Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2007, 03:18 AM
Dedicated Fan

Why you should ship...

I thought it would be fun to start a thread "advertising" couples. I know how much everyone enjoys to gush and squee about their favorite couples so I thought it'd be interesting to start a thread where others could convince people why their ship is awesome. We might even find some converts or people enjoying a ship on a show they dont even watch! This might not work out but if it does, I think it would be fun to read why people thing their ship should be... uhm, 'shipped'

Here's an example post, I guess:

Quote:
Couple: Logan and Veronica
TV Show: Veronica Mars
Veronica's first boyfriend was Duncan Kane. She and his sister Lily were best friends. Lily's boyfriend was Logan. Hmm, sounds interesting already doesn't it? When Lily was murdered, everything changed. Duncan and Veronica were no longer together and she was seen as an outcast. People who had once been her friends now looked down upon her. Logan, in particular, took it upon himself to make her life hell. But behind their snarky comments and witty banter, you could tell there was more behind it. Logan always seemed to deeply admire Veronica and she didn't seem to be able to stay away from him. It all culminated in their very awesome first kiss: YouTube - VERONICA LOGAN FIRST KISS!

They tried to deny their feelings but just couldn't stay away. They began a relationship but it kept it secret because of Duncan and also Logan's unaccepting friends. But at the end of season 1, their relationship was revealed and Logan let everyone know that he didn't care what they thought - he wanted to be with Veronica. However, she began to pull away when she suspected he was Lily's killer. But, things worked out and they lived happily ever after. NOT. She went back to Duncan and Logan was left hearbroken. Cue - more snarky-ness and banter plus oodles of sexual tension! Finally, Duncan leaves! But Logan's moved on and we get a little bit of jealous!Veronica. But after much ado, at the end of the season - they wind up together!

Their still together in S3 where the work out trust issues and how much they love each other, whether their willing to change and what their willing to sacrifice. Of course, now we have PIZ(ew) who pines after Veronica. After some conflict, which I wont go into detail about, LV break up - get back together - and break up again. Logan hooks up with Veronica's friend Parker. She gets together with Piz. The last bits of S3 are horrible, with Veronica claiming it was OVER between them. But from the undeniable heat and passion that just seems to be abound whenever their together, you just know that it could never actually be over.

Clips:

YouTube - Top 10 Logan and Veronica Moments: Season One
YouTube - Top 10 Logan and Veronica Moments: Season Two
YouTube - Top 10 Logan and Veronica Moments: Season Three

logan and veronica online � fanlisting and shipper site
hmm, so post away! I'm a bit of a shipper-aholic myself and I never fail to take onboard new ships if someone convinces me that their great enough! And this doesn't just have to be couples on TV, books and movies can be included as well
Old 06-01-2007, 03:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

House/Cameron from House

They are the most interesting "couple" on TV, in my opinion. It has tension and the actors, Hugh Laurie and Jennifer Morrison, has great chemistry. They are also very complicated, or as the shows producer has said, complicated in a wonderfull way. And it's different.

She's in love with him, has been for 3 years now, but we don't exactly know for sure what he feels.,

YouTube - Everything i do

YouTube - DESIRE-HOUSE'S POINT OF VIEW

YouTube - Lucky One

YouTube - H/C House Cameron shipper video the Reason

YouTube - House-Cameron - Patience

YouTube - House M.D. Fanvid - The Walk

Last edited by sanna_o75; 06-01-2007 at 04:07 AM
sanna_o75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 04:37 AM
Master Fan

I Like This Idea

Ross/Rachel, from the tv show FRIENDS.

I know the show ended but it's a classic, a really good one, that brought amazing moments, for happiness and sadness.
And Ross/Rachel are one of those couples you never forget. They had an amazing on-off relationship for ten years, always together throught the best and the worst. Jennifer and David had an amazing chemistryyyy, and their acting was brilliant.

And Who can't remember their first kiss, on Central Perk? YouTube - Ross and Rachel, First Kiss (Friends TV Show)

Who can't remember their so sad break-up? YouTube - F.R.I.E.N.D.S.

Who can't remember when they had a daughter? YouTube - Ross & Rachel-In My Daughters Eyes

Who can't remember the amazing finale with "I Got off the plane"?? YouTube - The Last One - finale Ross and Rachel

My favourite fanvideo about them: YouTube - Ross and Rachel - With or Without You & YouTube - Ross and Rachel - Goodbye My Lover (not mine)

A fan video I made: YouTube - Ross and Rachel, Ache For you

Last edited by unfloopy_; 06-01-2007 at 07:08 AM
unfloopy_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 05:36 AM
Master Fan

ooh! This looks like fun! I love the LV and RnR posts with all the clips - two amazing couples

Shawn and Belle from Days of Our Lives

ok, there's is a long and intricate story but I just love telling it. They are one my favourite couples of all time and I believe loads of people would love them, even without watching the show (which is pretty much sucky most of the time but SB make it worthwhile)

So, it all started in 1999. Shawn and Belle are both children of two of the most popular couples on the show. Bo&Hope and John&Marlena - these two couples also happen to be good friends and so Shawn and Belle pretty much grew up together. However, when they were teenagers they were split up and Shawn went to boarding school. When he came back in '99, he wore a leather jacket and had a pierced ear. (But he's not much of a rebel) Belle was sweet, preppy and good natured

"First Meeting"
They argued at first because they were both so different. But most of it was just teasing on Shawn's part. You always got the feeling that there was something there but they were both adamant that they were just friends. But over the year there were many moments where we saw how they felt about each other. They grew close and became good friends, being able to share things with each other. FINALLY in 2001, Shawn asked Belle out and they went on a date but that didn't mean that it didn't take them all of forever to share their first kiss: YouTube - Shawn and Belle's first kiss

Finally they were a couple! We got many cute, cheesy moments where they said they loved each other, etc, a whole load of general all round adorable-ness. It didn't last long 'cause Shawn pretended to be the father of this other girl's baby just so she wouldn't get an abortion and so Belle thought she cheated on him (STUPID, STUPID SHAWN) However, after months of agonising pain and longing, the truth came out and they were together again! uhm, then they headed off to college and there were loads more problems for them to face but they stuck by each other and always knew that they were meant to be. They never stopped loving or believing in each other.

Ok, now they've both got jobs and are working - they're in their early twenties. Major wrench in the works pops up. Belle's mom? She goes psycho and starts killing people. Belle gets scared and covers for her and Shawn find out and is really angry. She apologises and he says that he will always, always love her but they need sometime apart and he's going away for a little while but he'll be back someday. Then, just as he's about to return he gets kidnapped by the same girl who made him pretend to be the father of her baby (hey, its a soap opera!) and she locks him in a cage. Its at this point in the show that the actress who played Belle leaves and she's replaced by someone else.

Anyhoo, so Shawn doesn't return 'cause he's trapped in a cage and so Belle gets close to her (and Shawn's) long time friend Philip (who has randomly decided he loves her? wtf?) So after Shawn has been gone for aaages, she moves on with with Philip. Decides to marry him. Shawn finally escapes and finds out. He tries to stop the wedding but ends up in a motorcycle crash. Belle marries Philip and when Shawn wakes up he remembers none of their relationship and thinks he hates her. Eventually, he regains his memory and tries to get Belle back. She still loves him. He still loves her. But she's married. One night they end up getting stranded in a barn after a car crash in the snow. They almost get hypothermia and they need to keep warm so YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENS. Except when they wake up, the barn is burning and they DONT REMEMBER ANY OF IT.

Belle ends up pregnant. They all think it's Philip's baby. We know better. Belle tells Shawn its over and that he should move on. He does. With her best friend Mimi. Belle gives birth to Claire. Mimi knows that Claire is Shawn's. She doesn't tell ANYONE. Shawn marries Mimi. Belle realises she still loves him and always will. He tells her that they both have to move on and be happy. Eugh. FINALLY the truth is revealed. It messes everything up - shawn/mimi break up, as do belle/philip. Philip then tries to get sole custody of Claire, so shawn/belle run away with her and its all one vicious cyle but they are such an endearing couple. They are the very definition of soulmates. I've left out chunks of their story but its just so expansive and this is long enough as it is.

I'd like to point out the many times they've dreamt of getting married to each other:

ooh, and the paper ILY heart is this cute little thing they do:

Aww

Clips:
I'll Be:A Shawn & Belle Video Clips Site <-- this site is password protected so you have to join but it has all their scenes up till 2004 so its pretty much like watching one long s/b movie. Its awesome
Lookout Point <--- you need to join this site as well but it has oodles of clips from 2004+
This YouTube User has been posting their scenes from the past few months --> YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Shawn-Belle.Net ---> Your #1 source for every related to Shawn & Belle

Yep, thats about it. They are a truly great couple who are amazing to watch because of their history and just how much love they have for each other. Total and complete perfection!

The perfect family:
Old 06-01-2007, 05:49 AM
Master Fan

Because they were totaly HOT together. And i think these vids just say it ALL!

YouTube - max and chelsea
YouTube - Chelsea and Max

Stupid Hogan Sheffer broke them up
Leneoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 08:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

Great topic! Im going to come back with mine
My LJ
AutumnColorsღ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 10:09 AM
Passionate Fan

Will come back with mine too, but there are 3 couples in this thread already that I will never ship in a million years(R/R, Ham, Shelle)
mondlerlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 11:13 AM
Elite Fan

(This post is on behalf of all the zennies on the Jackie/Hyde Couple's Thread )

Jackie Burkhart and Steven Hyde

Ship Super Hero Name: The Zenmasters (AKA: Zennies)
TV Show:That 70's Show

Jackie Burkhart is a complicated woman. Steven Hyde is a simple man. Together, they equal the coolest ass couple on the planet.

From the very first season, these two opposites, Jackie and Hyde, had your typical "bad boy" and the "princess" archtype love/hate relationship. He hated her, she hated him, then she loved him, and then she stalked him. And when Jackie finally "bagged" her man in the third season and got him all woozy with a kiss, she went "eh."

That's our Jackie. Make him want more girl!

Anyway, a couple of seasons later, after some mild flirting and an entire episode of shaking their groove thang, they FINALLY put some use to that couch in Forman's basement and spent an entire summer making out like no body's business.

Here is their story...
(As told the way only a zennie can tell it.)

Basically, after Hyde, being the stubborn ass that he is,
put up a fight, they fell in love.

And during their relationship,
Jackie fantasized (about a hundred times) about their future.

Though, like only Hyde could, he gave her those things she needed
without her even realizing it.

And even though they fought and didn't always agree...

They managed to get through it
and make out like hot little bunny rabbits.

See, Zennies believe that no matter what came at them,
skanks in leather jackets, strippers, ex-boyfriends,
creepy foreigners and bitter, half-assed writers...

Jackie and Hyde loved each other
and always will.

That was their story.
For never was there a tale of more zen,
than that of Jackie and her Steven.

The End.

A few quick clips for the one person who might actually watch.
But they are AWESOME!

#1 pick: The Grease Fantasy

#2 pick: How they got their super hero name

#3 pick: Puddin' Pop

Oh! Gotta include the vids! Gotta! There are probably about a million.
Here are three.

You Tube: Low
Youtube: Don't let it go to your head
Photobucket: Goodbye My Lover

Yeah... *waves hands* LOVE THEM!

Old 06-01-2007, 11:21 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondlerlove (View Post)
Will come back with mine too, but there are 3 couples in this thread already that I will never ship in a million years(R/R, Ham, Shelle)
Nobody is forcing someone to like a couple. We're just standing our ground, to show the reasons we support the couple, getting to know the story, not saying "NOW LOVE IT OR YOU WILL DIE".
I didn't know Shelle or Jackie/Hyde story till today, I don't ship Ham, I kinda like LoVe.
unfloopy_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 11:50 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by unfloopy_ (View Post)
Nobody is forcing someone to like a couple. We're just standing our ground, to show the reasons we support the couple, getting to know the story, not saying "NOW LOVE IT OR YOU WILL DIE".
I didn't know Shelle or Jackie/Hyde story till today, I don't ship Ham, I kinda like LoVe.
Thank you, ICA - you're not forced to like anything - think of it as 'sharing information'

sanna_o75: ooh, I've never watched House before but you've definitely perked my interest. They look pretty intense which I like and I think unrequited love is great to watch. Not so sure about the age difference but I'll definitely look into them!

unfloopy_ : Aw, lovely post! RnR are such a classic and awesome couple - thanks for the clips! Those were some awesome memories

provocative: gah, beautiful post! I adore Shawn/Belle and how far they've come, etc. Really nice recap

luvcali76: ANOTHER fantastic post! Loved the JH timeline-y-thing-y
Old 06-02-2007, 11:54 AM
Supreme Fan

Nice thread. The only couples that remain true and dear to my heart are: Max & Liz from Roswell and Lois & Clark from The New Adventures of Superman.

Crash & Burn - Thanks for the history on Logan/Veronica. I've never watched Veronica Mars, but they seem to be a popular ship.

provocative - Thanks for the history on Shawn/Belle. I used to watch DOOL years ago and thought they were adorable especially when Kirsten played Belle.

LIZ: So when you healed me you risked all of this getting out didn't you?
MAX: Yea.
LIZ: Why??
MAX: It was you.
Icon: ?
~*Sonia E.*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 12:44 PM
Passionate Fan

erm not sure if im doing this right but...
couple: xena and ares
show: xena warrior princess
well baisically I think you should ship them because
they have amazing chemistry
they look gorgeous together not to be shallow or anything
they dont have a mainstream romance but there is a spark there that anyone can see
they have a snarky argumentative vibe but deep down they care for each other
YouTube - Xena & Ares:Far Away

YouTube - It's Only Love - Xena/Ares

how was that? convinced? lol
check them out anyways
come join in the festivities
http://www.fanforum.com/f88/xena-war...-war-62801166/
Xena&Ares Buffy&Spike pheobe&cole icon by spikes_girl
Tru Davies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 03:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

People wanted me to come here and tell you why you should ship Cordy/Angel.

Both characters of course were originally on Buffy. Cordy was the typical high school bitch. Her first real boyfriend surprisingly was Xander the geek. That's how she became a scoobie. Later on though Xander cheated on Cordy with his best friend Willow. Angel was the mysterious stranger who turned out to be a vampire with a soul. He was on a mission of redemption for his evil deeds. Buffy and Angel ended up getting together. When they finally did it though he lost his soul and became evil again. There was this clause that if he acheived perfect happiness he would lose it.
Angelus tortured Buffy and her friends for months until Buffy finally sent him to hell. Unfortuantely Willow did the spell that gave him his soul back and Buffy had to send Angel not Angelus to Hell. He came back but we really aren't sure how? The First Evil in Amends claimed it did it but there have been other claims through the years on ATS. It was too hard for Buffy and Angel to be around each other and not want to be together. They couldn't just be friends.
So Angel went to LA and Cordy ended up in LA too. She wanted to become an actress. In the Pilot Angel saved her from an evil vampire and she decided to help him with Angel Investigations. So they became good friends and slowly developed feelings for each other.
They were So funny and cute together. They had great chemistry. Cordy made Angel smile which isn't easy to do. They were there for each other through the good and the bad. Cordy made Angel more Human. He usually was So broody and down and she is like a breath of fresh air.
YouTube - Angel Meeting Cordelia

YouTube - Cordy Moves in To Angel's Apartment

YouTube - Angel 1 x 5 ~ Doyle is jealous

YouTube - Angel Hero - Cordelia pitches a commerical

YouTube - Parting gift

YouTube - Angel Expecting

YouTube - I'm Cordelia!

YouTube - Angel Buys Back Cordy's Friendship

YouTube - Angel Checks out Cordy in a Bikini

YouTube - Angel Looking at Cordy

YouTube - Angel and Cordy Possessed by Spirits

YouTube - Angel/Cordelia Live For Real

YouTube - Poster Girl

YouTube - Everything I Do, I Do It For You (Angel/Cordelia)

YouTube - We've Got Tonight - Angel/Cordelia fan vid

YouTube - Let Love In (Angel/Cordelia)

YouTube - Angel & Cordelia songvideo "Parenthood v.2"

YouTube - Angel & Cordelia songvideo "With You v.2"

YouTube - Cordy and Angel: Somewhere Only We Know

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Last edited by Jaime Bee; 06-02-2007 at 08:06 PM
Jaime Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 04:52 PM
Master Fan

aw, there's a couple of really pretty posts here
Old 06-02-2007, 07:33 PM
Master Fan

Jack Sparrow and Elizabeth Swann

"Pirates of the Caribbean"

Jack and Elizabeth's story begins in "Curse of the Black Pearl" when the roguish pirate impetuiously jumps in the Caribbean waters of Port Royale to save the govenor's daughter from drowning. From there, one of the most tempestuous and steamiest romances in movies is born. The moment Jack cuts Elizabeth out of her corset, the chemistry and heat between these two practically fogs up your movie screen. He goes on to use her to escape capture, (he is a pirate after all) but he quickly redeems himself by saving her life, again. Things get more than a little hot when they spend some time on an island drinking rum and behaving rather wickedly. Jack also gives Elizabeth a glimpse of the man behind the legend and she becomes the only person he reveals the truth about his legendary escape to. Their idyllic retreat is quickly interrupted by arguing over burnt rum and they begin a classic love/hate dance around each other. They chase cursed pirates around the Caribbean and come to realize they are "peas in a pod." In the words of the writers, "Their hearts are the same." Jack, once again, proves himself a good man when he shoots Barbossa just as the evil pirate is about to kill Elizabeth. In the end, Miss Swann proves she is capable of doing some rescuing of her own as she saves Jack from being hanged. Neither of them will wever be the same as Jack leaves Elizabeth with the flirtatious,
"It would never have worked between us, darling."

"Curse of the Black Pearl"

"Elizabeth and Jack have always been incredibly candid with each other – perhaps more so than any other two characters in this series. They understand each other on a fundamental level – they’re “peas in a pod,” they throw societal boundaries to the wind, and even though she’s a governor’s daughter and he’s a notorious pirate, when they’re together, they’re equals. They argue and flirt and challenge each other and see through the other’s facades, the things that they struggle to keep hidden from everyone else, the things they usually succeed in hiding. Elizabeth knows, unquestioningly, that Jack is a good man – a characteristic that’s downright embarrassing when you are essentially a professional scoundrel, not to mention the responsibility that comes along with it. Jack recognizes Elizabeth’s desperate desire for freedom – something unheard of, with women trapped in the unflinching gender role of the time period.

These two people, beyond anything else, get each other. They trust each other."

-dollsome

In "Dead Man's Chest" we see the tension and frustration between the two building, ready to explode into what the writers of "Pirates" termed "a kiss for the ages". Lizzie, as Jack calls her, is fighting the two parts of herself - the dutiful govenor's daughter who is engaged to another man, and the pirate within her who wants nothing more than to know what freedom and a life with Jack tastes like. And Jack has been "vexed" by Elizabeth since leaving Port Royale at the end of the first movie. His compass won't work because he refuses to claim that which he wants most ("that" being the feisty govenor's daughter) for his own. In the end, he proves Elizabeth's claim that he is, in fact "a good man" and they both finally get what they have been craving as Elizabeth kills him with a kiss. Grinning proudly at his Lady Doom as she declares, "I'm not sorry." Jack absolves and destroys her at the same time by answering,
"Pirate."

