Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-11-2004, 05:36 AM
Elite Fan

Nah, you wouldn't think would you? Considering that most FF files are under 100kb I doubt it'd be too bad.

And aww man, you have finals already? That's not fair, I have another month to go

"Naya's my girl." - Heather Morris

|| Naya Rivera and Heather Morris Board Campaigns||Live Journal||Tumblr||
Old 11-11-2004, 07:26 AM
Master Fan

I could probably help you with the HTML once you've got the basics done, Nikki. Gimme a PM or something...

Our exams have started, too. Except I don't have any.
Old 11-11-2004, 02:02 PM
Elite Fan

Shannon I'll definatly get back to you. There is some talk about a fic archive over on the BAM board.

Yeah we're gearing up for finals, I'm taking mostly all web courses where you can work at your own pace and I'm done with two already, but my finals for the other three are due within the week.
Old 11-12-2004, 03:40 AM
Elite Fan

I had actually talked to Lynn about a BAM multimedia site a while back, but we never got a chance to chat more about it. All inclusive, with videos, fanart, icons and of course, a fic archive. I definitely think that would be a great resource for the BAMers, and then have the board an the official site as an affiliate and sister site.

But I certainly can't do it alone. Plus the fact that I kinda suck with web design and I don't have the graphics program right now to purdy it up.

Shannon, would you be willing to give us a hand in the coding to get us off the ground, and then I think we could handle things from there. That is if Nikki is into it as well.

Old 11-12-2004, 04:14 AM
Elite Fan

Oh I'm definatly in. Although I think on the fan fic thing we should have a place for other femslash for alot of the people who need a fanfic archive for say B/W or Brooke/Peyton or something. I mean they are becoming quiet popular with the BAMers, lol.

And I've got the graphics program and would love to work some magic with the BAM pics I have.
Old 11-12-2004, 04:42 AM
Elite Fan

Well we could make two seperate sites, and just limit the fanfiction one to the smaller fandoms, like B/P, BAM, Emma/Shal, Chloe/Lana. That way we don't have a ton of fics chewing up bandwidth that can be found on a dozen other different sites.

And then the BAM multimedia site as an offshoot. Nikki, let me know if you need some space for your mvids in the meantime. The only problem is that you might have to look into getting an FTP program. I use Leech right now and it's very EASY to manage.

Old 11-13-2004, 03:28 AM
Master Fan

Yep, I'd be happy to! I've never used a fic archive/PHP though, so it'll be a learning experience for me as well.
Old 11-13-2004, 06:29 AM
Elite Fan

Aww, thanks Shannon!

Old 11-13-2004, 06:41 AM
Master Fan

Hehe, of course! I'd do anything for you guys.
Old 11-13-2004, 02:36 PM
Elite Fan

Well let's see, we have Shannon and Maxi who can do HTML. We're so ready!
Old 11-14-2004, 05:03 AM
Elite Fan

Anything Shannon?

Ok, what I was thinking, if this is going to be a collaborative effort, then maybe I should just buy another domain. That way it will only be for the archive and multimedia site, instead of having to share with my site and fanlist. I can get a relatively cheap domain and hosting package, I'd be willing to do that. Since I don't have a ton of anything else to contribute. So if you guys want to start building it, I can look into getting the new domain and hosting. I was thinking of using the same host I have for my site, I've been very pleased with them, plus I'm already familiar with how they run things.

After I get the new domain and server, I can create FTP access for each of you that is contributing, that way you can do what you want, when you want to do it.

Old 11-14-2004, 05:26 AM
Elite Fan

That sounds great, but since this idea was started by me and you, I want to contribute in some way. My friend has a Paypal addy that I can used to send some cash to help pay for the domain, I'd really like to help that way Cass. Think you could set one up if you don't already have one?
Old 11-14-2004, 05:49 AM
Elite Fan

Well you certainly WILL be contributing to it Nikki. I thought you were our resident graphic goddess around here after all

Trust me, it's not THAT expensive. At least let me look at see around what price we'd be looking at first. How big a server are we wanting anyway? I can get about 1000mb storage and 15gb a month fairly cheap, and the domain is a once a year fee.

Speaking of the domain, name ideas? I saw shippersunited.com is no longer in use.

Old 11-14-2004, 05:56 AM
Elite Fan

Well for the fem fic one we could always use www.femslash.net or .com or something, if that is avaliable. The BAM one could just be like bam-media.com or something perhaps.

We'll put it to a vote. Oh and Cass don't feel like you can't ask me to contribute financially on this cause I don't care to do it. I'm going to be asking around once we get this plan in motion. I know some very good fanartist who could make like really top notch graphics as well. I'm sure they would do it if I asked and we provided some linkage back to them.
Old 11-14-2004, 06:08 AM
Elite Fan

Well lets see, why don't we get the domain for the femslash archive first, decide on that and get that up. In the meantime I can talk to Lynn and see if she wants any imput into the BAM media site. We can always just use a subdomain off of my www.no-other-way.com like bam.no-other-way.com or something of the like.

But if you insist about the monetary contribution, I won't argue with you. Lets just get all the details ironed out first though, how's that? I was looking to use InfluxHost.net, which is the server I'm using now and haven't had any problems.