Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 05-27-2004, 11:09 AM
Master Fan

I hadn't noticed that. Good observation on the wrist bands.

Let me know if any pics surface with him wearing that shirt.

And you lucky ho! ::is bitter that I'm nowhere near NY::
"The most important thing to me is that I have had people come up to me and say the show made me feel different about what they could be, about what they could do, about how they respond to problems, about being a female leader." - Joss Whedon
Old 05-27-2004, 09:54 PM
Master Fan

Hey, I'm only going because my friend can drive and I can't..lol..otherwise I'd be stuck here bitching about living too far away and having no money to hop on Amtrak and train it up there on my own. She's easy to persuade..lol..I told her I wanted to go back to NYC, she said "I'll go" before I even finished the sentence...lol. I told her it was for Hal, and reminded her of the picture I showed her of me and that actor I met. She went "Oh ya, he's *cute* I'll definitely go!"

Hal was on GMA this morning, for like, lol, 3 minutes...was funny. They snarked on American Idol's finale...Rachel Harris teased Hal about being cynical. Hal? Cynical? She's got him pegged!
Old 05-27-2004, 10:21 PM
Master Fan

That sounds a lot like me. I'll drive anywhere, just give me directions. I love to drive. And before gas went up my friend and I would just drive to Palm Springs at midnight just for the hell of it.

Damn, I forgot to watch it. Did he say which one he liked?
"The most important thing to me is that I have had people come up to me and say the show made me feel different about what they could be, about what they could do, about how they respond to problems, about being a female leader." - Joss Whedon
Old 05-29-2004, 11:25 PM
Master Fan

I don't think he said who he preferred, but I got the sense he liked that Fantasia girl and was happy she won. You can see the clip at http://www.sparksfan.com

Check it out.

And...and...lol...VH1 started showing their commercial for "I Love the 90's" w/Hal, Michael Ian Black and Rachel Harris...it's HILARIOUS! I saw it this afternoon and busted out laughing - they were poking fun at "Beverly Hills 90210" and Hal looked *delicious*

A clip of that is at the sparksfan.com site as well!!
Old 05-30-2004, 09:28 AM
Master Fan

Omg, a 90210 spoof. It so fits the early 90's. And they put the "bee" girl in there.

I didn't like the Good Morning America appearance. I don't know, they really didn't discuss anything that mattered. It was basically just recapping what happened that night. And since I watched, I don't need the recap.
Old 05-31-2004, 12:13 AM
Master Fan

I guess not!

Yeah, it wasn't anything spectacular and annoying since it was only 2 or 3 minutes long. Still, what a nice sight to see first thing in the morning.
Old 06-04-2004, 04:54 AM
awd
New Fan

I just wanted to give a to Hal's performance in 407. I really thought he did an excellent job, and I can't wait to see what else is in store for the season!

I wanted to see more of him on GMA, too! I rarely watch American Idol, so the recap was ok-I just wanted to see more HAL!
Old 06-04-2004, 09:00 PM
Master Fan

And you can never have enough of that!

He was pretty great in 407, with every scene, interacting with all the characters. Go Hal! *sniffle* He's come so far from the smiling, goofy guy who hosted "talk soup"
Old 06-04-2004, 10:09 PM
Master Fan

I loved his speech at the funeral. I felt it was a little long, but Hal still did a terrific job. As he also did in the B/M scene. It was those scenes that his acting really stood out. Unfortunately, I couldn't "feel" it during the Deb/Mikey scenes, but I think that was because of how it was written.
Old 06-05-2004, 10:34 PM
Master Fan

Ya, I'm with ya on that one...there was something missing from the Deb/M scene, and I blame that on the writing, not on the actors. Hal's doing a kickass job these days.

