Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 02:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

yeah that part is not really pg 13
“ We don't know who we are until we're connected to someone else. We're just better human beings when we're with the person we're supposed to be with. I wasn't supposed to leave. I belong here." Quote byTara from Sons of Anarchy 3x01
Icon by Zonikita
Old 07-12-2007, 03:09 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah I think we should leave it at "I don't believe in love"

BTW I've found something I've noted thinking it can be useful one day and it could be a good intro. It was on salon.com site. Here's the quote:

"An advertising executive Brian Kinney is the master of the come-on and the disposable desire. The word is that he never has the same guy twice and he is most definitely a top. But as Queer as Folk opens, Brian's emotional fortress is under attack. He's about to turn 30 and fears losing his edge and he has just spotted the most delicious prey of all -- a blond, cherry-ripe, suburban teenager named Justin Taylor, who adores him at first sight."
Old 07-12-2007, 03:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That sounds great, but maybe we should leave something out, like him being a top... *coughs* I mean, that might be stretching it a little, even though I would so love to do that!
Old 07-12-2007, 03:28 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah that's what I was thinking but you know I always thought that it doesn't necessarily have to have just a sexual connotation. Like e.g. it can pretty much be associated with the alpha male or a dominant personality which is Brian's case. And actually in the article itself I don't think the author necessarily meant it in purely sexual way... But ok we can leave it out.
Old 07-12-2007, 03:38 PM
Obsessed Fan

Are we getting ready for thread #100?

*goes to read the rest of the thread*
Old 07-12-2007, 03:40 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Are we getting ready for thread #100?
Yes and no. I mean we are going to include the result of this whole thing in the 100th thread I think.

But yeah read the rest of the thread
Old 07-12-2007, 03:45 PM
Master Fan

I'm way too lazy to read through the rest of the thread

although maybe I should because I have nothing to say...
Old 07-12-2007, 03:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The last two pages might be important for every poster of this board.

Hm, maybe we should rephrase this alpha male thing somehow. I mean, we all know that Brian is like that, but somehow I doubt everybody there will get this without having watched the show, so there should be another way to describe what Brian is like. Oh, and we kinda have to mention that Justin was a virgin, eh?! Oh, the controversy...
Old 07-12-2007, 03:47 PM
Elite Fan

Jenn just because I'm a very nice person (and don't you forget it ) I'm gonna post you the quote on what is going on

Quote:
BTW there's a cool thread on Couples board where people advertise the couples they like, it's called Why you should ship... It's painfully straight atm, I say we should prepare a B/J presentation for that thread We could include it later in our 100th thread too. What do you guys think? Take a look at that thread and tell me if you're in. Personally I love the idea and some presentations there are awesome!

http://www.fanforum.com/f88/why-you-...ship-62802139/

ETA: Kate we can phrase Justin's virginity with something very corny like "it was a night of all kinds of firsts for Justin" or something And hey if we're not in for the controversy than we're not true QaF fans
Old 07-12-2007, 03:51 PM
Master Fan

Do, how could I ever forget that you were a nice person?

oh, so now we're trying to figure out what to say?
Old 07-12-2007, 03:53 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah we're basically trying to decide on which plots, scenes we should include and how.

(read the last 2 pages anyway, might be helpful if you're in for this project )

ETA: BTW I can't see your new icon yet but I love the quote in your sig... Such a gorgeous scene... I want a Morrison too
Old 07-12-2007, 03:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~DresdenDoll~ (View Post)
Kate we can phrase Justin's virginity with something very corny like "it was a night of all kinds of firsts for Justin" or something And hey if we're not in for the controversy than we're not true QaF fans
It sounds very poetic like that. But yeah, we probably have to write it that way or some others will get a heartattack and start saying things like: "But he was a minor! That's illegal!" Yadda, yadda, yadda... And I'm really not in the mood to discuss that with them.
Old 07-12-2007, 04:03 PM
Elite Fan

Oh geeze he was almost 18 and from the statistics I think the average age of first sexual experience in the States is 16 so stfu you prudes

Or we can phrase it like for Justin it was a night of a first kiss (btw we actually don't really know it for sure but we can assume right?), first time and first love. Sounds equally corny
Old 07-12-2007, 04:03 PM
Obsessed Fan

Okay, I spent the last 20 minutes reading the rest of the thread and I come back to see Do posted that for Jenn

Hmm, scenes to add. (Kate, how did you know I was one of those people in the corner? )

I agree with Do I think for S4 we should focus more on the cancer storyline and not the Pink Posse thing How about the f-ing chicken noodle soup, or happy time tea? Justin planned to stand by their commitment no matter what Brian said, and he then helped him get better. Oh hey we could mention how Brian got through the Liberty Ride because of the image of Justin cheering him on, saying he could do it, even though he wasn't there physically to support him (because Brian wanted Justin to go to Hollywood and didn't want him to miss an opportunity like that?)
Old 07-12-2007, 04:04 PM
Master Fan

And anyway, the age of consent in PA is 16

I think this is a really cute idea I'll come back when I have something to add though
Closed Thread   Post New Thread