Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2019, 06:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I see, so it was always supposed to end in four season? But that's still below the 100 episode mark needed for syndication. I mean, shows have gone into syndication without having 100 episodes, but it's more lucrative if you have 100.

Well, I agree that Nielsen ratings are obsolete. I don't care about Hulu or online streaming stuff, but On Demand viewings should be taking into consideration. Damn Fan Forum takes up so much time I end up watching a lot of stuff on On Demand.

But at the same time the fact that Batwoman is in the ratings basement can't be overlooked. Even with other viewing options, the feedback I'm getting online is that fans, especially comic book fans, can't stand Batwoman and that it's losing viewers. Cloak & Dagger's cancellation is probably typical of this. Freeform has been known to cancel a lot of stuff, like Stitchers and Shadowhunters, but those shows also lost viewers because the network was less interested in storytelling and more interested in "wokeness." This PC crap is just killing storytelling, and Batwoman is the latest in that trend. CW in general has become riddled with this stuff, which is why there's so much nostalgia lately for the old WB with Buffy, Angel, Charmed, Gilmore Girls, Felicity, etc. This stuff is just getting way out of hand. It's crazy.

Oh, and no one from Fox should talk, since they have a reputation for cancelling shows at the drop of a hat.
Old 10-27-2019, 11:41 AM
Fan Forum Legend

^ See Alex I understand that you don't care for Hulu and online streaming but it needs to be taking into consideration because that's how many people watch television right now.

Alex I completely agree with you on FOX, it seems they cancel shows from left to right so they should be quiet. lol I don't buy anything they say.

When it comes to Batwoman I will shockingly AGREE with you. From the little bit I've seen, Nielsen Viewers and random critics have seemed to not be a fan of the series..... from the 2 episodes I've watched, it's okay! not the greatest or worst but just okay.

You are correct, Freeform, formerly ABC Family cancels every show which is why I try not to even watch shows that comes on the network.

When it comes to Batwoman though, Batwoman is who she's always been for the last decade, a lesbian woman... so they are writing her correctly.
Old 10-27-2019, 05:25 PM
Master Fan

I just watched the 2nd episode of Batwoman, it's still okay. And I'm still more interested in Alice's story over Kate's.
Old 10-27-2019, 05:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)
When it comes to Batwoman though, Batwoman is who she's always been for the last decade, a lesbian woman... so they are writing her correctly.
Thanks for agreeing with me so much, Tia. And I know that Batwoman has been a lesbian for the last decade. That's part of the "woke" New 52 continuity that was recently cancelled in favor of returning DC to their post-Crisis continuity with Rebirth. I mean prior to that, for the first 40 years of the character's existence, she was mostly just a creation of some writer who wanted a new love interest for Batman, but I just don't think she's really all that relevant. She's one of those characters who has become more defined by her sexual preference than for anything to do with her character, which is exactly the problem with politically correct storytelling.
Old 10-29-2019, 12:45 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)
Nah, it wasn't cancelled. Michael Schur decided to end it because it's not left story left to tell and again if you watched the show you'd understand why it's one of the shows that really can't ast 10 seasons. After I watched season 2, I loved the series but even I wondered how long this should could last.

It's really a show you need to watch the entire first season of and than you will get the obsession with it. lol
Exactly, I'm surprised that it even got to S4 tbh
Old 10-29-2019, 05:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hey, Sam! Congrats on the Steelers coming from behind to beat the Dolphins!

It is a bit concerning that your team fell behind 14-0 in the first half, but you came back strong to win 14-27. You're still in the AFC North race.
Old 10-31-2019, 05:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Don't eat too much candy today everyone. lol
Old 10-31-2019, 05:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'll try not to, Tia. I think they cancelled Halloween trick or treating in my area because of bad weather, so they're gonna do it tomorrow.

Happy Halloween, everyone!

Old 11-01-2019, 10:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Wow it was a lot of trick of treaters where I was because around 6pm the weather got much better.
Old 11-01-2019, 11:49 AM
Master Fan

It was snowing, so I only got 5 trick or treaters by my place.
Old 11-01-2019, 03:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Hey, Sam! Congrats on the Steelers coming from behind to beat the Dolphins!

It is a bit concerning that your team fell behind 14-0 in the first half, but you came back strong to win 14-27. You're still in the AFC North race.
Thanks!

It is, but we are always like that after a bye
Old 11-02-2019, 01:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Well, your guys are gonna have to step it up against the Colts, Sam. They're the toughest team in the AFC South and one of the best in the AFC right now. Good luck tomorrow!

Wow, you got snow, Melissa?

Well, it turned out that the kids were able to go trick or treating after all, Tia. It was really windy, but the wind blew all the rain clouds away so the evening was pretty dry right up until 9pm, and then the storms and tornado warnings began around 10pm to midnight. I'd still have preferred clear skies and no bad weather, but oh well.

I hope everyone had a nice Halloween!
Old 11-02-2019, 05:12 PM
Master Fan

Yep, it snowed all day on Halloween. That's why I wasn't expecting many kids to be out.
Old 11-02-2019, 07:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Luckily I don't care for Halloween at all. lol But nice the kids got to enjoy it. lol
Old 11-02-2019, 11:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm sure we will Alex