Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 07-07-2005, 10:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orton
It may not have been 9/11 Dine but it's all the same. I have family there. I wish everyone would stop comparing it to America and realise people have died.
How are you doing?
Hope your family is alright

"i'm not weird, i'm limited edition "

Old 07-08-2005, 12:04 AM
Extreme Fan

This incident is just awful and disturbing. Like Dine said, it's horrible that terrorist attacks are beginning to be the norm lately in places we never would have expected. Innocent people on their way to work, school, and running errands died simply because they were at the wrong place at the wrong time. I guess it's like a horrible reminder that terrorism still looms and simply strikes when our guard is down. I hope everyone here who has family and/or friends who are visiting or live in or near London have heard from them.
I am beginning to know what it feels like to be a woman. To have people looking at you all the time. And I’m sorry ladies, I had no idea! But people are looking at me all the time. Its like i have musical boobies! ~ John Mayer
Old 07-08-2005, 05:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

hi guys! sorry for being MIA the last couple of days. work has been crazy cos we transferred to our new building.

sad to hear about the london bombings it's really a despicable thing for terrorists to do. however, we have no control over this situation. all we can do is pray for all those who died or were injured.

only got to watch a bit of live8 like black eyed peas, duran duran, bon jovi and faith hill. wanna see coldplay, mariah carey and maroon 5 on the replays.

Old 07-08-2005, 07:57 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orton
It may not have been 9/11 Dine but it's all the same. I have family there. I wish everyone would stop comparing it to America and realise people have died.
i don't think you understood what i was meaning to say.

and of course people compare it to 911. 911 STILL is & will always be the ONE incident that changed everything. i know it did for me. ever since having seen 911 nothing seems to shock you. you get used to it. and i never said it's less horrible than what happened in new york. i do realize people have died. and i was the one constantly checking for info & news. i said people in my office weren't shocked & didn't really seem to care. so please don't raise your finger at me.
and by comparing it to 911 i don't think anyone means to downplay what happened.
plus, in many countries in this world innocent people die all the time, too. in iraq, innocent people were and are the target of war. i'm not saying this justifies what they did in london or madrid or bali or new york - no. terror or war is never the answer. i wish everyone would finally realize this. mostly all these politicians who said yesterday how many innocent people were killed in london - when they are the ones having killed many more innocent people in other countries. but they're not even doing it themselves, they make the decisions and send their armies & call it "war against terror" & the only thing they really do is kill innocent people and create even more hate on this planet.
in iraq, pretty much every day we hear about so and so many people dieing - does that bother us much? and i think that's where terror starts - by considering european and american people more worthy.

welcome back, teena. good to have you back.
Old 07-08-2005, 06:09 PM
Master Fan

New Gale pictures, I wonder where they came from. I haven't ever seen them anywhere else except LJ

I was a little panicked yesterday, making sure my family was okay. They were my uncle was working and so were my cousins. But luckily they weren't anywhere near.

Dine: I know. Iraq and Palestine are muslim countries how do you think we feel when they get killed. Half my family lives in Pakistan they are in constant war with India. Yes I do grasp that concept.

Nor did I imply that Europe or America are more worthy?

Personally I was just scared something happened to my family. It doesn't matter. Don't want to argue about politics.

Old 07-09-2005, 12:15 AM
Extreme Fan

Glad to see you on the boards again, Teena.

Shabana: I first seen the pics today from Gio's icons. I don't know when they appeared either.
I am beginning to know what it feels like to be a woman. To have people looking at you all the time. And I’m sorry ladies, I had no idea! But people are looking at me all the time. Its like i have musical boobies! ~ John Mayer
Old 07-09-2005, 12:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

shabana, i'm happy you and your family weren't affected by the bombings. where are you at if you're not living with them?

btw, where are the new gale pics?

dine, thanks for the welcome back

Old 07-09-2005, 04:47 AM
Supreme Fan

the new gale pix are again from qaf daily & appeared yesterday.
Old 07-09-2005, 10:00 PM
Extreme Fan

I'm beyond happy that VH1/MTV here in America re-aired Live 8 after they did such a wonderful job of cutting off performances when it originally aired. I finally seen Coldplay (yay!) and I concur with those of you who said Robbie Williams did such a f***ing fantastic job. I even pulled out my old The Ego Has Landed album and listened to it. He's very underappreciated here.

Dine: Lovely icon.
Old 07-10-2005, 01:59 AM
Supreme Fan

credit goes to miss gio once more.

robbie sang perfectly. and he looked amazing. i can't wait for his new album. and i'm happy he never made it huge in the us. more of him for us.
Old 07-10-2005, 06:52 PM
Extreme Fan

She makes some of the best icons.

ITA. He was wonderful towards the crowd as well. Ah lucky you guys, more Robbie love.
Old 07-11-2005, 11:09 AM
Master Fan

It's so hot. I'm dying

Teena: My cousins, aunts and uncles live in London. Only my family live in Scotland. It's my mum's side of the family that live in London.
Old 07-11-2005, 01:10 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorksrock
ITA. He was wonderful towards the crowd as well. Ah lucky you guys, more Robbie love.
once you've seen him live in concert, everyone else will be disappointing because nobody can live up to his talent to fascinate a crowd. seriously. i'd pay anything to see him live again.

guys, i'm really busy this week. i'll try to check in as much as possible but i don't know how much i can manage.
Old 07-11-2005, 05:24 PM
Master Fan

Good Luck Dine
Old 07-11-2005, 06:54 PM
Extreme Fan

I hope you don't get too boggled down, Dine.

Quote:
It's so hot. I'm dying
Aww poor you, Shabana. I hope the heat lets up!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread