Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-04-2005, 10:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

We really need to start moving this along. I know school is going to take up a lot of our time and stuff though. Have we thought any more about the fictional town that we want this to take palce in? Quirky neighbors are a must for me, and I can also see an old aunt or something trying to move in with Alana. Anyone else?

vote: Sara Evans' I Keep Looking

beautiful creatures
Old 10-04-2005, 12:03 PM
Master Fan

Since we're down to only three choices, it might go faster if people just pick their favorite. So from now on, the one you vote for should be the one you want used as the theme song. The links to the downloads expired but if anyone didn't get them, let me know and I'll upload them again.

Theme Song Choices
Sara Evans - A Real Fine Place to Start
Josh Kelley - Only You
Jessica Andrews - Summer Girl

As for wacky town folk, maybe we should come up with someplace Courtney goes on a regular basis. It could be an eating establishment, some kind of store, or something outdoors like a park. I think once we come up with where she'll be running into people it might be a bit easier to establish who she's running in to. I'm leaning toward a park since we've decided she likes to exercise outdoors. Plus, it's out in the open so it's plausible she would run into a lot of people there and she wouldn't have any place to hide. Wackiness could believably ensue.
Old 10-10-2005, 01:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

For the first two songs, I have them at my Wirehog, I'll put up a link later tonight for those of you who still want to hear them. I'll also try and find a file for Summer Girl. ETA: My Wirehog Link

I like the idea of Courtney maybe going and bugging Nick, dragging him away from his full-time job just to have a cup of coffee with her at the local coffee shop or something like that. I kind of have the feeling that she's always going to be nagging him for something or other and that's what he loves about her. Then at the coffee shop, the people watching comes in, the quirky townsfolk that Courtney would love to include in her book that she's struggling on. Meanwhile, Nick, who's been done with his coffee for the past twenty minutes, finally gives up and drags her back to the apartment/house that they live in, plants her in front of the computer and begs her to type all of what she was just talking about at the coffee shop.

beautiful creatures
Old 10-10-2005, 02:02 PM
Master Fan

The coffee date sounds really cute. I had an idea about Courtney's book the other day. What if she uses her book to work out her aggressions? She's writing a murder mystery so maybe she kills off someone in the book that really annoys her in real life. The suspects could be based on other townspeople. We could incorporate the coffee date and people-watching into this scenario.

If we decide to write anything past the pilot, we could do an episode where the book is released and no one in the town likes her portrayal of them. Or we could do something earlier where someone in her family reads part of the book and they're insulted. In either case, we could have a scene with Nick comforting her. We could use the book as a way to reveal Courtney's feelings to him. He could read the book and pick up on the attraction between the main character and the main male character. Maybe the guy is named Rick and bears an uncanny resemblance to Nick. Further down the road, her book could be sold as a movie. I think once we get the groundwork laid, there's potential for a lot of comedy.

My vote for the theme song is Sara Evans - A Real Fine Place to Start. I think the lyrics fit the show premise the best and it's really upbeat.
Old 04-25-2006, 09:49 PM
Master Fan

I just wanted to let everyone know that we didn't lose anything from this thread. I printed it out prior to the server mess so I could consolidate all the details we had discussed. I'm working on that again now that I'm back home but it might still be a couple of weeks before I'm finished since there's a lot to go through and I'm still playing catchup from when I was gone.

I had posted several ideas to work on while the show details are in limbo. Here they are again to the best of my recollection.
  1. Come up with titles for the romance novels Courtney has written and the mystery novel she's working currently writing.
  2. Design covers for the books.
  3. Make manips of any combination of the actors to use as group promos for the show.
  4. Pick a photo of CC to use as Courtney's dustjacket photo and write a bio blurb to go beneath it.
Anyone else have an idea to add to the list or a contribution to one already listed?
Old 04-26-2006, 09:39 AM
New Fan

It would not be airing on basic cable channels... I would pay to see her show.
Old 04-26-2006, 01:36 PM
Extreme Fan

Ne way i can help give us a shout! As for tiltles hmmmm could be anything really! I really suck at this but ill throw one idea in 'Shiver'?? is that lame! lol
av credit-paintedxlie
Old 04-28-2006, 03:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I've been a member of eHarlequin for a while and in their forums, there's this thread with possible titles and descriptions for books. I'll see if I can go over there during lunch today and get some stuff regarding the books.

I could also start to work on the manips, the only trouble I'm having is with Scott Speedman. Seriously, there are tons of pics of him, but they're very low quality and not transferable onto the pictures that we could use. I have only one or two hi-res pics of him.

EDIT: Possible titles for Courtney's books:

A Moment of Daring
An Unexpected Blessing
Caught Flirting
Hardly Breathing
When in London...
In a Heartbeat
Survival Instincts
Afternoon Delight
Facing the Fire
The Great Escape Artist

beautiful creatures

Last edited by Fearlessღ; 04-28-2006 at 07:24 PM
Old 05-29-2006, 10:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I know the rule on double posting, but I think we need to bring this back up to the top and throw some more ideas out. I have some more suggestions on the book titles too:

Getting Even
Tease
Never Too Late
Snowfall

As far as the picture goes for Courtney's blurb in the back of her books, I think we should use the LAX Promo Pic. It shows off CC's beautiful smile and with the long hair, it's really perfect.

beautiful creatures
Old 05-29-2006, 04:04 PM
Master Fan

I like the book titles.

What about this for a blurb picture?
Old 05-29-2006, 07:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

See, the picture on the dustjacket is going to be so hard because there are so many great pictures of Charisma! I'm still searching for HQ pics of Scott - he's very hard to find and I like the pictures where he had the longer hair and I've been searching for those instead of the Felicity promos which I have.

beautiful creatures
Old 05-30-2006, 03:57 AM
Master Fan

Yeah, the blurb pic is going to be tough to narrow down. I'm still leaning toward the idea of doing two, one for the romances and one for the mystery. We could do a big smile for the romances and a more serious picture for the mystery, like one of the Ats promos.

Are these the two Scott pictures you have?

I've been trying to find a fansite that has a good gallery but I haven't had any luck so far. I found one that is regularly updated and has a great variety but all the pictures are medium quality. I haven't had any luck with Wendie Malick pictures, either.
Old 05-30-2006, 03:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, Wendie, Scott and Julia are the hardest pictures to find. All of the Julia pictures, I found at her site, but they're very LQ. Wendie and Scott have pictures around, but none are that HQ that we can get with Holly and Charisma. Thanks for the pics Rachel. I can maybe manip them into a couples pic with Charisma somehow. Ooooo, I think I have the perfect picture too

beautiful creatures
Old 05-30-2006, 03:35 PM
Master Fan

I like the second pic of CC for the blurb thing.
I love you but, I don't even know why
Old 05-31-2006, 03:22 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tidbit2008
I like the second pic of CC for the blurb thing.
Ditto