrible on Randy. Especially, a blond mustache, no no no.

Wow! Randy REALLY dismisses all QAF questions in this interview. I think he's come a long way since 2007, and I bet his answers would be different today.
Old 09-04-2015, 02:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star11 (View Post)
Wow! Randy REALLY dismisses all QAF questions in this interview. I think he's come a long way since 2007, and I bet his answers would be different today.
I don't think he dismisses them as much as he's being interviewed about TW and a TW play that he's in, and he does detail just how much research he has done for this part and how much he has read and that he's pretty much read all his plays .. so honestly, the interviewer should perhaps have kept it within the arc of the play.
Old 09-04-2015, 04:27 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I don't think he dismisses them as much as he's being interviewed about TW and a TW play that he's in, and he does detail just how much research he has done for this part and how much he has read and that he's pretty much read all his plays .. so honestly, the interviewer should perhaps have kept it within the arc of the play.
Yes, Randy was concentrating on TGM and TW. He was giving the interview to promote the play, not to talk about QAF. He dealt with the QAF questions and moved on.

Here are some of scnes from that play that I made into a collage

Last edited by varo_kamry; 09-05-2015 at 06:03 AM
Old 09-04-2015, 04:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thank you hun! Your collages have the innate ability to create the intensity of Randy's performances without shouting "fan" .. and that really is genius
Old 09-04-2015, 05:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

Beautiful collage!
Old 09-05-2015, 01:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh! What happened to it? It's not there this morning.
Old 09-05-2015, 06:01 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Oh! What happened to it? It's not there this morning.
the link must be broken. I'll try to restore it
Old 09-05-2015, 06:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
the link must be broken. I'll try to restore it
Yaaay it's back! Thank you sweetie!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread