Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2018, 07:03 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by daggerrose (View Post)
Yes As messed up as their friendship could be at times, they were so important to each other.
Very true - I don't always have a high opinion of Michael but there were some very good points being raised here about how many good times they had and how important they actually were to each other.
fmaldy24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 07:23 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmaldy24 (View Post)
Very true - I don't always have a high opinion of Michael but there were some very good points being raised here about how many good times they had and how important they actually were to each other.
Exactly. They both had flaws, of course, which is what made them even more real.
daggerrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 07:37 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Exactly. They both had flaws, of course, which is what made them even more real.
That's true I do think that made the show great - the characters were so realistic and relatable
Old 05-21-2018, 05:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

Sometimes Brian wasn't honest with Michael, like the time that he didn't tell him about having cancer and the time he was so depressed that he was wearing the bloody scarf. He didn't want to burden him. It was different in S1 though.
Old 05-21-2018, 07:25 AM
Extreme Fan

Yeah exactly. Michael would always tell Brian his problems. But Brian would always hide his. Whether it was because he doesn’t want to burden him or because he thinks he can handle it on his own and doesn’t want help, I don’t know. Sometimes I just want to scream at Brian to let people help him.
Old 05-23-2018, 03:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Yeah exactly. Michael would always tell Brian his problems. But Brian would always hide his. Whether it was because he doesn’t want to burden him or because he thinks he can handle it on his own and doesn’t want help, I don’t know. Sometimes I just want to scream at Brian to let people help him.
I think Brian didn't want anyone look into himself.. wht reason ever, but in some things he only opend up to Michale at least. Not everybody is an open book and tells how it looks inside him.. and Brian for sure was one of those closed books who needed a special key to open himslef.. maybe Justin got it with over the years?

icon by Daggi
Giotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 06:14 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giotto (View Post)
I think Brian didn't want anyone look into himself.. wht reason ever, but in some things he only opend up to Michale at least. Not everybody is an open book and tells how it looks inside him.. and Brian for sure was one of those closed books who needed a special key to open himslef.. maybe Justin got it with over the years?
I agree. I think it was a long process but Justin eventually got in. Michael though, he was always the only one who really knew Brian.
Old 05-25-2018, 12:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
I agree. I think it was a long process but Justin eventually got in. Michael though, he was always the only one who really knew Brian.
but with being in a relationship, I would say Michales priorities changed a bit.. they drifted appart

icon by Daggi
Old 05-25-2018, 06:12 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
but with being in a relationship, I would say Michales priorities changed a bit.. they drifted appart
Definitely. Even though it took a while for Michael to realize he needed to put Ben first and not Brian.
Old 05-27-2018, 03:44 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
hhmmm - I think Justin knew Brian very deeply as well - just in a very different way to Michael but still knew him just as well
Old 05-27-2018, 07:57 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
hhmmm - I think Justin knew Brian very deeply as well - just in a very different way to Michael but still knew him just as well
I suppose you’re right. That makes sense!!
Old 05-27-2018, 08:06 PM
Ultimate Fan

A lover is different to a best friend and I think throughout the show you see how Brian uses them both for different things and talks to them in different ways and about different things I think You may not agree Just my humble opinion which is not always right and I have changed my mind from listening to others on here and what they say It's a great thing about this forum - so many different ideas and thoughts
Old 05-27-2018, 09:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
A lover is different to a best friend and I think throughout the show you see how Brian uses them both for different things and talks to them in different ways and about different things I think You may not agree Just my humble opinion which is not always right and I have changed my mind from listening to others on here and what they say It's a great thing about this forum - so many different ideas and thoughts
no, it absolutly makes sense.

Michael was the safty cushion Brian fell back on in hard times or even in situations his youth or growing up . and he is building a completly new base of trust and relation with Justin. Michael knew all his bad demons from Brians youth, but for making new memories Brian prefered a partner and not just a friend. that Justin was at the beginning, almost his litle secret, that he didn't even share with Michael

icon by Daggi
Old 05-27-2018, 10:43 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
no, it absolutly makes sense.

Michael was the safty cushion Brian fell back on in hard times or even in situations his youth or growing up . and he is building a completly new base of trust and relation with Justin. Michael knew all his bad demons from Brians youth, but for making new memories Brian prefered a partner and not just a friend. that Justin was at the beginning, almost his litle secret, that he didn't even share with Michael
Yes this is what I'm trying to say as well Thanks Daggi.
Old 05-28-2018, 06:28 AM
Extreme Fan

Yup, you both are completely right. It makes a lot of sense. A lover and a best friend are different, as much as the lines can blur sometimes. And as much as Michael sometimes wanted more. I think it goes both ways. Michael knows things about Brian that Justin doesn't and vice versa. Which, is the norm.
Reply   Post New Thread