*sigh* Looks like I may not be going to see him do stand up in NYC this month. damnit. All my pals are gonna be there too, including my new drinking buddy who runs that site sparksfan.com Ya never know though, I could luck out at the last minuet and get to go. If not, that same day we're having a block party here and I plan on drinking whatever concoction my sister's boyfriend makes to dull my pain at not being able to see Hal.
Old 06-06-2004, 12:39 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by MichaelsPatience
*sigh* Looks like I may not be going to see him do stand up in NYC this month. damnit. All my pals are gonna be there too, including my new drinking buddy who runs that site sparksfan.com Ya never know though, I could luck out at the last minuet and get to go. If not, that same day we're having a block party here and I plan on drinking whatever concoction my sister's boyfriend makes to dull my pain at not being able to see Hal.
That sucks. Well, getting plastered is the best way to numb the pain. Either that, or getting stoned.
Old 06-06-2004, 10:22 PM
Master Fan

Or laid!

I have a better chance of getting drunk than the other 2 choices. lol.

And YAY for Michael in 408 - telling Ben what to do with his *****ty attitude! Yeah baby!

Hal hosted the GLAAD media awards Saturday night in San Francisco. Some pics from wireimage.com -

Someone I know was there, here's a bit of what she said:

On June 5, 2004, Hal was the host of the 15th Annual GLAAD (Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation) Media Awards. The awards banquet was attended by over 700 persons. To start, they showed a clip of television and other media nominees, and Queer as Folk was represented by Hal and Robert Gant as "Michael" and "Ben," plus a quick shot of Sharon Gless. As host, Hal opened the proceedings with a lengthy comedy monologue that was heavy on political potshots at the Bush administration's anti-gay agenda. Hal had the huge room laughing and applauding enthusiastically the entire time and if I can remember some of the jokes later I will add them. Throughout the banquet, which lasted hours but seemed to fly by, Hal periodically returned to the stage to tell more jokes and introduce various presenters, and also wrapped up the show at the very end. Not only did the entire room give Hal a warm welcome, but they all loved his performance and politics.

The awards show was filled with comedy, touching moments, standing ovations and a sense of purpose. Some of the presenters were Robin Williams (he was hysterical, of course), Tippi Hedren (Hal imitated her being attacked by birds in the Alfred Hitchcock movie The Birds and totally cracked up everyone), Sharon Osbourne (who declared herself *gay* except that she loves *willies*), and Alan Cumming (witty and offbeat). Clive Barker accepted one special award. Megan Mullally ("Karen" on Will and Grace) accepted another special award and she had us in stitches. For me, the most exciting and heartwarming moment of the entire evening was when SF Mayor Gavin Newsom took to the stage to accept a special award. (In case anyone has not been following the news, he is the one who, in an act of civil disobedience, ordered the City of San Francisco to start issuing same-sex marriage licenses earlier this year.) Not only was his speech outstanding, it was an honor and privilege for me to take part in the numerous standing ovations that he inspired in the audience. In her own outstanding speech, Joan Garry, the Executive Director of GLAAD (www.glaad.org), told how her partner's mother still will not speak her name out loud and exhorted everyone to get involved during this election year.
Old 06-07-2004, 05:17 PM
awd
New Fan

MichaelsPatience, thanks for posting the pics & observations of the attendee from the GLAAD awards. Hal is so cool! Being a straight woman, one of the sexiest things to me is a straight guy who is confident enough in his sexuality that bigotry against G/B/T people is NOT a part of his identity. Go Hal!
Old 06-07-2004, 10:30 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by MichaelsPatience
Hal hosted the GLAAD media awards Saturday night in San Francisco.
[/i]
I wish that had been aired on TV.
Old 06-07-2004, 10:49 PM
Loyal Fan

I was wondering if anyone saw Hal on 'Ask Rita'? I only saw part of it, and he was talking about women who act like the only reason they want to get married is for the ring. And then he said something about playing it cool and 'if you want to marry me, act like you don't and I'll be ring shopping in 3 months'. Something like that. I thought it was sorta funny. And I think the show aired last year, but a rerun was on a couple of nights ago, I think Friday.