"Dead Man's Chest"

In the conclusion of the "Pirates" trilogy, Elizabeth has one goal: to get Jack Sparrow back. When she finds Jack, her joy is shortlived as it becomes clear that Jack has not forgiven her and puts as much distance between the two of them as possible. Jack's freedom was taken away from him. And what's worse, it was taken away by the woman he risked everything for. But even in his anger it is Jack that is there for Elizabeth gently explaining to her that her father has died, it is Jack who helps Elizabeth take the final step in becoming a true pirate by electing her Pirate King, and it is Jack who gives up his chance at immortality so that Elizabeth does not have to lose one more person in her life. In the end, the trilogy comes full circle and Jack saves Elizabeth again as she clings to him while they soar above the sea they both love. A Sparrow and a Swann, finally learning how to fly.

"At World's End"

The final scene between Jack and Elizabeth was something that we as Sparrabeth fans never thought we would see. In perhaps his most courageous act ever, Jack Sparrow lets his Lizzie go. Unable to even meet her eye, Jack doesn't have the words to say goodbye to Elizabeth, so she uses his own parting words to her in "Curse of the Black Pearl" telling him sadly, "Jack, it would never have worked between us."
Proud of the pirate she's become and realizing they both know that her words are lies, Jack simply responds, "Keep telling yourself that, darling."

Even though the end of "At World's End" devastated us, we know things are far from over for Jack and Elizabeth. She will always be the true north of his compass and he will always be her pirate and good man. They are "peas in a pod", birds of a feather and it's not the end for them ... simply another beginning.

"When the movie ends, it is with Jack decked out in his Captain Jack Sparrow gear – coat, hat, the whole nine yards – and singing A Pirate’s Life For Me.

In the scene after the credits, we see a little boy wearing a long coat (like Jack’s) and a tricorn hat (like Jack’s), singing – who’da thunk it?? – A Pirate’s Life For Me. (Like Jack.)

They could have decked the kid out in a loose white shirt and slapped a bandana on his head, and bam! Mini-Will. No questions asked. No suspicion aroused.

Instead, five minutes after we say goodbye to Jack, we get the tiny spitting image of Jack wearing exactly what Jack was wearing and singing exactly what Jack was singing. I can’t quite get myself to believe that this is a coincidence.

Now, I’m not going so far as to suggest the kid is Jack’s, but it does seem intentional to suggest that Jack’s played a pretty prominent role in this boy’s life. Which lends itself to the idea that Elizabeth and Jack have been together.

I’m pretty sure we aren’t supposed to believe that Elizabeth spent ten years on that island by herself, waiting around for Will, raising the kid, and managing in the meantime to construct some seriously impressive outfits out of grass and seaweed. Instead, it seems that she reunited with Jack somehow, and they probably had lots of piratey adventures over that decade. (Stealing the Pearl back from Barbossa! Fountain of Youth hijinks! Jack seriously freaking out as Elizabeth gives birth on his ship!) Maybe they were lovers; maybe just friends with that bittersweet flicker of something more.

In any case, I think that the ending we got was much more of an end for Elizabeth and Will than it was for Elizabeth and Jack.

-dollsome

And so, for us, the ending is a happy one. Maybe not the happily ever after that some people are always looking for in a love story, but Jack and Elizabeth were never that couple. Their relationship was about finding freedom and the one person in life that is your equal - the person that makes you a better person. Lizzie and Jack are free to be together whenever they want, chasing the horizon and the freedom that is so precious to both of them. And we know they will.

Videos

El Tango de Roxanne
Paralyzer
Boston
Wherever You Will Go

Oh. And did we mention we have Johnny Depp and Keira Knightley? Enough said.

Last edited by tanith75; 06-23-2007 at 01:08 PM
tanith75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread